Waiting in the Summer / Ano Natsu de Matteru

Waiting in the Summer / Ano Natsu de Matteru

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, science fiction
Themes: aliens, fanservice, filmmaking, love polygon, school
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: While testing his 8mm camera at night, Kaito Kirishima is caught amid a mysterious explosion in his small town. Strangely, Kaito wakes up the next day perfectly fine, but with no recollection of what exactly happened the day before. Unfazed by what seems to have been just a dream, he heads to school not giving much thought to the incident. Discussing with his friends about the camera, they decide to make a movie during summer break. They invite two upperclass students to participate in the project: recently arrived Ichika Takatsuki and the odd Remon Yamano. In a strange twist of fate, Ichika starts living with Kaito as his sister has to work overseas. Summer days are about to get exciting for the small film crew.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2012-01-09 to 2012-03-26

ANN Info Page

Waiting in the Summer (OAV) Vintage: 2014-08-29

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “Waiting in the Summer"

HOUSTON, January 5, 2012— Sentai Filmworks is very proud to announce the acquisition of the eagerly awaited new anime WAITING IN THE SUMMER (ANO NATSU DE MATTERU), which is already drawing considerable buzz due to its re-pairing of several already highly successful creative partnerships. Legendary anime writer Y?suke Kuroda (Excel Saga, High School of the Dead, Puni Puni Poemy,) reteams with his PLEASE TEACHER!/PLEASE TWINS collaborator, original character designer Taraku Uon (READ OR DIE, TV and OVA,) while director Tatsuyuki Nagai (Toradora, Honey & Clover II,) reunites with his TORADORA/ANO HI MITA HANA collaborator, character designer Masayoshi Tanaka (also HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD,) to produce a unique 12 episode anime series that takes a rather different view of the classic teen romance genre.

Lights! Camera! Teen Angst! When a group of friends decide to make a movie over a long summer holiday, they end up learning a little about filmmaking and a lot more about each other and themselves. What begins as a simple way to avoid the summer doldrums quickly turns into something much more complex, intimate and revealing, as the maturing relationships between the members of the young cast take on new, and sometimes very unexpected, turns. Get ready for a whole new take on summer romance as hidden emotions get captured and secrets meant to be kept hidden inside young hearts instead spill off of the screen for your viewing pleasure in WAITING IN THE SUMMER!

Waiting in the Summer will debut on digital platforms starting this month with a subtitled DVD to follow later in the year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.[/quote]

RAI EDIT: Adding in this info in lieu of pup, who’s out for today.

…when the group of friends witness a train crash and investigate subsequent unexplained events in their small town. :ohmy:

:lol:

:laugh:

HA! I would buy that site unseen!

This show sounds like it just might be my cup of tea. I will have to check it out.

Go home everyone, tonka just won the thread. Kudos!

I knew those pictures looked familiar! I think this has just vaulted into the “must have” column for me!

The first episode was cute and a little mysterious. I could tell right away that I’m going to really enjoy this series! :slight_smile:

Just watched the first two episodes. I am ecstatic! It’s the second coming of Please Teacher! :woohoo:

I’ve been reading several reviews of this so far and it seems like this should have been one of the choices for the Dub/Blu-ray treatment. I’ve rarely been wrong about what would sell.

Episode 1 (Sub) is live at ANO

I just watched the first episode. It’s a shame this was not one of the shows for dubbing and Blu-ray.

Well, one can always hope it draws some good streaming numbers and Sentai reconsiders. After all, it’s getting a lot of word of mouth and it seems to be on of the fan favorites of the season.

Just finished Ep. 01

Well, the first episode didn’t make much of an impression on me.
I’ll continue watching it though, since I watch all TANs simulcats/quasi-simulcasts.
But as of right now, I fail to see why anyone would be talking about this one.

I found the first episode of this to be 10x better then Inu x Boku. Which did not hold my interest as much. This has strong Please Teacher feelings for obvious reasons. I still feel this would have more sales potential with a dub then Inu X Boku will.

Maybe that is why I just can’t see the interest in this.
I’ve never seen Please Teacher.

Also…
Apparently, Inu x Boku isn’t guarenteed to get a dub, even though the PR said BD.

Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel - Kawaii-Kon 2012 - Anime News Network

Q: “Is there a dub planned for InuxBoku Secret Service?”

Only if there are high view rates on the streaming, which signals interest. This applies to all series that are streaming before their DVD/Blu-ray release.

Oh, Coffee… you’ve got to see Please Teacher! Of course, it was the series that brought me back into anime back in 2005, so I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for it.

That’s the same with me and Black Lagoon, so I definitely understand that perspective.

It’s rather sad Please Teacher and Please Twins are out of print and maybe expired at this time. Both had some of my favorite Bang Zoom! Dubs. Hopefully if it’s not Bandai re-releases them before they fully leave and if it is expired Sentai picks it up. Thinking of that need to remember to poke the rai and suggest it.

I never finished Please Twins, but I really enjoyed Please Teacher. I’m about 90% positive that both are expired. Plus, most sites are of stock of both and the prices are starting to going up from third parties. They would be excellent tiles for Sentai to rescue.