Valkyria Chronicles / Senjō no Valkyria -Gallian Chronicles-

###Valkyria Chronicles / Senjō no Valkyria -Gallian Chronicles-

[quote]Genres: action, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: military, superpowers, war
Plot Summary: When Imperial forces attack the small border town of Bruhl, Welkin Gunther, son of late General Belgen Gunther, is forced to fight for his life alongside Town Watch captain Alicia Melchiott. Along with Welkin’s adopted sister Isara, the three escape to Gallia’s capitol and subsequently join the country’s militia forces. As members of the newly-formed Squad 7, they must work to repel the invading Imperial forces and discover the true purpose of the invasion itself.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 2009-04-04 to 2009-09-26[/quote]

ANN Info Page

Valkyria Chronicles 3 : Unrecorded Chronicles / Senjou no Valkyria 3: Dare ga Tame no Juusou Vintage: 2011

Have you seen it? Have you heard about it? Its made by SEGA, the same team that made the mind blowingly brilliant Skies of Arcadia. Its a tactical rpg game that also has an anime series.

Its the second world war if it was in an anime world. The whole thing is brilliant if a little too wet. The only bad thing about the game is that it makes me wish it was a proper rpg, even more so since the ps3 lacks good rpgs. Now that I’ve completed the game I’m going to watch the anime.

[quote=Fenknight]
Have you seen it? Have you heard about it? Its made by SEGA, the same team that made the mind blowingly brilliant Skies of Arcadia. Its a tactical rpg game that also has an anime series.

Its the second world war if it was in an anime world. The whole thing is brilliant if a little too wet. The only bad thing about the game is that it makes me wish it was a proper rpg, even more so since the ps3 lacks good rpgs. Now that I’ve completed the game I’m going to watch the anime.[/quote]

Video Games thread

Anyways, I haven’t gotten to play it yet cause I don’t have a PS3 as of yet. Eventually, hopefully. =(

Yes, yes I know about that topic but I was wanting to talk about the anime not the game. The anime is based on the game is the reason I spoke of the game. I actually put this topic in the anime forum for that purpose but it was moved here.

Has anyone ever made a WW2 or 1 anime before?

If you count ‘Grave of the Fireflies’ they have. :side:

“Barefoot Gen” takes place after the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.
Barefoot Gen @ ANN

“Zipang”

Zipang @ ANN

“Kishin Corps: Alien Defender Geo-Armor”
Kishin Corps @ ANN

The three kind of fit.
May be more.
Course the last two spice it up with Time Travel for Zipang and Giant Robots for Geo Armor

Valkyria Chronicles isn’t exactly a historical re-enactment of WW2 but its as close as anime can get. The Valkyria for example are glowing blow super powered people. The PS3 game has downloadable content with all the messed up characters going on their own mission, I’m hoping that is in the anime.