Things to Ponder

During my 6th or 7th grade year. Thankfully my friends didn’t know about this or could afford it. :smiley:

How can someone be dirt poor, and another be filthy rich?

Here’s something to think about.

I’m hearing that Taco Bell, Sonic and Steak N’ Shake are gonna offer soda for breakfast and possibly many others to follow. What do you think? Good or bad idea and why?

[quote=“Snowy Stampede” post=121082]Here’s something to think about.

I’m hearing that Taco Bell, Sonic and Steak N’ Shake are gonna offer soda for breakfast and possibly many others to follow. What do you think? Good or bad idea and why?[/quote]

Nothing revolutionary.

I know a number of people, including my own wife, who regularly drink soda with breakfast.

The problem remains how much regular sweetened soda you drink during a day.

I’ve always been a coffee at breakfast person myself.

Mark Gosdin

I’m sure Mayor Bloomberg in NY will have a temper with this.

It’s all about the profits here. Not everybody drinks coffee in the morning and so to offer alternatives is good. The main issue here is calories but people who go to the drive-thru or go inside are the ones who should be more conscience of their weight. It’s a company’s job to worry about their bottom line not your weight loss. They can offer what they can on the menu to help be healthy but I personally think this obesity blame is on the consumer not the company. Companies don’t make you do anything.
As for me I don’t drink soda before lunchtime. I can see many male eaters taking advantage of Diet Pepsi MAX and the like with 0 calories. Mountain Dew A.M…probably not?

I stick to drinking water most mornings.

[quote=“mgosdin” post=121095]

[quote=“Snowy Stampede” post=121082]Here’s something to think about.

I’m hearing that Taco Bell, Sonic and Steak N’ Shake are gonna offer soda for breakfast and possibly many others to follow. What do you think? Good or bad idea and why?[/quote]

Nothing revolutionary.

I know a number of people, including my own wife, who regularly drink soda with breakfast.

The problem remains how much regular sweetened soda you drink during a day.

I’ve always been a coffee at breakfast person myself.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

Steak and Shake has offered soda 24 hours a day for quite some time, including breakfast .

I prefer juice myself. I’m suppose to avoid caffeine anyway.

Oh God, I used to drink like at least 2 cans of Coke a day for years. For the past 3 years or so I’ve tried to stay way from “the devil’s nectar” as I call it and drink ginger ale instead. Shut up. It’s totally different.

Yes, because one sugary soda is completely different from another. :wink:

I cut back on regular sodas for years, then went to diet sodas only about 4 years ago, now for the past year and a half I’ve been soda free.

I’m 125 lbs lighter to boot ( soda was a big part of that ), and so yes it does matter.

Mark Gosdin ( All 6’4", 180 lbs of him. )

I used to drink 6-8 cans of Pepsi A DAY, when I was working. I burned it all off when I was running around up and down stairs all day.

When I was admitted to the hospital, I stopped drinking it cold turkey.

Now I drink Peach Fresca, just can’t give up those bubbles.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=121203]

I used to drink 6-8 cans of Pepsi A DAY, when I was working. I burned it all off when I was running around up and down stairs all day.

When I was admitted to the hospital, I stopped drinking it cold turkey.

Now I drink Peach Fresca, just can’t give up those bubbles.[/quote]

Exactly! Carbonation is key! ^^

I try to limit myself to one can with dinner and drink mostly water the rest of the day. It seems to be working as I’m loosing weight at a faster rate.

Anymore I just mostly drink cranberry juice, to which I add a splash of gingerale. ^^

Upon the recommendation from Slowhand, I have finished reading the Redshirts book. It was surprisingly good and how some very well written moments in it. Even if you are not a Star Trek fan, this is a book I would recommend.

Though now I need to find something to brighten my mood after watching the second episode of Total Eclipse.

Don’t get too attached to any of the characters from the first episode. All but the main one now have an ‘honorary’ redshirt. SALUTE!!

Ginger ale is actually pretty good for you, especially if you get ginger brew, which usually has a higher ginger content. Definitely try that out if you haven’t, Pretear. Stuff burns real good. It’s great for your digestive tract.

pickled ginger…yum!

Does anyone just flat out drink mineral water? (sparkling water) I like the stuff…bubbly and refreshing, leave me a little on the gassy side on my upper body but the best part is even flat its a pretty good flavor… for water, I think it is what coors tastes like, water…

I have to ponder, after about what 10 months away from tan, I come back and nothing, three days after making five to ten posts I have ten friend requests… who are these people?!

the problem with soda is not entirely in the sugar aspect and sedentary aspects, a big problem is the use of high Fructose corn syrup, its so full of free radicals that it actually strips phosphates from your intestinal walls. Also, it does not stimulate the production of insulin in the blood stream.

Also it inhibits higher thought processes, literally making you stupid… i read an article on tests performed on lab rats with HFCS in their water began to slow in solving mazes they had previously conquered, while a control group was given water(which by the description of a neutral additive I assume was balanced to match the amount of calories in the HFCS water mix) these non HFCS rats managed to solve these same mazes without significant changes in their times.

[quote=“Haissan” post=121267]the problem with soda is not entirely in the sugar aspect and sedentary aspects, a big problem is the use of high Fructose corn syrup, its so full of free radicals that it actually strips phosphates from your intestinal walls. Also, it does not stimulate the production of insulin in the blood stream.

Also it inhibits higher thought processes, literally making you stupid… i read an article on tests performed on lab rats with HFCS in their water began to slow in solving mazes they had previously conquered, while a control group was given water(which by the description of a neutral additive I assume was balanced to match the amount of calories in the HFCS water mix) these non HFCS rats managed to solve these same mazes without significant changes in their times.[/quote]

[sarcastic tone] Oh, but the High Fructose Corn Sweetener keeps all those American farmers busy according to Uncle HFCS ( Formerly Sugar ), never mind that they were all bought out by ADM Corporation 40 years ago. [/sarcastic tone]

There is a lot we need to fix and way more to atone for to be honest.

Mark Gosdin

Yesterday, I was playing around a new feature on Star Trek Online. The player or players are defending a planet from the Tholians, but the surface of the planet is nearly as hot as the surface of Venus. The player must have on an environmental suit for protection or burst into flames.

While running around in my suit, I saw another player. That player was a Tactical player, meaning he or she uses more offensive skills. One of those skills can call in a squad of security personal who wear red uniforms. I saw this player call in the team for support. The squad did not have protective suits when they beamed in. The squad screamed in horror and burst into flame and disappeared in a flaming flash.

My first thought, “Now that is the Original Star Trek there!” Too bad I didn’t have it recorded.