Mystery Anime Series?

I’d like to borrow the expertise of the forum to help me out with a quick question, if I could. A while ago I was shown a clip from an anime series where a kid is being picked on and goes to an abandoned building and starts playing his guitar to vent his frustration. After his guitar playing (why I was shown the clip) ends, some demon/vampire appears and tells the kid that “music won’t help you solve your problems, only revenge will do that, and I can grant you the power to exact it”, then the demon thing transforms the kid into some sort of lesser demon lackey.

I’m pretty sure that the show came out between 2004 and 2007. Would anyone happen to know the name of this series?

Do you know if it was an anime network show? Or at least something ADV licensed at one time? Because that would make this a whole lot easier to find.

I don’t know if it was ever on tan, or licensed by adv, if it was licensed at all.

Try searching in ANN, it’ll be a hard task…I’ve been trying and I haven’t seen anything for it.

I got nothing. If it was licensed I’m sure it’d not be too too hard to find which makes me think it may not licensed .

[quote=“celestial_being”]I’d like to borrow the expertise of the forum to help me out with a quick question, if I could. A while ago I was shown a clip from an anime series where a kid is being picked on and goes to an abandoned building and starts playing his guitar to vent his frustration. After his guitar playing (why I was shown the clip) ends, some demon/vampire appears and tells the kid that “music won’t help you solve your problems, only revenge will do that, and I can grant you the power to exact it”, then the demon thing transforms the kid into some sort of lesser demon lackey.

I’m pretty sure that the show came out between 2004 and 2007. Would anyone happen to know the name of this series?[/quote]

Was this clip dubbed or subtitled? It sounds like it’s from one of the Hell Girl series. If it was dubbed, it’s the first series and it’s a Funi title. If its subbed, then it’s either from Two Mirrors or Three Vessels and they are bot available here on the online player.

I haven’t seen any Hell Girl series except the first one, but there was no transforming people into demons in it, so I don’t think it’s Hell Girl.

If you can recall, how bout describing some of the scene for us; maybe that’ll help us.

Describe the kid: what was he wearing, little kid or teen, what kind of guitar and what kind of music was he playing, what he look like after his transformation, etc…

Same with the demon/vampire

Also what era/time did it look like the show took place in…