TCG Music Thread

-lol-
We basically said the same thing.

And with that…
Here’s a Swedish Vikingarock / Oi! group I ran across many years back, who sadly disbanded quite some time ago.

I first heard them through a lovely ballad that was played on Gotham Radio (gothmetal.net) (an internet straming radio station, which seems to sadly be gone as well) and only release on a compilation album with other Viking Rock artists.

[video type=youtube]3YiBCMjKPUI[/video]

After falling in love with that song, I hunted down their albums and really fell in love with the group as a whole.

I particularly like their Valkyriors Dom album.

[video type=youtube]tpROmRKp-5w[/video]

[video type=youtube]NkzA_T7L_0c[/video]

[video type=youtube]mq04wrSmO-Y[/video]

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]
So apparently, Natsuko Aso (Demon King Daimao ED Everyday Sunshine Line!) also sings for the Nichijou OP.
I didn’t even know it was her until I watched the PV for it.

[video type=youtube]osWXbe7MbGE[/video][/quote]

Oh snap!
Since it was from Hyadain’s official YT account, I guess I should have read the description before posting what I thought I heard.

[quote]Hyadain’s Kakakata Kataomoi-C

Hi! This is my 53rd song and my 1st major single!
This song is the opening theme of the animation “Nichijo”

I sing every vocal (including girl’s vocal “Hyadaruko”)
but in this PV, Hyadaruko stars Miss Natsuko Aso.

You can get this CD on April 27!
pls check it out![/quote]

So it turns out, he sings all of the vocals in the song, and Natsuko Aso, I guess, is just there in the PV for looks.

Some more Madoka AMVs I ran across.

Hitomi Shimatani - Falco (The Law of Ueki OP)

[video type=youtube]-5PfNqb67Eo[/video]

And of course, I found one put to the Madlax OST!

Yuki Kajiura - Nowhere (Madlax OST)

[video type=youtube]uJGxlaJvbp8[/video]

I don’t know why, but I found this so amusing!

[video type=youtube]GI6CfKcMhjY[/video]

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]

I don’t know why, but I found this so amusing!

[video type=youtube]GI6CfKcMhjY[/video][/quote]

I have never been a Michael Bolton fan (or those OTHER guys), but I must admit that was rather amusing.

-lol-
Yeah, I’m not a fan of either of them myself, but something about Bolton going on and on singing of movies, just made me laugh something fierce.

Well, since I’ve been on a Tolkien kick not to mention a Tolkien lore nerd, I figured I’d post more Tolkien related music.

Let’s see, what have I covered already in this thread…

I’ve already covered The Hobbit, LotR & The Return of the King OSTs…
I’ve covered Orkrist.

I guess it’s time for some Battlelore

[video type=youtube]THLQt8kNiX0[/video]

[video type=youtube]1LzfazydDBk[/video]

[video type=youtube]GOZGFoWJMFI[/video]

Oh wow!
Someone finally put up songs on YT from an obscure band I know!
I’ve been searching on YT for some vids from time to time so I could post them, but to no avail.

What a coincidence that it coincides with the time period that I’m posting Tolkien related stuff.

They’re sort of an aquired taste kind of band, so most you probably won’t like them, but they have some really nice songs on their albums.

Russian Folk Rock

[size=5]The Hobbit Shire[/size]

Lyrical base: Tolkien lore and folklore in Russian

[video type=youtube]UzVrzP4MmgY[/video]

[video type=youtube]TO4yY-tSZwM[/video]

I had to throw this in the middle of my Tolkien related music sharing because I just couldn’t believe it…

Of all the songs to cover, it just had to be this one!

[video type=youtube]duhiq2nAtqg[/video]

Continuing my Tolkien related music sharing.

[size=5]http://www.tolkien-ensemble.net/[/size]

[quote]The Tolkien Ensemble (founded in 1995) is a Danish ensemble which aims to create “the world’s first complete musical interpretation of the poems and songs from The Lord of the Rings”. They published four CDs from 1997 to 2005, in which all the poems and songs of The Lord of the Rings are set to music. The project was approved by both the Tolkien family and HarperCollins Publishers. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark gave permission to use her illustrations in the CD layout.

Permanent members are Caspar Reiff and Peter Hall (composition, singing and guitar), Signe Asmussen (singing), Oyvind Ougaard (accordion), Katja Nielsen (double-bass), and Morten Ryelund Sorensen (conductor and violin).

The Ensemble has toured Europe in 2007, combining their own works with soundtrack pieces from Howard Shore’s soundtrack to the film trilogy as well as live narration by Christopher Lee.[/quote]

Here’s my beautiful CDs that I paid an arm and a leg for due to being an import.
I took these pics of a few years back when I had them out, they’re in storage now, so I haven’t listened to them in quite some time.

I can’t post the playlist on YT of the first CD, since it’ll auto-embed, so I’ll just post a few select songs.

[video type=youtube]gsVIHMx7zGc[/video]

[video type=youtube]lRpIU_mu_rM[/video]

[video type=youtube]QGlKh0izkv4[/video]

[video type=youtube]BVf_Vgr7kVk[/video]

[video type=youtube]k5hkYQMT6jk[/video]

[video type=youtube]sFQhBJWN0qo[/video]

Up next on the Tolkien music list, is Blind Guardian
More specifically, their Nightfall in Middle-Earth album

[quote]Nightfall in Middle-Earth is a concept album by Blind Guardian, released in 1998. It is also Blind Guardian’s sixth studio album.

The album is based upon J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Silmarillion, a book of tales from the First Age of Middle-earth, recounting the War of the Jewels. The album contains not only songs but also spoken parts narrating parts of the story. The cover represents Lúthien dancing in front of Morgoth.

The music is more “melodic” on this album, compared to previous works such as Somewhere Far Beyond, and the songs have much more fluency, without losing any of the traditional speed or guitar solos and leads. It is also the first album with Oliver Holzwarth as guest musician, playing bass guitar instead of Hansi Kursch[/quote]

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle-Earth

Tracklist

01. War of Wrath – 1:50
02. Into the Storm – 4:24
03. Lammoth – 0:28
04. Nightfall – 5:34
05. The Minstrel – 0:32
06. The Curse of Fëanor – 5:41
07. Captured – 0:26
08. Blood Tears – 5:23
09. Mirror Mirror – 5:07
10. Face the Truth – 0:24
11. Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns) – 6:51
12. Battle of Sudden Flame – 0:44
13. Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) – 4:53
14. The Dark Elf – 0:23
15. Thorn – 6:18
16. The Eldar – 3:39
17. Nom the Wise – 0:33
18. When Sorrow Sang – 4:25
19. Out on the Water – 0:44
20. The Steadfast – 0:21
21. A Dark Passage – 6:01
22. Final Chapter (Thus Ends…) – 0:48

Two of my favorite songs from the album.

[video type=youtube]hYqWJQCptV0[/video]

[video type=youtube]5CP4bzlLXDo[/video]

Let’s see…
More Tolkien related stuff.

[video type=youtube]aaN4GiUYR_E[/video]

[video type=youtube]tWF_EVDfa2Y[/video]

Just played major catch-up here and everything was wonderful! And of course anything with Madoka in it is awesome. Love your Tolkien mood! :slight_smile: Great stuff!

Since I haven’t posted it yet, here’s the 2nd OP PV for My Ordinary Life, also again, from Hyadain

Quoted from the YT vid description

[quote]My 2nd single “Hyadain’s Jojo Yujo” MV
This song is also used in animation “Nichijo” as a theme song.
I sing every parts (including female part).[/quote]

[video type=youtube]1Xxnp0Q1GYQ[/video]

I don’t think I actually posted this group due to the forum not liking other language letters.

However, I was reminded of this little gem ealier tonight, going though my MP3s.
This is one of my favorite songs by this band, it’s from their 2007 promo/single My Way, which you can download on their homepage, here:

[size=1]-click on the album cover of the promo-[/size]

http://www.luna-aeterna.ru/releases/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/thecoffeegod/bandstuff/lnaatnamwy_l.jpg

[video type=youtube]ZXY_9gNIObE[/video]

Well this is rather interesting.
I’d say kind of sad, but I didn’t really like their past 3 albums very much.

http://www.rhapsodyoffire.com/news.html

[quote][size=5]RHAPSODY OF FIRE’S FRIENDLY SPLIT[/size]

Tuesday, 16 August 2011 06:52

After 15 years of friendship, hard work and big passion, fully invested in the creation of symphonic music and an epic saga that will remain in the history of heavy metal, Alex Staropoli and Luca Turilli decided to proceed to a friendly split.
“10 albums released and the end of the saga represent, musically and lyrically, an important artistic goal finally reached, underlined by the success of our last release “From Chaos To Eternity”, for which we want to thank our wonderful fans once again. Now it came the time when new artistic stimulations need to be found, in respect of both parts’ visions and perspectives and of our longtime friendship” say Luca and Alex. Due to the latest legal agreements actually in force, Alex Staropoli will go on with RHAPSODY OF FIRE having, between the others, Fabio Lione as singer, Tom Hess as guitar player and Alex Holzwarth as drummer. For the same agreements and the original name’s common ownership, Luca Turilli will release his future works with a new RHAPSODY band, including the faithful band members Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth.

Alex says: “While wishing the best to Luca and his new band, I want to tell you that Fabio and myself feel motivated and stronger than ever and that RHAPSODY OF FIRE are already planning a great worldwide tour. More information regarding the new bass player and the new second guitar player will follow. Stay tuned!”

The website www.rhapsodyoffire.com will remain the glorious RHAPSODY OF FIRE website at all effects and www.algalordchronicles.com the official fan club of RHAPSODY OF FIRE only. In the future, if you want to know more about the new band of Luca Turilli, please check his personal website at www.lucaturilli.com [/quote]

Another band I don’t think I ever posted.
However, here’s my favorite song by them.

Erben Der Schopfung - Niemand Kennt Den Tod

[video type=youtube]1MwaTCeL3tE[/video]

A couple new albums I’ve been enjoying inbetween trying to keep up with my anime watching.

[video type=youtube]PJT2T0zNxYo[/video]

[video type=youtube]1ahVrlhOv3I[/video]

Yay!
It got reuploaded!

This is definitely my favorite of the PMMM AMVs that’s seen.
Though, that’s probably due to my loving the song used so much.

[video type=youtube]B3f64h7wPdo[/video]

I forgot that this album was coming out!
Even though I posted the song they put up as a reminder to myself that it was.

Anyways…
I’m seriously impressed!
This is one the few bands that just continously puts out one good album after another.

They’ve put out 4 albums now since 2005, and all of them are just absolutely awesome.

I don’t remember wether they’ve actually put out a music video before, so I think this is their very first music video ever.

[video type=youtube]aFH4lQuRd3s[/video]

The Ro-Kyu-Bu! PV.

[video type=youtube]as_C8BBNpsA[/video]