Vampire Princess Miyu

[size=16]Vampire Princess Miyu TV[/size]

[quote]Genres: drama, horror, mystery, supernatural
Themes: demons, vampires
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Stranded in the space between human and demon, Miyu was born a vampire and charged with the responsibility of returning evil demons called Shinma to the dark. Being eternally 15, she yearns to return to the dark herself but not until she has banished the Shinma from Earth. And since her awakening, she remains cut off by the facts of who and what she is.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 1997-10-06 to 1998-03-30[/quote]
ANN Info Page
Watch on the Anime Network Online Player

[size=16]Vampire Princess Miyu OAV[/size]

[quote]Genres: drama, horror, supernatural
Themes: demons, occult, vampires
Plot Summary: Spiritualist Himiko Se finds herself involved with the supernatural when she comes face to face with a young vampire girl known only as Miyu whose purpose is to banish a race of demons known only as Shinma to the dark.
Number of episodes: 4
Vintage: 1988-07-21 to 1989-04-21[/quote]
ANN Info Page

I saw an episode of this years ago when it was on Anime Selects, but never got a chance to see more of it. Since it’s currently airing on Anime Selects (again) I’m watching it, and loving it! It’s a lot like Hell Girl and Nightwalker which I love! So far it’s very interesting. It’s episodic, but it’s not in a bad way or anything. I’ve only watched 3 episodes so far, but I can tell some of the stories might have been inspired by old Japanese myths and legends and stuff. I really am enjoying this show so far, I am eager to see where it goes. The dub on it isn’t amazing or anything, but it’s alright. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes.

Maiden Japan Press Release (TV)

[quote]via Section23 Films (from Maiden Japan)

• Vampire Princess Miyu (TV): Complete Collection - slated for a March 12th release[/quote]

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?17694-Maiden-Japan-licenses-Vampire-Princess-Miyu-TV&p=150827&viewfull=1#post150827

Cover art has been posted.

I’m very happy this got saved! I bought a bunch of tokyopop’s dvds, but never managed to snag em all. So it’s great to be able to get it all at once. This is a top notch show. The dub goes downhill after they replace Kimberly Brown.

BTW this dvd case looks really nice. Much nicer then tokyopop’s release. And Tokyopop’s dvds were a mess :unsure: . Sometimes they’d include the ending theme, sometimes they’d skip it.

I have the six-disc set. I have yet to watch it, though. My backlog is massive.

Sentai’s release is a stackpak by the way. I have to figure out where my empty 5 disc cases are.

Stackpak? Are you sure…ewww. Well at least it looks nice. already pre-ordered this.

Had in hand for over a week now.

I thought it didn’t come out until Apr 2 ? How do you have it already?

When u pre-order it through Rightstuf, you’ll get it anywhere from 2-3 weeks in advanced.
The date is usually for BnM’s to finally put it out for the public, even though the usually already have it in the warehouse. Ocasionally some of them will put them out early, i.e. Best Buy…

Release date was yesterday.

[size=19]Watch Vampire Princess Miyu On Anime Network Online[/size]

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Vampire-Princess-Miyu/The-Fang-Knows/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 (Dub) is now LIVE![/b]

Really enjoyed the first episode. It was over too soon! :lol:

That annoying boy did have to go!

I’m looking forward to the rest of the series.

[quote=“LadyOfWicca”]Really enjoyed the first episode. It was over too soon! :lol:

That annoying boy did have to go!

I’m looking forward to the rest of the series.[/quote]

Isn’t that a great first episode??? You think he’s the main character or something. but nope! Then you think Miyu is the bad vampire the whole time. NOPE. So then you’re like well maybe she’s a good vampire? NOPE. she’s just Miyu, completely neutral. Like Switzerland. I love how she gives the boy what he wants at the end?

The first episode was a little predictable, but I enjoyed it. I have to say that it was darker than I expected. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Predictable??? Are you serious?? Nothing about that episode was predictable!

You mean to tell me you knew the boy wasn’t the main character? You knew the lizard was the vampire? You knew Miyu was neither good nor bad? You knew that she’d kill the boy instead of turning him into a vampire?

Come on that episode is a lot of things but predictable is not one of them. I admit i first saw this episode years ago now, but it still stayed with me. Later episodes the writing isn’t always as good, and they can be a little predicable or a tad corny demon clothing? lol but that first episode is excellent. Still haunts me…Well you’re welcome to your opinion Cody but I so disagree with it.

Actually, I couldn’t have been certain obviously, but it seemed to me that the boy was going to just be a minor character or possibly just be in this episode. Also, though I haven’t watched it, I’m familiar enough with Miyu’s premise to know that she wasn’t the villain of the episode. I think the only thing that I wasn’t expecting was the giant chameleon monster.

I guess I’ve just watched a lot of anime. There isn’t much that surprises me anymore…lol

Well I did first see episode one a long time ago, back on Anime Selects. I didn’t know anything about Miyu at the time, or the show itself. So that explains part of it. Hah.

I noticed incorrect credits in episode 04, “Reiha Has Come”.

[table]
[tr][td]—[/td][td]Character[/td][td]Voice Actor[/td] [td]Role[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]http://theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Vampire-Princess-Miyu/Reiha-Has-Come/Watch[/td][td]Matsukaze Reiha[/td][td]Mona Marshall[/td][td].[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=336[/td] [td]Reiha[/td] [td]Wendee Lee[/td][td]snow demon[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]ANN[/td] [td]Matsukaze[/td] [td]Mona Marshall[/td][td]doll[/td][/tr]
[/table]
(Reiha is listed as a secondary character and Matsukaze as a minor character.)