To Love Ru

To Love Ru has a special place in my heart. It was the first series I saw on ANOD back in the day.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it too!

2 Likes
Stuff

Wonder if they will release it as a a complete series pbs with the new dub or as a separate release again ?

2 Likes

Probably as a separate seasons release with all of Darkness at the end, Iā€™d bet. The Big Question is, Did they go back and get the OVAs, which would motivate a few of the sub only watchers to double dip

1 Like

Wierder things have happened. Remember, they did rehire all the original voice cast for K-ON season 2, and got Christine Marie Cabanos back as Squid Girl, on top of getting the Ura-On Shorts for the K-ON PBS.

This is Sentai Filmworks we are talking about after all :wink:

If youā€™ll note, it might be a PBS, just like the K-ON! Release

1 Like

(Click for video)

Sentai Filmworks Announces English Dub for To Love-Ru Anime

posted on 2018-12-04 15:05 EST by Karen Ressler

4 Likes

Now to ponder the dub cast :thinking:

EDIT

Another thing Iā€™m wondering about is how will they go about Yamiā€™s name?

The subtitles go back and forth between Darkness and Yami, so I wonder which the dub will keep. Really hoping they keep it as Yami though :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Iā€™m so looking up for the dub

1 Like

For anyone who wants the Complete Collection Subbed version, RightStuf just got a (I guess the last?) shipment in stock.

On sale for $54.49, so it does include free shipping.

Edit

Completely gone now.

Even if itā€™s just a little bit of hope, found something interesting in the description of this eBay listing:

For anyone who doesnā€™t want to bother looking through it, this official Japanese set includes all 6 manga OVAs from the original series!

Good news is I have it on fire stickā€¦
Bad news itā€™s not working!!!

Whatā€™s not working? The Firestick or the streaming service youā€™re using to watch anime?

The firesticks is but they arenā€™t any sources for To Love Ru.

Been watching Prisma Illya again, and was just thinking that Shelley Caline-Black would be an excellent selection as Saki Tenjouin.

I mean she has a great ā€œhorse laughā€ which is Sakiā€™s trademark, as well as typically having roles as ā€œsophisticatedā€ blonde-haired ladies. :thinking:

@Sarahviola

Have you downloaded and signed up for the HIDIVE app on the Firestick? Thatā€™s where itā€™s playing.

2 Likes

no but is it free

@Sarahviola

All 4 seasons of To Love Ru are also on Crunchyroll which should on the Fire stick for free, abit seasons 3 and 4 aka Darkness and Darkness 2nd are censored.

You have to have a Crunchyroll membership (a regular membership is free btw) to access it as they have it listed as a mature series.

1 Like
2 Likes

Please let them call Yami ā€œYamiā€ in the dub and not Darkness :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Thats literally the main thing Iā€™m worried about for this dub. Seriously.

2 Likes