When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace / Inō-Battle wa Nichijō-kei no Naka de

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace / Inō-Battle wa Nichijō-kei no Naka de

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: harem, powers, school, school life, special abilities, superpowers
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Six months ago, the five-member literature club all awakened superpowers. Unfortunately this has not led to them having anything else interesting happen in their lives, like epic battles or saving the universe. They go about their ordinary lives, just happening to have superpowers, waiting for the call to battle to finally happen - assuming it ever comes at all.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2014-10-06

ANN Info Page

Crunchyroll Adds Trigger’s When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Anime

posted on 2014-10-01 15:10 EDT
Series about the daily lives of students with superpowers premieres October 6

Being a TV Tokyo license, I don’t expect this will be licensed any time soon even if someone wants it.

That being said, I feel kind of spoiled with KyoAni’s take on chunibyo, so I kinda wanted to see what Trigger would do with it.
Not bad so far, though it kind of lacks that “pizazz” that Kill la Kill had.
Maybe because it’s an adaption rather than an original, but all in all, it isn’t too bad thus far.

1 Like

I’m not sure about this one. It is definitely trying too hard to be funny but it has some potential.

I thought it would just be K-On + that skit from Family Guy (which it largely is), a premise in search of a plot, but it did raise some overarching questions. I’m just not sure if I want to stick around to find out the answers.

The art was also “fuzzy” in this one when I streamed it via Cruncy. Weird.

Bluray only releases in Japan? I wonder if, should it be brought over here, the NA distributor will whip up their own DVD version as we, sadly, haven’t really embraced bluray over here.

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/10/16/avex-sets-japanese-when-supernatural-battles-became-commonplace-anime-bd-only-release-plans/

Oct 16, 2014

MOD EDIT: Added article date.

It isn’t the first time something has been BD only.
Fate/Zero was BD only as well.

That being said, since it’s a TV Tokyo series, it should be quite some time before we see if anyone is actually interested in this enough to pick it up.

When the Japanese are dictating the English titles of anime, I wonder if the NA distributors would be allowed to fabricate their own DVD release when the Japanese aren’t bothering with that medium.

F/0’s status leaves me thinking it unwise to consider it the trend-setter for this situation.

VIDEO: “When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace” ED Song PV by Kato*Fuku

November 11, 2014 7:30am CST
The CD single hits stores on November 19

“When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace” Live Event Visual Unveiled

February 07, 2015 8:19pm CST
Cast reunites at February 15th concert/talk

Older Articles

Trigger Makes Anime of Inou-Battle in the Usually Daze Comedy Novels

posted on 2014-03-11 01:00 EDT
Kota Nozomi’s story of 5 teens who gain powers, but normal life goes on

Trigger’s Inō Battle with Everyday Life Slated for October

posted on 2014-07-06 23:57 EDT

Inō Battle with Everyday Life Anime’s Cast, Staff Announced

posted on 2014-07-09 14:00 EDT
Series will premiere in October

Inou Battle Within Everyday Life Anime’s 1st Promo Previews Cast

posted on 2014-08-12 07:30 EDT
Also: Emiri Katō, Takuma Terashima, Kaori Nazuka, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Kaori Fukuhara join cast for October anime

Emiri Katō, Kaori Fukuhara Perform Inou Battle Within Everyday Life Anime’s Ending Theme

posted on 2014-08-24 09:00 EDT
Haruka Yamazaki, Saori Hayami, Risa Taneda, Nanami Yamashita perform opening theme for October anime

Inou Battle Within Everyday Life’s 2nd Promo Previews Song, Story

posted on 2014-09-12 01:00 EDT
Haruka Yamazaki, Saori Hayami, Risa Taneda, Nanami Yamashita perform opening for October anime

The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide - When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Oct 6th 2014

Sentai Filmworks License Announcement

Apr 20, 2016

Sentai Filmworks Licenses When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Anime

posted on 2016-04-20 15:23 EDT
Studio Trigger animated 2014 series about students with supernatural powers

So, this is a nice pickup that I’d just about forgotten.

Mark Gosdin

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Gets English Dub

posted on 2016-04-21 15:14 EDT

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

WHEN SUPERNATURAL BATTLES BECAME COMMONPLACE ENGLISH DUB CAST LIST

7/20/2016 9:39:30 AM

Available August 30, 2016
DVD | Blu-Ray

About When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

The origin of the Senko High School Literature Club’s powers might be a little sketchy, and they may spend more time chatting than engaging in superhuman feats. Still, there’s no questioning the incredible abilities of the club’s female members: Tomoyo can control time; Hatoko is a mistress of the elements; Chifuyu can create matter; and Sayumi can return any item to a previous state. With these powers, there are few tasks these girls can’t handle. Meanwhile, Jurai, the club’s only male member, has a dark flame that seems a little pointless in comparison, and only time will tell if it matures into anything more useful. Toss in a Student Council president who’s developed powers of her own and things are about to get seriously weird as the study of literature takes a comic book turn in WHEN SUPERNATURAL BATTLES BECAME COMMONPLACE!

Genres: Action & Adventure, Comedy
Rating: TV- 14 [D,S]

Director: Kyle Colby Jones

English Dub Vocal Cast

Ando - Mateo Mpinduzi-Mott
Tomoyo - Shanae’a Moore
Hatoko - Melissa Molano
Sayumi - Maggie Flecknoe
Chifuyu - Sasha Paysinger

Kudo - Melissa Pritchett
Hajime - Benjamin McLaughlin
Kuki - Terri Doty
Sagami - Blake Shepard
Hitomi - Regina Chen
Litia - Chaney Moore
Ms. Satomi - Kaytha Coker
Maiya - Karlii Hoch
Fan - Katelynn Barr
Akutagawa - Bryson Baugus
Touhei - Chris Hutchison
Aki - Shelby Blocker
Machi - Molly Searcy
Toki - Jack Ivy
Hagiura - Carolyn Medrano
System - Kris Saltiel
Muscles - Phil Collins

1 Like

The mostly Newbie cast Cometh…

1 Like

You know, they gotta’ start somewhere. Looking forward to this being done.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I don’t remember this strategy working out too well IMO when Funi tried it.

I’d like to see the newbie/veteran ratio weighted more toward the latter, and with them in the more prominent roles. It’s weird to put your best batters in the lower third of the lineup lol.

Though if Kyle Jones channels ADV on this one, it’ll hit it out of the park regardless. ADV had a habit of educing “major league” performances from rookies.

1 Like

@celestial_being I know where you are coming from, it is a bit unnerving to see so many new names in one dub.

However, there appears to be a good bit of dubbing by the various Anime licensors going on right now and since it is a niche product the talent pool isn’t all that deep. So this sort of thing is bound to happen eventually.

Hopefully the folks they’ve chosen to work on Supernatural Battles will be able to orient themselves and produce a good dub.

Mark Gosdin

Episodes 1-12 (Sub) are live at ANO

FEATURE: Cruising the Crunchy-Catalog: “When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace”

February 26, 2017 2:05pm CST
Teenage crushes and world-shaking super powers abound in this 2014 light novel adaptation with animation by Trigger