Sword Art Online / Sword Art Online II / Alicization / Progressive

You can hear a good portian of Kayaba’s speech in the AoA trailer I posted a few months ago.

So how was the dub of this for the full ep? I haven’t gotten around to checking it out yet.

As much as I’d like for there to be some conspiracy, that Crispin is in SAO and is lying about it (luckily Steve Blum has gotten past that for autographs), that does not sound like him to me. Crispin is, IMO, always over-the-top and rather pretentious sounding, if that’s a thing, unless he plays a laconic character (eg:Last Exile) where he doesn’t speak enough to judge lol. If Crispin plays a character who rants or says more than 3 words per sentence then he just oozes cheese. I don’t think the man can “turn it off” even if he wanted to. Note that I still think the guy voicing Kayaba sounds over the top, just not to Crispin levels.

More objectively, the diction, rhythm and voice in general don’t sound like him. IMO Crispin has a pretty recognizable way of speaking, like Ilich “The Anunciator” Guardiola.

So why wasn’t Crispin in this? Kayaba could really do with some cheesiness, I think.

Sword Art Online Extra Edition to Air With New Footage

posted on 2013-08-12 17:15 EDT

I personally dislike it when they introduce some new footage into a series via a recap ep. Why can’t they just make a completely new ep for new footage?

The money and the demand have to be there. Have to be.

SAO needs a recap ep after its run has ended?

New footage might be preview stuff for next Season (Which would be the Gun gale Online arc, and introduces Shinon)

Aniplex USA Stops Shipping Sword Art Online DVD Set 1

posted on 2013-08-13 23:55 EDT

The dub for this isn’t exactly the greatest (there’ve been better B/Z dubs) but it does, IMO, improve the show significantly. Kirito sounds more respectable, less Engrish…

Sword Art Online: Extra Edition Special Key Visual, Story Revealed

posted on 2013-10-06 18:25 EDT
Swimsuit episode to air on December 31

Teanslation: "We paid too much for the license, and we can’t afford to license a single episode, because it’s not about Kirito looking like a bad ass and we know you Americans wouldn’t be interested in a side story that features the girls helping out a friend. Even though the person Kirito will meet is more than likely an 85% chance that it’s going to be Shinon. (The girl who’s a major character in the next arc, Gun Gale Online) /endrant :stuck_out_tongue:

Aniplex USA Hosts Sword Art Online Contest on Toonami

posted on 2013-10-08 11:18 EDT

Sword Art Online: Extra Edition Character Designs Previewed

posted on 2013-10-11 02:10 EDT
Original light novelist Reki Kawahara took part in 2-hour special’s writing

Sword Art Online: Extra Edition to Stream Worldwide

posted on 2013-11-07 20:35 EST
Crunchyroll, Daisuki to stream special in U.S. on January 1 at midnight Japan Time

Sword Art Online: Extra Edition’s Ad Subtitled in English

posted on 2013-12-20 06:30 EST
“Niji no Oto” theme previewed before December 31 TV premiere

Sword Art Online: Extra Edition’s Ad Previews Eir Aoi’s Song

posted on 2013-12-18 04:00 EST
“Niji no Oto” theme previewed before December 31 TV premiere

Sword Art Online II TV Anime to Launch in 2014

posted on 2013-12-31 09:58 EST
Announced during Sword Art Online: Extra Edition special on Tuesday

Here’s the preview video for Season 2

Sword Art Online EXTRA EDITION

Sword Art Online EXTRA EDITION is up now!

Toonami’s Anime Rank #1 in Demographics

posted on 2014-01-11 00:06 EST

Sword Art Online II’s July Premiere, New Visual Unveiled

posted on 2014-03-16 00:55 EDT
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Miyuki Sawashiro reprise roles in sequel adapting novels #5, 6

Eir Aoi Returns to Perform Sword Art Online II Opening Theme

posted on 2014-04-18 12:56 EDT
Anime series to premiere in July