Want to know

hello all had a question for all you anime network mods/ VoD people but do you guys hate dubs or something? I checked the September schedule and there is like 1 dub (not counting Nadia and the others that are currently running) sorry if I come off as a jerk or anything like that, it’s just that it feels like the people that prefer the dubs over the subs are getting hosed so to speak. a few of us can’t afford to do the ANO premium stuff or their devices aren’t either capable of getting the service or the connection is crappy at best. so let me ask this, what do we gotta do to get more dubs on VoD?

Just do what you’re doing, make your voice heard.
I’ll forward it to The Powers That Be and make sure they know that you want to see more dubs on VOD.

The Premium side of VoD isn’t much better. Only a few dubbed series running here.

- Gatchaman - Ongoing

- From the New World - Only a few episodes left to go

- K-On! (season 1) - Starts this Thursday

- Elfen Lied (rerun) - Starts September 4th

Nadia and Little Busters! Season 1 had their final episodes on August 14th. Everything else on SVoD is subtitled.

More Dubs would not be unwelcome… but never forget that some viewers like myself prefer Subbed. -_^

and I can respect that One, but some of the stuff they put on VoD I KNOW for a fact has an English dub. and while I am here, I noticed Hulu got a bunch of new stuff on the Anime Network channel on there, is there anyway like say when you premiere a dub on ANO, is it possible Hulu could see it too? sorry got off track there for a sec, One I can deal with some subs, but just some voice actors on some of the subs are just god awful (remember Mistletine from Dream Eater Merry? so bad) that is why I am asking for the dubs. with great voice actors/actresses like Greg Ayeres, Brittany Karboski, Monica Rial, etc. I think some of the dubs could be better than the subs,my personal opinion of course.

:blink:

1. There are subs that have no dub.
  2. Every dub has the option for original audio + subs

The problem is #1 since every show pretty much has sub in the age of digital media now that VHS with single audio tacks are long gone.

It is why I still wonder why people complain when there is a dub, because they could just switch the settings when they watch it, but when there is no dub, the consumer can do nothing.

[quote=“shadzar” post=175778]

:blink:

1. There are subs that have no dub.
  2. Every dub has the option for original audio + subs

The problem is #1 since every show pretty much has sub in the age of digital media now that VHS with single audio tacks are long gone.

It is why I still wonder why people complain when there is a dub, because they could just switch the settings when they watch it, but when there is no dub, the consumer can do nothing.[/quote]

I know what you mean shadzar, some like the To LoveRu series of anime doesn’t have a dub yet, while others like MM has an English dub. all I ever wanted was to be able to watch the same dubs that the people that have the premium membership for ANO have, which is dubs of anime each month. same with Hulu getting more dubs as well.

so how is that talking to the powers that be coming along?

Actually, sent in a question on Friday, hope to hear something back next week.

But keep in mind that the VOD schedules are prepared several months in advance, so you may not notice a change for quite a while, if it happens.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=176249]

Actually, sent in a question on Friday, hope to hear something back next week.

But keep in mind that the VOD schedules are prepared several months in advance, so you may not notice a change for quite a while, if it happens.[/quote]

alright Slow, thanks for the update, any new news on maybe adding some more dubs to Hulu?

That would be a question for Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network.
But I’ll see what I can find out.

Been wondering if the dub of Majestic Prince is going to be coming to On Demand anytime soon.

Haven’t heard about that one yet.

I’ll throw my name in the hat about wanting more dubs.

It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a first-run show with a dub on VOD. It used to be the standard in past years but it seems now the only dubs we’re getting are of shows that were previously shown in their sub format only a few months earlier ( ex. : Little Busters, From the New World ). The only other dubs at the moment, or recently shown, are Gatchaman, Elfen Lied and Nadia Secret of Blue Water – two of those three are classics, but all of these shows aren’t exactly new.

The last shows I can remember from the top of my head having a first run in english this year are the AKBs and Medeka Box. All of the other few dubs were re-releases like Nyan Koi or the Maria Holics. Even shows that have a dub ready to roll are getting showed in their sub format : why is K-ON not shown in english like the 2nd second was ? I remember seeing great shows last year like Another, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Mysterious Girlfriend X, World God Only Knows II & Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 all premiering in English, what happened in 2014 so that so many dubs are getting snubbed out of the line-up ?

I also don’t want to start another " Dub vs Sub" debate / war – Can’t we find a neat balance between the two ?

I’m not saying it should always be all dubs, all the time but the opposite like we have now ain’t much better. I also understand that having a sub version means having a show on VOD faster but those shows often have mistakes such as errors in subs, goofy synchronizing and textless OP/ED. I don’t mind waiting a bit longer if it means seeing a more polished release.

Just throwing my two cents here.