To Love Ru

To Love Ru, EP 1-26 (Sub with Revised Subtitles/Home Video Version), are live at HIDIVE

From episodes 11 and 17 on the HiDive app

1 Like

To Love Ru Manga Volume 10

Ch 80

This chapter is exactly Motto 6C.

Ch 81

This chapter is the majority of Motto 5A, aside from that scene where Zastin picks up Saki’s limo from chapter 59.

Ch 82

A manga exclusive chapter. Rito’s sick, so he takes some medicine that Mikado-sensei gives to him. It has the side effect of turning him into a smooth talking ladies man! :joy:

There’s some REALLY CUTE shots of Yami too! :blush:

Ch 83

The chapter itself is manga exclusive, however the plot was reworked to be part of episode 13. Sainan High hosts their sports festival, sponsored by Saki’s family.

Ch 84

Continuing the manga variant of the sports festival, Rito is the one who gets injured instead of Haruna. Yami joins in on the action as Rito’s replacement!

(Yes. I now really wish we had gotten this version in the anime…)

Ch 85

Word for word, Motto 5B

Ch 86

Another manga exclusive chapter. Yui, after getting fed up with her brother, leaves to go to the store. Her bossy ways get her into some trouble with a couple of punks. Rito rescues her, and her brother beats up the punks who were chasing them.

Ch 87

The first half of Motto 1B. There are a few scenes cut when transitioning to the anime. Yami fights a robot before the remote controlled Rito appears.

Ch 88

The second half of Motto 1B. Almost 100% as it appears in the anime.

Special Bonus Chapter #1

I really can’t believe this. They turned a 3 PAGE OMAKE into the entirety of episode 20! I’m genuinely astonished at this! Like seriously, HOW???

(There always is the possibility I’m incorrect, and there may be more parts in a future volume, but still…)

Number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 4

Total number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 49

2 Likes

To Love Ru, Ep 9 (Dub/Home Video Version), is live at HIDIVE

2 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 11

Ch 89

We start the volume with a manga exclusive chapter. Oshizu gets her “body” this chapter. A dog appears, and she freaks out, losing control of her psychokinesis ability. There’s a really touching scene where Haruna hugs Oshizu to help her calm down. :blush:

Ch 90

Another manga exclusive chapter. A rare alien escapes to earth. The school holds a town beautification rally. The principal makes the girls wear maid outfits!

This specific maid outfit the girls wear is the same one Yami wears in episode 21.

In addition, there’s a pose Rito imagines Haruna making that was turned into a figure of Lala. I don’t want to post an image of it, cause it’s fairly risque, but just search Lala Maid Figure on Google.

Ch 91

The second half of the story from the previous chapter. The alien copies everybody, but reverses their personalities. (I.E. Lala and Haruna hate Rito, Yami delights in perversion! Nosebleed…) Turns out the earth atmosphere made the alien sick.

Ch 92

Well. My heart just melted.

Manga exclusive chapter, and for that I am greatly saddened. Lala invites Yami to hang out. Zastin is wary of her, and when she gives Mikan a taiyaki, he attacks her, thinking it’s a trap. Rito manages to stop the fight, and Lala punches Zastin into next week. Yami says Rito is still her target, and he’s too soft to be protecting the one that will take his life in the future.

Ch 93

This is part of OVA 4, but scenes have been swapped around from manga to anime.

Ch 94

Ch 95

I also must post this here:

nosebleed02

Ch 96

Ch 97

Nana and Momo finaly make a cameo on the final page of this chapter. They were placed all throughout the OVA

Special Bonus Chapter #2

Manga exclusive chapter.

The gang visits the bath house from chapter 87/88. Ren argues with Rito, then sneezes, turning into Run. She doesn’t mind being in the men’s bath, as long as Rito is with her! :joy:

Number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 4

Total number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 53

2 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 12

Ch 98

I also must mention that this makes it the largest amount of manga chapters translated into a single anime episode so far, with 6 chapters total. The second place would be a tie between episode 11 (Yami’s episode) and episode 17 (Oshizu’s episode) with 4 chapters each.

Ch 99

A manga exclusive chapter. Pretty much the in world aftermath of the events of the past 6 chapters. A couple very touching interactions between Rito and Haruna, and Rito and Lala. :blush:

Ch 100

Word for word, the first part of OVA 1

Ch 101

The second part of OVA 1

Ch 102

The final part of OVA 1

Ch 103

Another manga exclusive chapter, however the premise of Run becoming an idol to get Rito’s attention is used in episode 16.

After going through some data, I’m really curious if this is a Cart before the Horse scenario. According to my research, this episode originally aired on July 19th 2008. There is a slight problem, as this specific volume wasn’t released until January 2009, meaning that the Run being an idol plot could have been anime original first!

Ch 104

Manga exclusive once again. Mikan gets sick. Rito and Lala try to take care of her. Disaster happens.

Some scenes from this chapter were reworked for OVA #2

Ch 105

This one is Motto 4B

Ch 106

Another chapter translated to a Motto episode. This time it’s 3C!

Special Bonus Chapter #3

This Omake chapter was used alongside chapters 43 and 44 for Motto 8B

Total number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 3

Number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 56

2 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 13

Ch 107

Wow! That’s kinda impressive! This is the other half of Motto 1C! Xebec took 2 chapters that were literally 4 volumes apart, and flawlessly combined them into one story!

(For recollection, the other chapter is #74)

Ch 108

Motto 4C. An exact transfer, aside from Celine still being in her plant form.

Ch 109

The third chapter in a row used for a Motto episode! This time it’s 3B.

One note. The joke at the end where Run crashes into Rito, sneezes, and Ren’s “ahem” is right in front of Rito is exclusive to the anime! That still happens kinda, but Rito doesn’t get a face full of it!

+10 points to the anime for that one! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ch 110

Manga exclusive chapter. The group go to another summer festival. Rito is targeted by a new assassin. Yami intervenes.

This chapter features YAMI IN A YUKATA!!!

(Also, while none of this happens in the anime, there is a clip of all the girls at a festival during the ED of Motto.)

Ch 111

Continuing the story from the last chapter, Yami tries to lead the assassin away from bystanders. She then gets caught in a trap while trying to save Rito :sob:

Lacospo returns!

Ch 112

The final part of this manga exclusive story. Yami uses her hair to imitate the assassin’s string, and clobbers him. Momo catches him in a man eating plant. Lacospo then gets beaten by Nana and her Jiro-snake.

Disappointed this story didn’t make it into the anime…
So many scenes where Yami is simultaneously badass and adorable!!!
:sob::sob::sob:

Ch 113

This is the first half of Motto 6A.

Ch 114

This is the second half of Motto 6A

Note: On the character introduction page for Nana and Momo, Saki Hasemi mentions he wanted to make Yami have a twin sister before she was introduced, but that idea was left on the back burner. That means Mea’s draft was in the original planning stage for the OG TLR series! :scream:

Ch 115

This is used as part of Motto 8A, however I am uncertain if that is an amalgamated episode (like Motto 1C), or if half the episode is anime exclusive.

Special Bonus Chapter #4

It’s literally the principal being a perv to his students. I genuinely can’t tell if this specifically was used in an episode due to the fact that’s how the principal always acts :joy:

I’m gonna say it was used just to be safe.

Number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 3

Total number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 59

2 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 14

Ch 116

This is part of Motto 11C

Ch 117

Just as last chapter, this is part of Motto 11C

Ch 118

This is the third part of Motto 11C, and the start of Motto 12A

Ch 119

This is a manga exclusive chapter that was reworked into the start of Motto 12A.

Haruna tells Lala how she feels about Rito, and the girls have a discussion.

Ch 120

Word for word, Motto 3A.

Ch 121

This is OVA 6B (as OVA #6 follows in the multiple stories per episode format as Motto does).

Ch 122

Manga exclusive chapter. Some of the dialogue is used in Motto 12A

Nana and Momo move in to the Yuki house. Lala tells Haruna to support her own love while supporting Lala’s, and she will do the same.

Ch 123

Exactly Motto 7B

Ch 124

A manga exclusive storyline! (This is the only chapter this volume however…)

Mikan finds Celine is sick, and Momo mentions it’s a disease called wither-leaf. The entire group charter Yami’s spaceship to try to find a rare medicine to save Celine!

(To be continued in volume 15…)

Special Bonus Chapter #5

IT’S LITERALLY A FULL PAGE OF FANSERVICE!!!

Saruyama dreaming about Riko giving him Valentine’s chocolates happens in Motto 5C

Number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 3

Total number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 62

2 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 15

Ch 125

Chapter 2 of the Save Celine arc. The group get to planet Mistwa, and get attacked by some of the plants there. Lala loses her strength, and Yami loses her trans ability! Rito and Lala get separated from the rest of the group!

This chapter is where Momo starts to get feelings towards Rito BTW.

Interesting Black Cat fanservice: Yami’s ship is called the Lunatique!

Ch 126

Part 3 of the save Celine arc. Yami’s power is revealed to be the use of nanomachines, as like Eve from Black Cat.

The plants capture Yami and Nana, and Momo says it’s time to get serious.

Another note: In this chapter, Yami is simultaneously badass, sexy, and adorable! Seriously!

Ch 127

Part 4 of the save Celine arc. Momo shows her sadistic side towards the evil plants, and saves Yami and Nana. A touching scene between Rito and a weakened Lala made her remember when she was little and her dad saved her :blush:

Ch 128

Part 5 of the save Celine arc. Rito helps save an injured plant, and gets attacked by a different plant monster. The plant that Rito helped save was the tree that produced the fruit they were looking for. Lala eats a piece and gets her strength back and defeats the monster plant. Upon returning to earth, the group find Celine wilted. Momo mentions that even with wither-leaf, it shouldn’t have killed Celine that fast. Then the human-form Celine pops out of the bud of her plant-form body.

Ch 129

A condensed version of Motto 10A

Ch 130

This one was directly used for Motto 9A

Ch 131

Another manga exclusive story. Saki runs away from home, because she doesn’t want to leave Japan. She ends up at the Yuki household.

Ch 132

Continuing the story from the last chapter, Aya and Rin come to collect Saki. Lala helps give Saki the advice to stand up to her father.

Ch 133

Another manga exclusive chapter. Momo and Nana make another virtual reality game.

Number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 7

Total number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 69

2 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 16

Ch 134

The continuation of the story from chapter 133.

Rito appears in Initial D, and Lala and Yami are shown in Black Cat! :joy::joy::joy:

Screenshot_20200526-235254

Ch 135

The final part of this mini arc. Haruna and Rito get warped into a simulation of a wedding. Saruyama is actually the one who wins the game in the end. His prize is a massive turtle :joy:

Ch 136

This chapter is used as the first half of Motto 5C

Ch 137

The second half of Motto 5C. An interesting plot point is that Haruna admitted her feelings about Rito to Lala before this chapter in the manga, so it’s actually cuter that both girls worked hard on the chocolate with the knowledge that the other had affections for the same person :blush:

Ch 138

Manga exclusive chapter. Rito walks in on Yami trying on Milan’s clothes. As he’s running for his life, he gets zapped by gender swap kun, turning into Riko, and then starts being chased by the principal! :rofl:

Kotegawa’s brother saves him, and suddenly the gender swap effect wears off. Yami catches up to him, and he accidentally faceplants right into her chest. Rito’s (and Kotegawa’s brother’s, cause he hit on her) death ensues :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ch 139

This chapter is Motto 8C.

Also, I think I’m dead now. @LadyOfWicca or @Psychopuppet, can you please check my pulse?

Ch 140

A manga exclusive chapter. Run tries to get at Lala again, this time using a sadist spray. Thanks to the principal, she misses, and hits Haruna with it instead. Sadist Haruna causes chaos the rest of the day :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Another very peculiar note: Saruyama is depicted as somewhat of a masochist all the way back in episode 6 of season 1. This makes that specific tangent an anime trait that was adapted to the manga!

Ch 141

This one is the basis of OVA #5, however I believe they rewrote Celine’s affection pollen into the second half of it :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Ch 142

Word for word, this one is OVA 6A

Total number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 4

Number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 73

2 Likes

@MaouSadao got me curious so .

4 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 17

Ch 143

This one is exactly OVA 6C

Ch 144

Manga exclusive chapter. Zastin gets possessed by a ghost. Oshizu saves him.

Ch 145

Another manga exclusive chapter. Peke transforms into a human form who is noticed by Yami and Milan. An outer space fashion model tries to kidnap him, and erase his memories. Yami and Rito rescue him. A really touching chapter too :blush:

Ch 146

This one is Motto 2A.

Ch 147

Mainly Motto 10B, however the ending where Risa was upset because she wanted to go further with Rito is anime original.

Ch 148

Manga exclusive chapter here. Saki invites everyone to her private resort (a different one than from Motto 6A). Fanservice ensues :rofl:

A black cat keeps following Yami, and on the final page it appears that Saki’s butler has been shot!

Ch 149

Continuing the story from the last chapter, Saki’s butler has been killed, and the entire group is stranded on the island with no communication or way out! The assassin is someone from Yami’s past, and he still hasn’t completed his job!!! :scream:

Yami is super badass this chapter! She outmaneuvers a bullet!

Lots of Black Cat fanservice this chapter. Yami is called “Doctor Lunatique’s creation”, the assassin’s design is based on Train Heartbeat, but he’s called Kuro, and him and Yami have met in the past!

Ch 150

Part 3 of the story started in 148. More of Yami’s backstory is revealed. The Deviluke sisters say they will protect everyone, then Kuro appears. He then aims his gun towards Lala!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream:

Ch 151

The final part of this story. It turns out that an alien with camouflage expertise infiltrated Saki’s resort to hide from Kuro, and to get him to fight the Deviluke sisters and Yami. He’s defeated, but before Kuro kills him, Yami intervenes. He agrees to not kill the alien, but tells Yami she owes him one.

There is just an adorable pic of Yami on the final page! :blush::blush::blush:

There’s a little bonus story here, from Yami’s inner thoughts. SQUEE!!! IT’S PRECIOUS!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Ch 152

This one is directly the first half of Motto 9B

Total number of manga exclusive chapters this volume: 6

Number of manga exclusive chapters so far: 79

2 Likes

To Love Ru, Ep 10 (Dub/Home Video Version), is live at HIDIVE

3 Likes

To Love Ru Manga Volume 18

I can’t believe it. 2 weeks. It only took me 2 weeks to read 17 of the 18 volumes of the OG TLR manga. What a subarashi time it’s been!

Will start on the final volume in just a little bit.

Ch 153

The second half of Motto 9B. I must say, an alternate title for this chapter is PURE FANSERVICE!!! :joy:

Ch 154

This one is Motto 9C. Pure and simple!

Ch 155

An exact transcription of Motto 10C

There’s also a VERY NSFW after chapter pic of Yami.

nosebleed02

Ch 156

Okay. Here is another amalgamated chapter. This one is used towards the second half of Motto 8A, alongside chapter 115!

Ch 157

Exactly Motto 11A.

Ch 158

This is word for word Motto 11B.

YAMI BLUSHING.

YAMI SMILING

YAMI ACTING CUTESY!!

AUGH! MY HEART!!!

I really need to hear Katelyn in this episode…

Ch 159

This chapter is the remainder of Motto 12A, and the start of Motto 12B.

Ch 160

This is the first half of Motto 12B

Ch 161

This is the second half of Motto 12B

Ch 162

The final part of the final episode of Motto To Love Ru. Episode 12C.

However, there is one last chapter that did not make it into English print.

Ch 162.5

The final manga exclusive chapter. Rito is in the bath, and he thinks back about all the girls. Mikan catches him flustered in the tub.

It’s pretty much a fanservice screen cap.

Total manga exclusive chapters this volume: 1 (but only in the Japanese digital release, I think)

Number of manga exclusive chapters total: 80 (out of 168!)

With my final tally, that equates to just under half of the Original TLR manga series never making it to anime form!

That was just a wonderful read, and to anyone who put up with my ramblings:

Thank you! :blush:

However I am not done with my research. With all the notes I’ve collected, I am going to attempt to separate what is filler in the Original 26 episode long To Love Ru anime. I will not be noting any of the Motto episodes, as every single episode of Motto has a correlating manga chapter (or chapters!)

It should be easier than it sounds (at least I hope…), as almost all of the material that was used in TLR (aside from Run becoming an Idol (which I still feel was a Cart before the Horse moment) and strangely enough, the Magical Kyouko episode :thinking:) happened within the first 7 volumes.

3 Likes

Threw this in with a order to make sure they used the shrink to a board shipping . I might try to get the Nana and Momo figures to go with my Lala . Momo they are releasing a revised version next year so she should not be to hard to get . Nana I’ll try next month .

3 Likes

Since there’s a nice storm going on right now, guess I’ll start.

To Love Ru S1 Filler content

TLR EP 1 filler
  • The entire opening space battle.
  • Rito finding the destroyed flowerbed, and everyone in his class blaming him for it.
  • Pretty much every attempt Rito tries to ask Haruna out.
  • Rito groping Lala’s busom.
  • Zastin appearing before Lala activates Vacuum-kun
TLR EP 2 filler

About 80% of the episode. The scenes where Lala visits the school, and when she joins Rito’s class are the only manga content in this episode.

TLR EP 3 filler

The entire ending sequence is different. Unlike the chapter this episode is based on, Lala uses Berserker DX on all the fish, and destroys the aquarium in the process.

TLR EP 4 filler

This episode is almost complete filler, aside from one scene where Lala runs away crying after Rito yells at her.

TLR EP 5 filler

Everything except the opening scene where Saki arrives in her limo, and a reworking of a stripped nude Saki being chased by the principal.

TLR EP 6 filler
  • Any of the scenes involving Lala wanting to dissect Rito and Saruyama.
  • Ghi Blee taking the form of the principal
  • All of Ghi Blee’s families.
TLR EP 7 filler
  • Rito seeing Run in men’s clothing
  • Almost every scene after Ren and Rito accidentally kiss, except a reworking of the Ren/Run sneeze transformation.
TLR EP 8 filler
  • The little magnet invention.
  • Yui and the disciplinary committee cracking down on delinquent behavior.
  • Everything involving the Rito is banned from talking to girls plotline.
TLR EP 9 filler

The entire episode

TLR EP 10 filler

The entire episode

TLR EP 11 filler
  • The De-vi-luke scene with Lala, Zastin, and Mikan.
  • Rito meeting Haruna while shopping, and subsequently shopping with her.
  • Zastin falling in a sewer.
  • Rito blocking a shot of Gamaton’s mucous, and punching Lacospo.
TLR EP 12 filler

Full filler episode based on a reworking of chapters 83 and 84.

TLR EP 13 filler

Complete filler episode based on one scene in chapter 48, and somewhat of a reworking of chapter 52.

TLR EP 14 filler
  • The entire episode up to Rito taking a bath at Haruna’s apartment.
  • Rito being the guest in Haruna’s apartment. (Manga was Lala)
  • The scene where Rito and Haruna almost kiss.
TLR EP 15 filler

The entire episode, aside from a reworking of Lala revealing she is an alien, and Rito being chased by a dinosaur. (I know! Crazy right?)

TLR EP 16 filler

Full filler episode, except the plot point of Run becoming an Idol, and the invention Splish Splash Wave-kun.

TLR EP 17 filler
  • Yui trying to knock herself out.
  • Every scene after Oshizu appears.
TLR EP 18 filler

Complete and total filler.

TLR EP 19 filler

Another total filler episode.

TLR EP 20 filler

This whole episode is based on the 3 page omake chapter from manga volume 10. About 95% filler.

TLR EP 21 filler

Another total filler episode, aside from a reworking of Yami wearing a maid outfit.

TLR EP 22 filler
  • Everything involving Yami. (That physically hurt to type…)
TLR EP 23 filler

The entire episode.

TLR EP 24 filler

Everything after the first night of Lala’s cold.

TLR EP 25 filler

The entire episode.

TLR EP 26 filler

The first 90% of the episode, up to the part after Rito reaches the goal.

TLR OVA 1 filler
  • All of the scenes where Riko asks Lala how to turn back into Rito.
  • Riko imagining her life as a girl.
  • Riko’s body changing sizes before Lala activates her revised invention to turn Riko back into Rito.
TLR OVA 2 filler
  • Most of the episode before Mikan runs away
  • Mikan thinking of her and Rito when they were younger.
  • All scenes with Saki.
  • Yami talking with Mikan. (Yes. That hurt my soul to type as well…)
TLR OVA 3 filler

This OVA is an entire filler episode.

TLR OVA 4 filler

The ending scene where Maron and Celine (plant form) help beat the game.

TLR OVA 5 filler

Technically speaking, this is a combination of manga chapter 141, reworked scenes of the twins from chapter 108, and a reworked version of Celine’s affection pollen plot from chapter 129.

As such, the only directly translated from the manga scenes are the opening with Momo in Rito’s bed, and the group at the Cherry blossom viewing (without Momo and Nana in the anime)

TLR OVA 6 filler

The only episode out of the 32 season 1 episodes with no filler content!

2 Likes

Damn @MaouSadao! How the hell did you do that list?

1 Like

Love for a series, and most of my free time for about 2 weeks :joy:

2 Likes

To Love Ru, Ep 11 (Dub/Home Video Version), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like

Typos in Darkness episode 5.

12:00

Their phones are called D-dials.

8:09

It’s Marron, not Malon.

2 Likes

Kinda weird dialogue in episode 6 of Darkness:

7:46

Maybe it would read better as something like:

“That’s right! The girl Run and the boy Ren can switch places controlling their body!”

2 Likes