The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya / The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan

Guess I’ll be watching it subbed then.

Was it that bad?
Slick

LOL. Slick, it’s not bad. Season 1 is actually one of the better dubs that Bang Zoom has put out in recent years. Some of the voices seem a bit miscast, especially if you listen to the Japanese, but the performances are pretty solid.

The cast is comprised of several LA regulars, though you could consider many of them over utilized. It features many well known names such as Wendlee Lee in the name-sake role, Crispin Freeman as Kyon, as well as Johnny Yong Bosch, Kari Wahlgreen, and Michelle Ruff.

I’m happy since I loved the dub and that is with seeing the subbed version first.

2nd Haruhi Season’s English Casts Posted

posted on 2010-03-28 16:00 EDT
Haruhi to bring back original English voice cast members

The JP cast did a tremendous job - Haruhi was a stellar production all around. It’s hard to reach those levels, like in the case of PP which he experienced the JP first.

The english dub really jarred me at first but I really grew to like it by the time I finished it - it does have its share of issues that can be grating though. Your mileage may vary. If I get a chance to watch Haruhi 2, speaking for myself, I’ll be watching the english dub. I’m looking forward to Wendee and Crispin. :slight_smile:

I didn’t think the dub was jarrying. When I first heard Wendee Lee was playing Haruhi though, I couldn’t get her “Faye voice” out of my mind. But once I sat down and watched the first episode I was like “damn she nailed it in every way imaginable”. Really it’s my all time favorite role for her. Crispin Freeman and JYB were great too, and I loved loved loved Michelle Ruff in this.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-622560/the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-launches/

First 4 episodes up. http://www.crunchyroll.com/haruhi

Dang it Kadokawa I was pushing for this show when it actually aired, don’t the people at Crunchy know what Simulcast means anymore.

I own it already so does everyone else that knows about the anime and wants it. So why is it bad to get more people to buy it?

Can’t wait to get it on DVD. :slight_smile:

Bandai Entertainment Adds The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

posted on 2010-04-15 11:13 EDT
Subbed screenings in San Francisco in May, theatrical run in Hawaii in June

All right, now I just have to work up the nerve to actually buy Endless Eight.

Plus Bandai, make a Fathom event happen, I want to see Haruhi on the big screen.

Agreed! I can’t wait to see this!

Crunchyroll streams first season in japanese with english subtitles. FOR EVERYONE

Haruhi Suzumiya’s New Light Novel to Ship in 2010

posted on 2010-04-27 13:44 EDT
Nagaru Tanigawa’s Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyogaku is 75-80% complete

Read the first two light novels and really enjoyed them. There are some minor difference between them and the anime.

Bandai Entertainment Adds Haruhi-chan, Churuya-san

posted on 2010-05-19 00:28 EDT
1st of 2 DVDs for Haruhi net anime this summer, with free streams now; Haruhi-chan manga in October

Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 - Release Date: August 17, 2010

http://www.amazon.com/Melancholy-Haruhi-Suzumiya-Season/dp/B003RDPYBM/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276502523&sr=1-12

With Bandai and their delays it’ll probably be more like Christmas.lol