What Movie(s) did you watch today?

Guardians of the Galaxy on STARZ

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

The Ant Bully & Fantastic Four on Disney XD

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Kinda felt as though I was watching a live-action cartoon, like a more realistic Star Wars prequel. Not my thing, but 10 year old me probably would have loved it. 10 year old me probably wouldn’t have noticed that whatever contract clause that makes it so the camera always focuses on Scarlett Johansson’s face when she’s in frame wasn’t in Elizabeth Olsen’s contract, but still probably would have wondered what Black Widow’s purpose is as an Avenger.

Dunno how anyone could ever die when they have the healing pod technology of DBZ and the regeneration pod technology of Star Wars and Starship Troopers all rolled into one ultra-device of healing.

Can’t wait for the guys who made Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the best Marvel Movie by far, to take over Avengers.

The Pirates! Band of Misfits on Disney XD

Mad Max: Fury Road

One non-stop action fest. Didn’t feel like it was 2 hours long, it didn’t drag like The Avengers did.

There was CG, a LOT of CG (which was lower grade than most movies), and a few bits of 3d pandering, but the action was still very solid and had the least of the CG.

Also, movie has this weird bit at the opening where the movie looks to be “real life speed” but it is still normal movie FPS so it looks weird. Another case for High Frame Rate.

1 Like

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on HBO

This was so enjoyable throughout.

Necropolis

WT…F?! all over again.
:wink:

The Luck of the Irish and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer on Disney XD

Kaena : The Prophecy (into the box) :unamused:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (back on the shelf) :wink:

The Book of Life on HBO

Yesterday was Jurassic Park 3, today is Lost World Jurassic Park, I’m fairly certain if my daughter has her way we are watching this trilogy backwards. XD

The Maze Runner on HBO

Big Hero 6 on STARZ

Alexander The Ultimate Cut

oh Mr. Stone, what will be next: The Super, Duper, Awesome, Truly Final, Last Cut; For Reals This Time

Ant-Man

It continually amazes me how many people get up and leave as the credits are rolling. Haven’t they ever seen a Marvel movie before?

2 Likes

Snowpiercer
Kingsmen: The Secret Service

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on HBO

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Jupiter Ascending
Police Story (2013)