Trivia: Name which ADV title

^ That was streamline, ADV dubbed it when they got it

Nope to all, although Prede arguably maybe that might fit for #5. Since I only asked for one we could skip that since you answered it already. But there’s definitely more, ADV used to do a bunch of home video side licenses.

Prede’s right … Crying Freeman, is an ADV dub, the old dub was Streamline’s doing.

Street Fighter - American cartoon TV Series - dubbed in Canada by Ocean

(although some animation was done by both Madhouse and Sunrise)

Super Duper Sumos - American Cartoon TV Series - Dubbed in Canada by Ocean

• This was a distro deal with Nickelodeon and DiC though…
  • I rememeber this one! Looks so weiiiiirdd.

You know, you told me I couldn’t guess, but I don’t know anyway, even if I do own some of these. :side:

Street Fighter a DVD/VHS distro deal ADV picked up like 7 yrs after US broadcast by InVision Ent.

You know, I just put this up as a spur of the moment for fun thing. Should I just put the questions up again and each person can make 1 round of guesses? We might be up here all night throwing out guesses and me saying yes or no, lol. :wink:

What one? The Super Duper Sumos was a distro deal, but the other one?

Both did not see you edit it. I was answering to SF, but SDS is also another Dic distro deal as you pointed out.

But isn’t the Street Fighter the answer to “Dub done in Canada, not a traditional ADV license, not anime…” lol.

In a minute I say we should go with your plan here, but I’m almost through the alphabet

Ok I give up, thats the entire alphabet

lol I’ve given you guys something to do tonight eh. :stuck_out_tongue: I had no idea this thread would explode like this with so many posts - hence why it was spur of the moment with the questions lol.

Street Fighter falls into those odd gray areas. Technically it’s not considered anime since the country of target is US, but the concept is originally Japanese, as is the studio and it’s listed on ANN… so I’m not sure.

For #6 I guess I’ll say it’s not on ANN, as an addendum. :stuck_out_tongue:

so…on to wikipedia!

Well, I don’t know any of the others, but the partial Vancouver dub you were referring to that’s close to me is:
Nurse Witch Komugi

Yep that’s one of the ones. I don’t like asking questions of Coffee… he knows me too well and I him. :stuck_out_tongue: To stump coffee I need to use unorthodox means. LOL

Wait, Coffee you don’t know #2?

Well, I could make an assumptive guess, but it wouldn’t actually be a knowing guess.

Nurse Witch Komugi? Huh? That’s listed as “Industrial Smoke & Mirrors” and it has a bunch of Houston regulars in it…

Hence why it is only a partial Vancouver dub, as I said.

Coffee, LOL that’s what I thought. Yeah you probably know #2 then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Prede yeah Coffee’s right. It’s half ADV, half Vancouver cast (Vancouver recording) - ADV did it for the Soultaker fans, by not doing a complete recast, even on a small title like this.

Prede wins round 1 due to the amount of correct answers. #3 question is mainly Megaman and Komugi but also one of the Hello Kitty and tons of side-licenses.

So let’s reorganize this one last time

For Round 2 everyone who wants to participate has 1 guess only (the one with the fastest answer will take precedence and priority - ex: Person 1 and Person 2 write down the same answer, the one who posted the right answer first will win).

Remaining Round 2 questions

Which ADV licensed title/release was:

2. Dub was done in Los Angeles (not Wild Arms or Arc the Lad or Hello Kitty - Hint: Direct ADV license, not a side license or rescue)?
4. Which was the other dub not done at an ADV-owned studio and where (direct ADV license, not sub license or a side license)?
6. Dub done in Canada, not a traditional ADV license (Home Video distribution deal), not anime and not a cartoon (not listed on ANN)…

Wow no final guesses? I’ll throw two hints for # 4 and 6 later… if no one guesses it by monday, I’ll spill the beans.

6: Andromeda