AN Online Player Discussion/Issues thread

They were working on some back end stuff, it should be working now. I just tested it and everything I tried worked without problems. If there are continuing problems… let me know in this thread.

The Saiyuki issue, I have not heard back about… they’ve been pretty busy today.

Yes hello this annienut09. I apoligize for starting extra thread but I just read where u think things are working now. Well my player is still down says I am being rejected becuse of region ty Ihope i posted in the right area this time. annienut09:(

annienut09 wrote:

Are you using the same computer when you made this post to watch the episodes? This will help them out in trying to find the problem.

The IP Filtering system has been a complex issue in the past, and one that was resolved somewhat recently, but it seems like they are working on it again in recent days.

I just checked the player and it is still malfunctioning. Now all it will play is rapid successions of commercials. You said it was fixed…

Rhade wrote:

It’s working on my side (I’m using Firefox 3), I just tried several shows again right now, it’s working (at least for me). Although right now, unlike earlier it seems like the server is getting a lot of traffic and it’s slower than normal for a few seconds, then it works fine after about 10-20 seconds.

Are you getting the same problem as before with the buffering issue or a new one? Did you try one show/episode or several? Which browser were you using? If you can provide more with tonight’s issue, I’ll see if they can look into your report again when they’re available tomorrow.

Well, just checked a few more things… It’s not the same buffering problem I had before, but it is the same as a problem reported a week ago…

If you are logged in, all it will play is a continuous stream of commercials. You actually have to log out and use the player as a guest for it to play. It’s not fixed and this is an outstanding problem that had been reported a long time ago. However, at least there us a work around. Simply don’t log into to use any member features and the player will work.

I did report that issue to them and know for a fact they were working and looking into that problem. However, the problem is it doesn’t appear to be a clear solution given it’s a small and sporadic problem and seems to be a case by case issue. I and others are always logged on and I’ve never experienced that problem.

Which browser and OS are you using? This might be information that may help them track down the problem.

Bastof syndrome episode 25 still is not working. it siad (stream not found shows/bastof_syndroma/blm0251engsnb_an_640x480.flv)

and this is when i m not loged in.

and all other shows and episodes seem to be working fine when i m not loged in.

Yes I am still using same computer ty.annienut09

Hi I was reading up on the other replys to this thread and I was not sure if apply to me.I run windows xp,internet exploer 8. Also I’m not sure if I try the player being logged off as member I shall try that now see what the result is.ty annienut09;)

Hello again signed off and the player is still say rejected cause of region shows my ip and then say country that space is blank, I tried to shows Divergence Eve, GetBackers. would not let me into player.Sorry for all the trouble.

Here are my PC stats

AMD Phenom 9500 (2.2 GHz Quad Core)
4 Gigs of DDR2 1066
2.2 Terabyte HD (750Gig Primary Drive and 1.5 Terabyte Secondary)
Windows XP Pro SP3
Internet Explorer 7 & Firefox 3.0.10
Cox Business Grade Cable (15meg down 5Meg up)

In short, I have plenty to run a *** streaming video.

Now, as to whether it’s my browser affecting the issue. I have tried the video play on IE 7 and Firefox. In both cases, I can not play videos if I am logged in.

I’m logged in and the Online Player is working fine for me now.
Actually it’s working better then it ever has.:cheer:

To me it does not really matter as I really support the industry and buy DVD’s.

I sent them a new report again of the recent problems, along with the updated information if necessary that has been provided. Perhaps this will help them track down the isolated incident issues.

annienut09 wrote:

Your problem is a different isolated case than the others are experiencing. You’re getting caught in the net of the IP Filtering system that’s used to protect the content from being watched outside of the region. That happens sometimes due to the way the Internet providers network is set up.

At this point there’s nothing you can do but wait for Anime Network techs to find out why your Internet Provider is coming across to the filter as out of the US. Unfortunately though, this is usually a more complex problem to solve as there are several factors out of Anime Network’s hands.

Hi Dragon ty for reply thats been the way my weeks running lol. Please email me let me know when tech support thinks it is solved ty.Annienut09:angry: P.S. not mad at u dragon lol:)

all i get on my player now is advertisements for anime network never the show i selected

[size=4]Logged In Issue[/size]
Anime Network believes it has found the problem with the few people experiencing issues of needing to log off to view it or ads playing instead of the shows. It should be fixed now.

If it isn’t yet, let us know.

[size=4]IP Address issue[/size]

annienut09, the company that assigns IP addresses tends to re-assign them now and then, and unfortunately your IP address is being viewed as new and not in the database. Anime Network will be working on this issue to try to solve it long term.
Saiyuki and Bastof Issues** will be addressed after they deal with the technical issues.

all i"m Getting is the adds over and over and over again how do i get this to play the actual video’s

Everything works fine for me… whether I’m logged in or not. :laugh:

They believe they have found the problem with the Logged In/Logged Out issue, it is happening with newer members. They’re working on an addition that should soon fix it.