Trivia: Name which ADV title

Well that makes sense at least. Do the other ones make sense, or are they like the Bang Zoom ones that make you go “Hmm…that’s so weird. Wonder why they did that?”

Coffee you made that too easy. :stuck_out_tongue: Let’s see if you know #4 :wink:

Ok let’s reorganize this.

Questions: Name the ADV released titles: (AMG 2 already discussed, doesn’t count in the below)

1. Dub was done in Los Angeles (not Wild Arms or Arc the Lad or Hello Kitty - Hint: Direct ADV license)?
  2. 3 Dubs done in Canada
  3. Which was the other dub not done at an ADV-owned studio and where?
  4. Dub done in Canada but not a traditional ADV license

Your not looking for Hello Kitty are you? lol. Because wasn’t some of ADV’s Hello Kitty stuff dubbed in LA? Also just ganna throw it out there… Medabots. Was that one of them?

Hello Kitty Paradise has a few LA talent, but I’m not sure if it was actually recorded there. Let’s assume it was though, ok other than Hello Kitty also. :stuck_out_tongue: Hehe at this rate we’ll find them all. :wink:

I updated question #3 also (open to all). Other than that 1 Coffee knows about. :wink:

I don’t recognize the voices on that Megabots.

Megabots wasn’t recorded at ADV’s studio too. Although I’m not sure what involvement if any ADV had to do with the dub on that. Samantha Reynolds was in it, and also in Green Green and that was dubbed in LA, so I’m betting this is an LA dub. But who knows? This is going off ANN (cuz I didn’t make it past a few episodes of **Green Green ** )

Megaman - Dubbed in Canada (Ocean Group)

I remember that they had Megaman now! They re-released that like 2 or three years ago. Wasn’t that originally part of their ADV Kids lable or whatever?

Man ADV’s got a lot of these weird little things where they outsourced the dub, now that I think about it/look for them!

Yup Megaman is one of the #3. I also added a question #5 because I want to keep you guys busy. Some of these are kind of unconventional licenses though since ADV picked up other distro stuff rather than directly from Japan and were stuff they weren’t directly involved in.

Does Marine Boy count or was that a license rescue? It has Peter “Speed Racer” Fernandez in it, so it was dubbed in LA I think.

are we including their live action stuff too?

I skipped over them myself, but he does say “ADv released titles”. I didn’t look at the Korean stuff either.

Not sure about Marine Boy, that’s one of the more obscure ADV pick ups and we’d have to assume based on the small cast that it was done in LA, but I’m not sure if it actually does. I updated #2 with a hint to narrow it down. :wink:

Monster Rancher - dubbed in Canada (Ocean Group) - is this the non-traditional one?

Skip the Live Action stuff.

Marine Boy also has actors from Lupin III the 2nd TV series which was dubbed in LA, so I’d bet on L.A. .

But WOW is that a weird title or what. And I thought CPM had some weird stuff (time bokan, time stranger, hammerboy, etc.), but that takes the cake as the oddball title for sure.

Yep that’s the non-traditional one! Prede got #5, though at this rate I think there may be more of those. ADV used to do home video release deals.

I added another question. :wink:

So let’s recap…

Questions: Name the ADV released titles: (AMG 2 already discussed, doesn’t count in the below)

1. Dub was done in Los Angeles (not Wild Arms or Arc the Lad or Hello Kitty - Hint: Direct ADV license)?
  2. 3 Dubs done in Canada (1 is Megaman answered by Prede) Which are the other 2
  3. Which was the other dub not done at an ADV-owned studio and where?
  4. Dub done in Canada but not a traditional ADV license (answered by Prede)
  5. Dub done in Canada, not a traditional ADV license, not anime…

Miyuki-chan in Wonderland

Which question does that answer? :stuck_out_tongue: Miyuki has no english dub.

Doomed Megalopolis

Doomed Megalopolis isn’t an original license, they just picked up whatever Streamline did previously, afaik anyway.

“Power Stone”? Distro for Lacey Entertainment tho…

crying freeman