To Love Ru

Preventable, maybe.

If the license you received says you are to stream on this certain date at this certain time ( In this case many hours before the Japan premier. ), then you ask your upper management if this is right ( Like Rai looks to have done. ) and are given an affirmative, then you follow your contract and stream when it says to stream.

Where did the contract go wrong? Who reviewed it? We don’t know and won’t know, but I’m willing to bet someone in the US or Japan ( Likely both places and multiple people. ) had red faces and are apologizing profusely.

Mark Gosdin

The thing that is bothering me most about this situation is that people, not so much here, but on ANN and other places have resorted the blame game and name calling. It really doesn’t matter who’s fault it was at this point. All that matters, is getting the issues resolved.

I sincerely doubt there are any penalties for streaming an episode later than a contract specifies. Production problems do happen, and streaming it late would have no negative impact on stations broadcasting it in Japan.

The problem isn’t with asking upper management whether the contract was right or not. The problem is with ignoring the fact that two users pointed out the simulcast time was over half a day before it aired in Japan, and one provided a link to the Tokyo MX schedule.

We certainly didn’t see any response like, “I’ve checked the schedule, and it does appear our simulcast time is before the first airing in Japan. I have advised upper management”.

Sentai doesn’t license their shows from TBS, or whoever airs them in Japan. They license them from Sentai, who specifies the time and method at which they are to be streamed. And yes, Sentai would care if a stream they had negotiated for was played late.

You stated a concern and got a matter of fact answer. It was a bit direct, but there was nothing wrong with it. Any rudeness you or others are reading into it is just in your minds. Anyone here can tell you that this is pretty much the Rai normally posts, on the rare occasions that he actually does.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…should’ve, would’ve, couod’ve? What’s done is done, stop beating the dead horse, can’t get any deader, maybe come back to un-life, but not any deader. Maybe you’re just looking for someone to pat u in the back or a cookie, well then here u go:

pat, pat…“Good work TheAncientOne,” pat, pat “good work”… :slight_smile:

A pat on the back would be due only if I had accomplished something.

What I would like is an explanation for why someone couldn’t be bothered to even check the broadcast schedule when a problem was called to their attention.

The dead horse must have twitched.

Grrr…

[spoiler]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/179/d/b/My_little_ZOMBIE_Pony__OOak_by_Undead_Art.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110330175408/halofanon/images/2/25/Meme_-_ZOMBIE_HORSE_WANT_BRAINS.jpg[/spoiler]

Where is your proof that no one checked the schedule? You keep talking as though you were, when you clearly were not. I think it’s time to drop this, as it’s really getting nothing accomplished.

So, any updates on the situation? I really hope that there isn’t a huge delay before we get Episode 2 because of what happened.

Sadly, negotiations for something like this tend to take awhile.
I really wouldn’t expect any news on this for a few weeks.

Depending on why exactly they delayed their TLR:D stream on AoD, this might actually be a good sign.
The first epsisode in now up on AoD UK site.

Though I do notice, the other three TBS series that they delayed ( Chunibyo, HS x H & Busou Shinki ) aren’t up yet, but it still might be a good sign that we won’t get too much of a delay.

Harumi Sakurai Replaces Masako Joh for To Love-Ru Darkness Role

posted on 2012-10-15 14:05 EDT
Character Ryōko Mikado’s actress goes on maternity leave

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

To Love Ru Darkness Coming to Anime Network Online this Week

HOUSTON, TX — October 17, 2012 — Anime Network is pleased to announce the upcoming online release of To loveru Darkness this week on Anime Network Online.

SCHEDULE
To loveru Darkness
The first 3 episodes of the series will be available at the following times:

Episode 1 - Thursday October 18, 2012 @ 10:00 AM CDT
Episode 2 - Friday October 19, 2012 @ 10:00 AM CDT
Episode 3- Saturday October 20, 2012 @ 10:00 AM CDT
…episodes 4 and onwards will air on Saturdays at 10:00 AM Central

ABOUT THE SHOW
When junior princesses Nana and Momo transfer into Earth School where big sister Lala can keep an eye on them, things SHOULD be smooth sailing. In addition to sister drama, Yami, the Golden Darkness, enters the scene with all the subtleness of a supernova, along with an army of possessed high school students! All of which is certain to make Rito’s life suck more than a black hole at the family picnic. Unless, of course, a certain semi-demonic princess will open a can of Develukean Whoop Ass! It’s “Wham, bam, thank you, Space Ma’am” time once again in To loveru Darkness!

ABOUT ANIME NETWORK
Celebrating its 10th year, Anime Network is a leading broadcast and digital distributor of Japanese animation and Asian cinema in North America. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Anime Network was founded in 2002 and launched as one of the first VOD networks on most major cable providers. Anime Network’s mission is to bring the best in anime programming to every household in North America. In addition to our VOD network, consumers can access our Online Streaming Service on our official website. This dynamic website, featuring an ever growing anime community, includes a subscription service that mirrors the VOD network and allows viewers to catch up on episodes they may have missed on broadcast.
www.theanimenetwork.com

Nice, everyone else that had an episode leaked had to wait a long time before they could stream the anime. Anime Network only had to wait two weeks. mwah ha ha ha

Well, there was a big difference here. It wasn’t so much ‘let leaked’ as someone, somewhere, gave a bad 'oh yeah, you can show at x time."

Since it all had a legit release, I would be more surprised if TAN was punished in any way shape or form. You can’t punish a company for doing exactly what you told them to do. The delay here was mainly and double checking the procedure for the time release.

To Love Ru Darkness Episode 1 is live at ANO

To Love Ru Darkness Episode 2 is live at TAN

So, I’d like to buy this when it comes out. Is Sentai gonna fix all the grammar and translation mistakes? There is quite a few of them.

I really couldn’t help but laugh when I read that comment. Ha! But what translation mistakes did you find, and how fluent are you in Japanese?