The Land of Obscusion: The Home of Obscure Anime

rebecca1/2 wrote:

Bt’X ran on TAN VOD, but they didn’t show all of it, they only showed the first 14 episodes. It ran from January 3, 2008 until April 3, 2008.

In fact I think the horse was robotic, the more I try to remember it. I almost need to keep a journal to keep track of all the shows I’ve seen.

Llllllllllllet’s get ready to be confuuuuuuuuuused! Masami Obari made his take on Eva-styled mech anime back in 2000, but not many seem to know about it. It’s confusing second half might be the big reason, though…

Enjoy!

Seeing that Kaiji’s Seacond Season is finally coming this Spring (is this upcoming season going to be great or what?), I’ve decided to review what I love to call the “Madhouse Gambling Trilogy”, starting with the beginning:

If the Ring ni Kakero 1 anime series is my #1 most wanted anime license, then Akagi is definitely #2. Enjoy!

It’s Part 2 of the “Madhouse Gambling Trilogy”, and this time we see a show that shows that it’s cool to be a loser as long as you can climb back from Hell and kick some ass!

Enjoy!

It’s the last entry in this trilogy of gambling animes, and it really makes baseball insanly psychological:

I am so looking forward to Kaiji: Hakairoku-hen this April, and I’d still absolutely love to see this trilogy licensed one day. They’re all literally right behind Ring ni Kakero 1 on my most-wanted anime license list.

Enjoy!

Not exactly an anime review here, but where would the Super Robot Wars video game series be without mech anime? So here’s a review of one of the series’ more obscure entires:

Enjoy!

Back to anime, and this time it’s something that can actually be watched on this website! ADV seemed to consider this a precursor to Excel Saga of sorts, and while I don’t necessarily agree with that I must say that I still enjoyed it.

Enjoy!

Back with another review. This time we take a look at an excellent hydroboat racing anime that features a song that sounds like the Black Eyed Peas’ “Where is the Love?”… I am not joking.

This is definitely an excellent show and it’s a shame that Viz never bothered to release it when they got it from ShoPro after their merger. Enjoy!

Animes based on fighting games aren’t anything new to us, but here’s one that some might have missed. It’s actually not half bad, but that’s not really saying much when it comes to titles like these:

Enjoy!

Another multi-part piece on my blog, but this one is educational in a sense. You see, the Ring ni Kakero 1 anime starts about 25 chapters into the story. Now in the end that’s because those early chapters of the story aren’t really important overall, but since they do exist I decided to take the 2001-2002 reprint of the original manga that I have and give an overview of all 25 chapters so that no one can wonder anymore. Class is now in session!

Enjoy and here’s looking forward to Season 4 this April! Anime Network, this is a show that it just screaming for a simulcast!

GAINAX is easily one of the most recongnizable studios in anime right now and just about every title they’ve done gets licensed… But here is one that will probably never get licensed, partially because GAINAX seemingly is ingoring it’s existence!

Enjoy!

ShawnMerrow wrote:

[quote]Below are a few I would like to see saved.

Black Magic M-66
Demon City Shinjuku
Dominion Tank Police
Gunsmith Cats
Robot Carnival
Sol Bianca (two episode version)[/quote]

I know EXACTLY what you mean… I never saw Black Magic, Demon City, DTP, or Sol Bianca the first time around, and I caught the tail end of Robot Carnival. The one I wish they would bring back is Gunsmith Cats, since that one was hilarious!

First GAINAX, now Rumiko Takahashi! This title is a true underdog:

A company should try re-releasing the Rumic World OVAs (not to be confused with the more recent It’s a Rumic World OVAs) and add One-Pound Gospel to them. Enjoy!

Has anyone seen Henasakeru Seishonen or Natsume Yujincho? I hadn’t heard of either of them but they were both such amazing animes. I usually will buy up all the $3 anime at Big Lots and sometimes I find great stuff.

Overlord79 wrote:

I’m in an anime club here in the Tulsa area and we’re going to be watching Gunsmith Cats the next few meetings.

Saint Seiya is a very well-known series, but it’s quintology of movies have become mostly obscure as time went on, so that makes them the perfect way for me to talk about Saint Seiya on my blog!

Enjoy!

It’s time for the second Saint Seiya movie, and while I still enjoyed it and still recommend watching it, at the same time I must warn that it’s also a case of great potential that isn’t fully realised… But that’s why there’s the Asgard Chapter of the TV series… That we might never get over here… Let’s just go to the review before I bring more sadness to this post.

Enjoy!

I saw this movie a few days ago, but I didn’t get to actually typing up a review until now. So here is what is, so far, the best of the Saint Seiya movies!

The fourth movie’s review might be put up tomorrow, as I already watched it. Enjoy!

The fourth movie uses Lucifer as the villian, and outside of a slightly disappointing direct ending, this movies serves as a fine end to the original quadrilogy of Saint Seiya movies.

That just leaves 2004’s Saint Seiya Tenkai-hen, which should be fun to re-watch after seeing Next Dimension actually get somewhere in its story. Enjoy!