Username Origin

Didn’t we have a thread like this before? I could have sworn we did.

Newshawk is a nickname I’ve used since my first forays into the great unknown known as the World Wide Web way back in 1995. It’s a curious story of how it appeared. It’s actually part of the title of a screenplay I’ve always wanted to write called “L.A. Newshawks”, which would evolve around a team of freelance TV journalists that roam Southern California trying to be the first on the scene for breaking news events so they can sell their video. While I have a concept, I’m not sure of which way to take it, so I never did anything with it. The title came to me as a variation of the name of an old Panasonic portable video camera called the “Nighthawk”. Bottom line, I adopted the name as my online nickname and have used it (or a variation of it such as OKNewshawk when just plain Newshawk was not available) since then.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

If we did, it may have been on the old boards. I don’t remember any thread like this.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Indeed! Good thing shadycat was looking at this thread, or else I would’ve forgotten about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad I could be of service. Anything else, master? :laugh:

Oh, and see http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,11/func,view/id,42292/limit,10/limitstart,10/#42361 for my screen name origin.

From my favorite Manga “Outlanders”

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5590/forumname.png

Hentai wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

Indeed! Good thing shadycat was looking at this thread, or else I would’ve forgotten about it. :p[/quote]

Thank you both! I didn’t think I had imagined it. :wink:

Wow, a nice thread! Fillet, not really sure how it came about… guess it’s related to my email address?

this is that thread

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]Hentai wrote:

Indeed! Good thing shadycat was looking at this thread, or else I would’ve forgotten about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you both! I didn’t think I had imagined it. ;)[/quote]

Actually, you did, cody, but we hijacked the TARDIS, went back in time and started the thread so you wouldn’t feel like you were wrong…

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

Actually, you did, cody, but we hijacked the TARDIS, went back in time and started the thread so you wouldn’t feel like you were wrong…[/quote]

I don’t know about you, but if I had a time machine, going back and starting a new thread here would be the last thing on my mind. :wink:

[size=4]I used to read a lot of fanfiction when I was young, bout 12 or 13. When I say a lot…I mean a LOT. I stayed up for a day and a half one summer reading this humongous Chrono Trigger story. I only stopped to do stuff like eat and go to the bathroom.

The main character’s name was Rakin, and he ended up being stranded on a forest world for 50 plus years before someone found him. The other characters ended up with similar fates, each being accidentally thrown through time and space to different worlds around the universe. It was a really good story, but for some reason I liked his ending the most, because it was a sad ending for a main character.[/size]

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]Newshawk wrote:

Actually, you did, cody, but we hijacked the TARDIS, went back in time and started the thread so you wouldn’t feel like you were wrong…

I don’t know about you, but if I had a time machine, going back and starting a new thread here would be the last thing on my mind. ;)[/quote]

But we did it just for you, cody! Oh, and there was a little side trip to Vegas to place some wagers on “upcoming” sporting events… :wink:

oh cool love the fan fiction…what o you think of mine?

If I gotta explain mine, you need to go back to anime school…

mine is actually kind of ironic,
Xenophobia - an extreme fear or hate of strangers,
for someone who mostly has conversations with strangers
e.i right now

I’ll bring back the thread.

I really like what my name stands for.

The name, “Eric” is norsk and it stands for, “Great King,” or "Great Ruler."
The last name, Riskus comes from the Lithuanian name, “Reschkus” and either way it means “Risk” simple eh? They changed the name to “Riskus” when my Great-Grandfather came over from Ellis Island. They settled in Chicago and that’s where you’ll find a good majority of the country’s Lithuanians. Anyway.

So I use my real name due to the fact that it stands for, “Risk Taker” and "Great Ruler"
Which is pretty freakin sweet.

Okay, now all we need is your social security number and we’ll be good to go on our end :wink:

naw I already got that from him, so I guess I’ll forward that to you in a PM…

Well, since this thread is resurrected, I guess I’ll explain my username.

You see… I hate hornets, their only reason for existence seems to be to make nests in places they shouldn’t and endlessly sting people. I hate all bee-like insects, but hornets especially. So I decided one day that my Username would be Hornet.
[size=4]Asian Giant Hornet anyone?[/size]

[size=1]Image from Wikipedia[/size]

The 65 is just two random numbers. I used to always go by just “Hornet” but more often than not, it was already taken. So I just put 65 on the end. I’m kind of disappointed now, since there isn’t anyone named “Hornet” here so I could have taken it. Oh well, what’s done is done.

Nothing beats my Xbox Live gamertag though, it’s only 3 letters, and I get to laugh every time I see somebody with my gamertag with numbers on the end… HAHAHAHAHA!