To Love Ru

TAN is only up to #2 so a few more weeks before I see it.

Episode 2 was really funny and looks like this series will be added to my buy list.

1 Like

Episode 2 -

spoiler

Rito wakes up next to a naked Lala and freaks out. His sister, Mikan, walks in and gets an eyeful. Misunderstanding the situation, she apologizes for interrupting them and leaves the room. Once, Lala is dressed, Rito wants to know why she snuck into the house and slept naked in his bed. Lala explains that Peke can’t keep her clothed all the time and she was there because they’re engaged. However, when Rito says that he doesn’t remember proposing, a voice says that he’ll explain and Zastin enters through the window.
He stands on Rito’s bed and apologizes for the previous night, saying that he didn’t know about the engagement and that Rito has proposed to Lala in “traditional and formal Deviluke fashion”. Then Lala says – “you touched my breasts, stared passionately into my eyes, and told me you loved me”. Rito tries to explain the misunderstanding and Zastin takes offense, drawing his sword. He says that touching Lala’s breasts if he doesn’t like her is the same thing as declaring war with Deviluke. Rito tries to explain that it was an accident, but Zastin says if it were a mistake and the King found out, he would destroy Earth without leaving a trace.
Lala says that Rito isn’t so irresponsible and Zastin says that by marrying Lala, he becomes the heir to the royal family and will take control of the numerous planets that the King now rules. He says that it isn’t for the weak and tells Rito to do his best. Poor Rito thinks that it’s all just too much and then hears his sister’s voice saying that he’ll be late for school. A curious Lala says “school?” I can only guess what happens with that comment!
Once Rito is at school, he decides that he needs to clear things up with Haruna, but when he sees her, she just walks right past him with no acknowledgement. Rito goes over his problem and decides that he really does need to speak with Haruna and follows her after class, but she goes into the girl’s locker room. Lala shows up and causes quite a commotion, especially among the boys. She tells Rito that she wanted to see what school was like and the rest of the boys start asking Rito about her. But Lala answers them, saying that she is Rito’s “bride” and I’m not sure why, but the boys take offense at this and decide to beat him up, so Rito and Lala run away.
I feel really bad for Haruna too. As she’s changing in the locker room, she is thinking about Rito and the words he said. She looks like she wishes they were for her. So, she likes him too! Haruna wonders who the girl was and looks very sad.
Since the boys chase Rito and Lala into a dead end, Lala uses “Mister Warp Jump” and Rito’s clothes get left behind. He soon finds out that Lala can’t control the warp destination and that only a living body can warp. So, they end up naked inside a locker in – yup, you guessed it – the girl’s locker room. They fall out of the locker and tumble to the floor in an awkward position – yup, you guessed it again – right in front of Haruna! She wonders what they’re doing there and Rito gets up to explain, but I guess the best thing to do when a naked boy approaches you, is to slap his face!
Once Rito and Lala get home, he finds Zastin having tea with his sister. Zastin says that since he’ll be around, he thought he may as well introduce himself to the family. His manners are impeccable and everyone seems to be getting along nicely. Rito is still worried about the whole situation and decides he can’t let it continue. He talks to Zastin privately about breaking the engagement, but when an angry Zastin draws his sword, Rito claims it’s only a “hypothetical” question. He finds out that the engagement has a “cooling off” period and that the “cleaning-off procedure” has to be done within three days. Rito asks how – hypothetically of course – and finds out that all he has to do is touch Lala’s breasts again and declare a breaking of the engagement.
Rito decides that he must do it for Haruna’s sake and gets a perfect opportunity later, when Lala is playing a video game. He sneaks up to her and just when he’s going to grab her, Zastin interrupts to say that he is going back to the ship. Mikan looks as if things might not be as they seem. When Lala is in the shower, Rito thinks he has another perfect opportunity and opens the door to come face to face with Peke, who accuses him of “peeping”. Lala and Mikan are later sitting together in the living room when Rito announces that he is going to bed. Lala says that she will sleep with him and Mikan asks him what he’s planning. She tells him to do things properly and not hurt Lala, but Rito protests that he isn’t going to do anything. I loved when Mikan said that he didn’t have the guts anyway and then invited Lala to sleep in her room, telling her that it was cleaner than Rito’s.
However, once again, Rito wakes up next to a naked Lala and once again thinks he has the perfect opportunity to break the engagement. He slowly reaches out and thinks he has a breast in his hand, only to find that it is really Peke and he throws it across the room, waking Lala. He keeps trying though, but things mysteriously prevent him from touching her. In the living room again, a potted cactus falls on his head and out on the balcony a pan falls on his head. I’d like to know who’s doing this! Then outside Rito gets hit by a passing car. I guess fate is just against him.
With only a little time left, Rito invites Lala outside to talk and as they sit on the riverbank, he brings up the subject of the engagement. Lala tells him how happy she is, that she was always forced to go to marriage meetings and how hard it is to be royalty and honor one’s duty. She says that no one had ever listened to her or tried to understand her feelings besides Peke and Rito asks her if that’s why she ran away. Lala says that’s where Rito is different – when she came out of nowhere, he listened to her story, believed it and protected her. She thanks him and asks what he wanted to tell her, but before he can decide what to do his time is up and he faints!
The next day, Rito leaves for school with Zastin and the two men in black cheering his engagement. Does Zastin have to wear his armor all the time? The other guys fit in a little better by wearing regular suits, why can’t he wear one too? Now I wonder what he looks like without the armor! Anyway, Rito’s response to the cheering is that they will bother the neighbors, but he still gets a big send off, poor kid.
At school, he thinks that ever since Lala came into his life, he can’t relax and that school is the one place where he can get some peace of mind. He tells himself that he can’t worry and maybe things will work themselves out. He still has to explain to Haruna, but he can take his time there. Then the teacher announces a new transfer student – Lala!! I think his world just crumbled a little more! :laughing: :

1 Like

Have to wonder what sort of a world Deviluke is at this point
 lol

1 Like

i couldnt think of a better way to end ep 3. lol

anyone else thinkin the same thing?

yoka

1 Like

After watching the first episode, I found the show to be quite entertaining and humorous. And I think I can relate to Rito in various ways lol.

Looks like I will be taking up this series :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far the series is good. well more than good, funny and entertaining. I also want to know more about Deviluke
lets go visit!

1 Like

This series on the other hand, I’m quite enjoying.
I’ll have wait and see how it ends up, but just from these first few episodes, it’s probably going on my buy list.

1 Like

when will they ever say what they feel like to each other :huh:

1 Like

It’s called “romantic (or sexual) tension”
 It’s an old but reliable plot device. When you lose it you get “Moonlighting”.

1 Like

And when it drags on for 10 years, you get InuYasha! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just had to laugh at these answers! But both are correct in my book! :laughing:
Most viewers tend to lose interest in a show - any type of show - that resolves the question too quickly. The fun lies in the “will they or won’t they” tension that keeps people coming back for more.

1 Like

hahaa, that is the only thing that made me want to punch InuYasha in the face. At least Miroku just wanted to sleep with everyone.

1 Like

I agree :laughing:
Just when I thought he had the confidence to talk to Haruna, that happened haha. Liking the series so far, it has some very funny moments

1 Like

Episode 3 -

spoiler

So, Lala has transferred to Rito’s class to be near him all the time! There goes his only peace! And now to keep the fact that she’s an alien secret. Rito doesn’t want her to do anything to attract attention to herself, so you know the exact opposite is going to happen – and it does! And right off, how come no one notices her tail?
Well, in art class, she draws an alien. When she plays ball, she pitches a super speed ball. And in the girl’s locker room, all the girls remark on her large breasts. Poor Rito has to deal with the other boy’s envy every time Lala gets close to him. He tells her that she is just too conspicuous.
Haruna looks a little down, thinking about Rito and Lala and sees Rito in the hall. She stops him, but he is thinking of how to deal with Lala and is a bit abrupt with her, until he realizes it’s her. Then he gets all flustered and they go somewhere to talk. So, there they are and neither one of them is talking. Rito knows he needs to explain to her about Lala, but when he mentions her, Haruna says they make a great pair and his world crumbles even more. Of course, that is the exact moment that Lala comes along looking for Rito so they can go home together.
When he gets home with Lala, he is still depressed over Haruna and what she said. Lala and his sister can’t figure out why he’s down and Mikan suggests they go out the next day to show Lala the Earth. They think this will cheer him up. The next day, Lala makes a spectacle of herself, of course – and her outfit isn’t helping. They ask Peke to change her outfit into something more normal, but all the outfits Lala picks are pretty ridiculous. She finally changes to a somewhat normal dress that is really cute and they have a fun day. Rito even gets Lala a stuffed animal that she wants which has to be one of the worst even made, but Lala thinks it’s cute.
As they walk along, Lala’s clothes begin to disappear. It seems Peke spent too much energy on her costume changes and now Lala will be completely naked in three minutes! Rito grabs her hand and runs, thinking of where to hide her, but her clothes are disintegrating very quickly and all the guys on the street are getting excited to see her. Mikan calls them into a store and they manage to throw Lala into a dressing room just in time. And there’s Haruna in the store watching them!
Once they get Lala some clothes, they all have a cool drink together as Mikan explains to Haruna that Lala just returned from abroad and they’ve been showing her around. Rito is still worried about the impression that Haruna is getting and can’t even look at her. Then Lala sees a sign for an aquarium and is eager to go see it. They decide to go and Mikan invites Haruna to go with them.
Lala is worse than a little kid, going crazy over all the fish. Lala runs off to explore and Rito apologizes to Haruna for dragging her along, but Haruna apologizes for being in the way. Rito reassures her and Mikan can see exactly what is going on and thinks that Rito has a real mess on his hands. She goes off to look for Lala in order to leave the two of the alone. Rito is very nervous to be alone with her and then Haruna grabs his arm.
Lala is lost and somehow ends up behinds the scenes. She doesn’t think the fish have enough energy and gives them “Berserker DX for Deviluke’s warriors” and the fish go crazy, even jumping out of the tank. A worker tells her that the fish will die without water and Lala calls up one of her crazy inventions – “Mr. Water Elephant” with a never ending supply of water. The area floods and Lala wants to swim with the fish, but the worker tells her that she can’t with her clothes on. As he strips down to a speedo, he tells her to do the same. She does and dives into the tank naked – now why did he let her do that? She is having fun with the fish, but then a shark comes up behind her.
Meanwhile, Haruna releases Rito’s arm to tell him something. She says that he is kind and he and Lala do make a great pair “but” – is she going to confess? Will Rito confess too? Water starts to flood the hallway and everyone gets caught up in it – especially the very happy worker that was just with Lala. As Rito just manages to say “I lo
", the flood comes towards them, headed by a naked Lala riding a shark and laughing – she is having a really great time! Haruna seems embarrassed that Lala is naked, but Rito says it isn’t important as he grabs her hand and tries to outrun the flood. Funny the way the water erupted from the whole building!
As the four of them later walk home (& how did Lala find her clothes anyway?), Rito thought he was going to die, but Lala had fun. Mikan asks Haruna if she had fun and Rito and Haruna exchange a look before she answers that she did. The next day Rito feels much better about his situation with Haruna, but doesn’t want to jinx things. As he and Lala walk to school, Haruna meets them and bushes as she greets Rito. Now for the jinx! Rito runs over to her and trips. His face lands in Haruna’s breasts, knocking her down, and he ends up with his nose right between her legs! He tries to apologize, but Haruna slaps him into a wall and runs away. Poor Rito!

1 Like

this is an awsome anime but you keep wondering WHEN will they tell each other
 if you havent watched the whole series yet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I see now why you said that and I might even agree with you! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Episode 4 -

spoiler

Poor Rito is still getting grief from both Lala and the boys at school. Funny that Lala is so fascinated by food and talks about it constantly. And finally! A girl in her class asks Lala about her tail, but Lala doesn’t really explain it. I’m just glad someone finally noticed it. Even Zastin is now showing up at school. I just love how he “beams” in and out all the time. And the more Rito hears about his future as King – waging constant interplanetary wars – the more he hates the thought. Funny how Zastin keeps calling him “groom to be” and has him scared enough to think that his “future” will consist mostly of dying on the battlefield.
Zastin even shows up at dinner and adds his opinion to Lala’s regarding the delicious food – which makes me wonder what the food is like on Deviluke – as does Rito and Mikan. Lala offers to cook for them, but she asks for some really strange ingredients. I just love the pink fridge and cabinets. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a color in a kitchen before! While Zastin rummages in the fridge for “similar” ingredients, Mikan has Lala wear an apron over her clothes and explains its purpose. Once Zastin comes up with the ingredients, I’m a little concerned when Lala says that she’ll “try” to make something – TRY? Of course the kitchen explodes – figures! And Lala has made what looks like a living, fizzing, color changing jello with an eyeball in the middle. Funny that it kept moving away from Rito’s spoon too, but he’s finally able to get some. He bravely tastes it (I wouldn’t!) and passes out. He thinks he’s dead, but Haruna calls him back and when he wakes up in the kitchen, he thinks it was a dream – until he sees the jello monster under the table!
Zastin blames the ingredients, but Lala admits it’s the first time she’s ever cooked and Rito sees a light at the end of the tunnel! He jumps up and declares that he’ll never marry a bad cook. Zastin defends Lala and says that their meals will be prepared by the palace cooks, but Rito wants “the girl he loves” to cook for him and says that the meals must be good, so he tells Lala if she “can’t do that, then go back to Plant Deviluke!” A very upset Lala runs out of the house and flies away, with Zastin following after her. Mikan is mad at Rito, but he claims that he only told the truth. He later regrets hurting Lala’s feelings but thinks it’s for the best.
Rito wakes up alone the next morning and thinks things are “peaceful” but it looks as if he misses Lala. Mikan is still mad at him when he goes to breakfast and berates him. Rito even seems lonely at school, but still tries to convince himself that he did the right thing. However, he doesn’t think it was really “goodbye” and of course that is when Lala bursts into the classroom, calling his name and telling him that she is “prepared”. She drags him out of the class, as the jealous boys watch, and Haruna goes after them.
Rito tries to explain to Lala that he isn’t a warrior and that’s why he did what he did, but Lala simply tells him that if he doesn’t want to wage war, he doesn’t have to – that’s what the military is for. She says that her own father doesn’t even go to war himself anymore and that Rito doesn’t have to worry because they will be living on Earth. She even twisted around his words the night before to mean that he loves her and wants to eat her cooking. Rito even looks a little flattered that Lala went through the trouble of gathering the right ingredients and now wants to cook for him, but he has a heart attack when Lala changes into an apron – and nothing else! I don’t know why he’s so upset. He’s seen her in much less on more than one occasion!
Rito reminds Lala that aprons are meant to be worn over clothes, so she accommodates him by having what looks like a bikini appear under the apron, which doesn’t make much difference anyway, but seems to satisfy Rito. Lala has all of her ingredients frozen and stored in another invention of hers – “Mr. Cold Container” – but they look weird. Haruna has been searching for them and when she finds them, Lala tells her that she’s cooking for Rito because he wants to “eat food made by the girl he loves” which makes Haruna look sad. Rito tries to explain away another misunderstanding, but then has to placate Lala when she questions the “wrong idea” and Haruna interrupts him to ask about the tentacle making its way out of “Mr. Cold Container”. Lala questions why it isn’t frozen and as Rito says that another invention has failed Haruna faints. The “Giant Andromeda Octopus” picks her up and begins to grope her as Rito hits it with a stool, telling the “perverted octopus” to let Haruna go, but it grabs Rito too and starts to grope Lala, picking her up as well.
Then it’s Zastin to the rescue! Well almost. He crashes through the window to save the day, but instead gets attacked by another “ingredient” from the cooler – a “Giant Centaur Squid” that tells Zastin he loves him before blinding him with ink. It looks like the squid would like a shot at the girls too, but the octopus offers it Rito instead and he gets thrown to the floor as they begin to fight over the girls. Haruna wakes up just in time to faint again, and just when it looks as if Zastin is ready to get back into the action, another “ingredient” attacks – the “Giant Magellan Lobster” – and joins in the fight for the girls. But there are plenty of other “ingredients” to deal with and as they all end up on the roof, Rito screams that it’s “worse than waging interplanetary war!”
Now, I wonder how they are going to get this mess all cleaned up and explain it to everyone!

1 Like

Episode 5 -

spoiler

Another of Lala’s wonderful inventions – “Mr. Bow-Wow Doggy” – “a portable guard dog machine that would bite anyone suspicious” just happens to bite Lala’s shirt off which just happens to expose her breasts. Rito tries to protect her from the ogling boys. He is just so noble!
Lala has come to the attention of Saki Tenhouin, the rich, “popular” girl of the school and she is getting jealous of the fact that attention is being taken away from her by Lala. She thinks Lala is “challenging” her and Lala probably doesn’t even know the girl exists! And Saki has Greta’s laugh (from Snow Fairy Sugar)!
Saki decides to hold a “Miss Sainan” contest and invites Lala to compete against her. However, Lala’s “dog” ate the note. I wonder if she can use this dog as an excuse for not doing homework – “the dog ate it!” In any case, Lala does not show up for the competition and Saki, in her cute bikini, thinks she may have won by default. But then she hears some boys in the audience say that they want to see Lala in a swimsuit and sends her lackeys to beat them up.
Still not satisfied, Saki hears that Rito is Lala’s fiancĂ© and decides to use him. She has a really interesting way of getting him up to the stage too. Saki makes an announcement and tells Lala to come to the stage or she will seduce Rito. The boys in the audience are even more jealous of him now! Well, Rito’s only worry is that Haruna is watching all this. Just as Saki is about to “seduce” Rito, Lala shows up. But she is only chasing the dog and Zastin is chasing after her and Rito ends up in another embarrassing position.
Saki is angry that Lala made a fool of her and verbally attacks her, causing the dog to go after Saki and conveniently rip her bikini to shreds. Saki runs off with her lackeys following and Lala looks utterly clueless. Saki wants revenge and later finds out that Lala has a big secret. She vows to discover what it is and expose it. Saki and her girls spy on Lala’s house, but there are all kinds of security traps in the yard – and yes! – one of them has tentacles too!
The other girls, Aya and Rin, run off and leave Saki behind. As Saki tries to escape from the tentacles, she falls into a hole and ends up in Lala’s room. She hides when Lala comes in, hoping to learn her secret. Saki doesn’t notice her tail either? I would think that’s a pretty big secret right there! Saki tries to get into a better position and presses a hidden button accidentally. The room turns into an escape capsule and takes off!
Saki panics as Zastin takes off after them and Rito has a fit that no one told him about the modifications to the house. Lala finds the control panel and ends up firing missiles at her rescuers. Lala presses another button on the panel and the capsule goes faster, causing Saki to almost fall out of the open sliding door. She does lose her grip and falls, but Lala jumps out to save her. Saki is impressed by this, but doesn’t she notice that Lala is flying? Saki passes out and wakes up naked in the middle of town with drooling men surrounding her and “Mr. Bow-Wow Doggy” eating her clothes. She runs off again and promises to “get” Lala. And poor Lala is just flying around, trying to remember where she dropped Saki.

1 Like

I’m am episode or two ahead of you.

the ep where Rin (Ran?) turns up, is funny
 he needs to be manly in Lala’s eyes to win her back/away from Rito
 but isn’t sure how quite to do that. Which leads him to the movies, where “Pocky 4” is playing
 and that inspires him to a new way to become manly. So somehow in the middle of doing all the training from Rocky 1, he’s doing the fence painting bit from The Karate Kid
 and of course there’s a take on the running up the stairs scene, too (I’m sure if I knew my Japan landmarks better I’d recognize it as a real place). But he goes through all that trouble only to sneeze and blow it completely at the end.

1 Like

Ep. 7

Talk about a funny episode. A new character comes to marry Lala. Poor Ren she did not even remember him and she sure tormented him as a kid. I got a big laugh out of the training montage. I needed that laugh. I highly approve of the video substitutions that were made. The ending was the best. Can’t call a girl manly.

1 Like