Username Origin

Kyouta wrote:

[quote]YemeniLuigi wrote:

[quote]Kyouta is the main character in Aquarian Age.
Its a great anime.

And Kyouta was A Music Artist and I love music.[/quote]

For some reason, I’m not such a big fan of music, although I do play a couple of instruments. Recently I’ve started to listen to some songs only to figure out how to play them on my keyboard/guitar.

Yeah, thats good.
But it seems to me that youre more of a musician and you like to play music not listen to it.[/quote]

Yeah; if I listen to music I usually only do it when doing HW or trying to listen for the keys.

YemeniLuigi wrote:

[quote]Kyouta wrote:

[quote]Kyouta is the main character in Aquarian Age.
Its a great anime.

And Kyouta was A Music Artist and I love music.[/quote]

For some reason, I’m not such a big fan of music, although I do play a couple of instruments. Recently I’ve started to listen to some songs only to figure out how to play them on my keyboard/guitar.

Yeah, thats good.
But it seems to me that youre more of a musician and you like to play music not listen to it.
Yeah; if I listen to music I usually only do it when doing HW or trying to listen for the keys.[/quote]

Yeah. I like listening to the lyrics and the beats in the music.
And I liked the plot of the story that he was a new music artist
just starting out.

My username is a carryover from my membership at Crunchyroll. Before I joined, I noted my age was more than probably 98.5% of the people there. (For the curious, I am currently 50 years old). I originally tried for just “AncientOne”, but that was unavailable (although I have never seen it used), so I went with the next best choice.

Is your avatar Gandalf?

TheAncientOne wrote:

Well, you can rest easy… there are more of us Baby Boomers here than you might think. Since I used the nickname I’ve used for the last 15 years (an eternity in Internet years) I used the title underneath to proclaim myself an Otaku Grandpa.

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]TheAncientOne wrote:

Well, you can rest easy… there are more of us Baby Boomers here than you might think. Since I used the nickname I’ve used for the last 15 years (an eternity in Internet years) I used the title underneath to proclaim myself an Otaku Grandpa.[/quote]

Yeah, how do you do that? How do you put that title up? I thought it was given to you based on your credibility here, but I realized a while later it wasn’t.

YemeniLuigi wrote:

Go Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network (it’s the same place you go to change your sig). The first item should say “Personal Text”, and so write what you wish for your title to be in that box. If you don’t see a box, click to the right of the gray separator.

Hentai wrote:

[quote]YemeniLuigi wrote:

Go Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network (it’s the same place you go to change your sig). The first item should say “Personal Text”, and so write what you wish for your title to be in that box. If you don’t see a box, click to the right of the gray separator.[/quote]

Oh, thanks; I got it now. . .

Or you can click the little blue text in my sig

ShawnMerrow wrote:

It is Osmond (the headmaster) from The Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima).

At the time I created the account, I needed a suitably old character from an anime for my avatar, and he was the first that came to mind. I had intended to replace it with something else (like a crumbling Stonehenge-like numeral “1”), but after you use something for a while, it seems strange to change it.

Haissan wrote:

Yeah that would’ve been so much easier, but it’s alright; I already set it up. Thanks, Hentai and Haissan

TheAncientOne wrote:

Looked it up and sounded interesting. I would be willing to be that the character designer for Osmond had heard of Gandalf. The design really fits his description in the book.

TheAncientOne wrote:

Know what you mean. Been using Xellos on message boards for a long time.