Trigun

Blah…I got this already, remix version. So it’s a pass.

Oh but wait, it coming out on BD. :ohmy:
And? Um…yeah…blah.:S

So far Sentai and newbie NISA (no, not NASA) are putting out wanted shows, for me at least.
And I don’t have to wait for the Rapture to get them.:stuck_out_tongue:

Got the remix in the LE tins with the little swag items. Bullet necklace in little clothe pouch is awesome. Don’t care for Blu-ray even if I did care don’t have a player. Question now is will they being using the remix masters or the original ones. Remix has a ton of extra’s on the disc alone. Like the proper Openings instead of the same one over and over.

Honestly its like this for me great more people who were to cheap to buy it , did not have the money , or were to young can get it ,but unless something goes wrong with my disc I won’t partake in this. So I guess that is a plus there is a set still out there if mine goes bad.

Trigun deserves to still be on the market ,but there is about 10 plus titles out there that deserve it more.

I still don’t get why people like this show so much. It’s a generic action anime, below average at best. And I’m a madhouse fanboy, so that’s saying something.

Probably for the same reason Cowboy Bebop was such a hit. Both were space westerns, both came out around the same time the whole Star Wars money machine began (the theatrical re-releases of the original three and then the new trilogy) and both were just plain fun.

:pinch: I’ll never understand you

But I’m making perfect sense here. This is just a random action title! Why is this so popular and well loved? Why not some other show? It’s very silly, has a generic plot, and some really annoying characters. If it’s action you want, I could rattle off a list of better titles in the genre. But even the best action titles are still action shows that’s really it. It’s not like they are very deep or anything. So why the love? For the style I guess? “Ohh cool! Look at that!” . Personally I like substance over style. I don’t hate this show, in fact it has it’s moments. But I really don’t understand why everyone went gaga over this.

Tonka DUDE!! I think you gave me the BEST BEST BEST reasoning as to why this is so popular and well respected yet! Props man! I have yet to hear anyone else give me a better reason. NOW I think I’m starting to understand. After studying review after review of this and bebop and trying to figure out WHAT they liked about this, and why they love it so much, your little post there made so much more sense. No joke I watched JO’s review of this and bebop more then a handful of time to try and figure out WHAT is so good about this. But what you said makes the most sense now. I also have come to the conclusion that after years of shounen action/adventure titles, seeing something like this or Cowboy Bebop would blow your mind. Although that’s exactly what happened to me…and it didn’t blow my mind. Shrug

Trigun Film Music Video, Occult Academy TV Ad Streamed

posted on 2010-04-13 13:25 EDT
Trigun: Badlands Rumble opens on April 24, Occult Academy debuts in July

Can’t wait! I loved the original show. Really depressing towards the end of it, good stuff.

Trigun looks and sounds awesome! :slight_smile:

It’s a fun series and well worth watching.

I went to a premier of it, played for Sakuracon last week!!!
Yes, this is before the official release in Japan.

List of no-nos
No jackets
No Phones
no backpacks
No purses (too bad my purse looks perty)
Warnings… if they saw a single person recording the movie would stop immediately.
Also because it was hot off the press, there was no sub or dub. But it mattered little, it was easy to follow and fun as hell!

Now on to the show
It is set back when Wolfwood was still around. This primarily is not a spoiler, because it was already discussed by the director and character designer. Think Bebop movie.

The story easily sets up Vash as his bumbling, yet not actually as bad as he portrays (maybe he is really that good, maybe he is really that goofy) self. Obviously you know when the Stuff hits the fan he is going to be able to pull off some killer moves.
There is a new gal and a new BIG guy who are major parts to the story. They are not from the series.

Vash bumps into both at different times, one at a bank robbery and the other on one of those HUGE land cruisers. Let’s just say they are the catalyst to the story. And the story is solid and to the point, leaving enough room for a action, followed by action set up. Fun if your getting a bit burned out on pretentious shows like myself.

The animation is top notch, and somewhat updated characters, but luckily they did not change the overall “look” of the series. Milly is still the mousy giant gal with a big mini-gun, Meryl is still worried about insurance and Vash, Wolfwood still a bad asz, and Vash is still Lupin mixed with Captain Taylor in a Trench coat. It is still a wasteland world, with a load of ironic humor.

The Music was par for the course. But served it’s job well. Ending credits while tieing up loose ends was a nice touch.

It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Now I really want to see it! Thanks Funkgun!

Something tells me you probably dig the slick well dressed Wolfwood. =D

From the little bit I saw of the series on TV, I do remember liking him a lot. :wink:

And just for fun - this picture was captioned “Jewish Wolfwood”

Interview: Satoshi Nishimura, director of Trigun: Badlands Rumble

by Crystalyn Hodgkins, Apr 22nd 2010

will it have wolfwood in it or will take place after his death…?

Trigun Film Gets North American Theatrical Release

posted on 2011-05-03 16:44 EDT
Film based on Yasuhiro Nightow’s manga to run subbed & dubbed in theaters this summer

Funimation Confirms English Trigun Movie Cast

posted on 2011-05-05 13:30 EDT
Johnny Yong Bosch returns as Vash; other characters recast

Trigun Film’s U.S. Theaters Partially Listed

posted on 2011-06-14 21:33 EDT

Trigun: Badlands Rumble Film’s English Dub Clips Posted

posted on 2011-09-01 15:00 EDT
DVD/BD to ship on September 27 after limited theatrical run