Welcome to the New Forums!

That’s too good. If it was a snake I would have been bitten. Ah geez. :laughing:

And, I would gladly try just as you explained. The problem is that the trust levels seem to still be wonky. My title still is there, but just like as with you… our trust levels got bounced back to Member. Another conundrum.

If you go the the Badges in the drop-down menu right now, you can see how many regulars there are. And like I told Hornet, they disappeared again from our profiles. Who knows for now?

Got it. I would rule that it should stick then. But, we know how things are always subject to change.

1 Like

:laughing:
Ahh, got it! Since you still had the title next to your avy I just assumed you still had it.

That being said, though we can’t edit old posts, we can still edit thread titles if we were the creators of the thread.
So I just tested in on the Akame ga KILL! thread, and yes, both stick even when edited.

Got it again. Thanx for the intel! :thumbsup: I’m still not sure on the whole editing thing until we get a word back. Like I said, April was the farthest back I could edit something. Still not too happy with that. We’ll wait and see.

1 Like

This new forum is possessed by the Devil! Auto-editing posts like there’s no human there to tell it to! Witchcraft I tell ya! Where’s my tin-foil hat? I can’t have THEM reading what I type… O_O" Oh shit…! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YE!!!

I haven’t figured this out yet, so maybe someone can help me out if they have.

In the Unread category at the top, it gives you 2 options: Dismiss Posts & Dismiss Topics
During the course of me playing around with this and several trial & error attempts to figure out what each does, I dismissed several topics I want Unread notifications for and can’t figure out how to undo that.

Does anyone know how to undo your dismissal of topics without me having to add whole Categories to my Watched list in my Preferences?

Nice one! :laughing: The only time that I have noticed that it will auto-edit a post is when the system downloads a local copy of a picture. If you place a picture link into your post, it will do that and replace the link with the new local link. I wondered the same thing and this seems to be my findings thus far.

With that said though, now Oneway… get the hell out of the servers already! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope. It seems like once those options are clicked on, it instantly is set. I mentioned something like this similar before when everything went live. Having to enter into our preferences or change it on the individual thread pages is a bit much. There’s not really a quick fix I can think of though to this problem.

If we could have an option to revert the changes made within a certain amount of time… that would be nice at least. And, there should be a little more warning to us when we click that option. My two cents so far. :question:

3 Likes

A quick fix would be the ideal solution, such as a complete undo, but this works for now, as it’s something I actually didn’t even notice we could do that with that Tracking option at the bottom.

Now I just have to remember what threads I did that to so I can fix them :laughing:

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod, post:23, topic:7632”]
I was going to post this in the Welcome to the Lounge thread, but since my Regular level disappeared…[/quote]
Here’s what’s happening with the trust levels:
Admin leveled certain users to “Regular”, but the system sees that you haven’t met the guidelines outlined here. So it bumps you back down.

They are working with the developer to try to skirt around this and get you all upgraded again.

They ask you to be patient and thank you all for your suggestions and support.

4 Likes

Glad to see the BBS mail system that evovled into newsgroups like UseNet is still active, though It is as horrible in 2014 for something to be called a forum as it was 30 years ago, but at least 30 years ago it was better at managing memory usage and the like.

This design reminds me of old text-based chats that scroll when the new posts arrive and has forgotten all recent design advancements such as tabbed-browsing, and such by reverting to outmoded ideas and concepts. Add to the visually appealingness of a MSWord 1.0 document or RTF file and you are left with something that should ONLY be used on the glorified Gameboy’s that they call tablets and phone now, and not for computers.

This design would have been better placed as an alternate as m.theanimenetwork.com/forums for automatic mobile device use such as Facebook has its own facebook for mobile rather than being used on a machine that doesn’t require the limited amount of screen space as mobile devices have.

Visually it is WORSE than the new AnimePlanet design because it is even more of a jumbled mess with no breaking areas to draw eyes to important information and poor use of the real estate.

This software would best be used s a digital inner-office bulliten board, and not what is know today as an online forum

the lack of BBCode and such and hidden emojis and whatever they are called really proves that this isn’t a viable communication system for anything more than a hospital operating room.

Kunena with Joomla was at least a functioning forum, it jsut lacked the proper personnel to actually maintain it

Also there shouldn’t be random people sending mail/PMs to people asking personal information under any cicrumstances, and if they are a new part of a team associated with a project of this nature, they should be introduced by the customer (TAN) of the services to to the custoemrs (TANs) users.Such actions could easily be taken as attempting identiy theft or fraudulent acquisition of someones personal information, neil.

Ok, this is new.
Though it says in the Preferences you email is “Never shown to the public.” it seems to have shown up on my profile today.
It wasn’t there when I went to bed, so I was curious if it was just only visible to me or if it somehow became visible to all?

I can’t see it on your profile page, and I’m a mod.

2 Likes

Thanks, I just wanted to verify this and make sure it wasn’t something to worry about.

Yeah, it just showed up today as well for me regardless of the preference setting. :confused: Weird. Thank you for the word though, @Slowhand.

1 Like

After the forum refresh at about 4:30pm CT, my Profile Background was erased and now I can’t access the Background at all. Clicking on the button does nothing.
Anyone else having this problem?
Windows 7, IE 11

Ah, I see what you are talking about with your profile. My profile is still untouched though. Everything is still there for me including the background I uploaded.

EDIT: I even went to a few other’s profiles that I know had backgrounds, no I’m not a stalker, but anyway everything shows for them as well.

1 Like

[quote=“Lumis, post:55, topic:7632”]
My profile is still untouched though. Everything is still there for me including the background I uploaded.[/quote]
Does your Profile Background button work?

Mine does.
If I click on it, it opens my file folders.

1 Like

Same here. Everything seems to be working alright with us over here. Is it not for you, @Slowhand? It won’t let you upload something new now?

1 Like

[quote=“Lumis, post:58, topic:7632”]
It won’t let you upload something new now?[/quote]
Had to do a complete computer reboot, it must have been something on my end… geez Louise. :unamused:

1 Like

I’ve been thinking along those same lines. On that, the dates for most recent posts are still wonky when I view the site on mobile, making it difficult to determine which threads have new unread posts.

Yeah, the new editor on its face has fewer features so if one doesn’t already know how to do something-underlining text and emoticons being an example-he’s outta luck doing it in the editor as there’s no button for it. From what I understand, the forum now has more official languages than the UN, to be used for formatting, though to what degree each is supported I know not. I don’t even know what markdown code is, besides that it is associated with the bane that is Reddit. :slight_smile: