Online Player, Subscriptions issues and Q&A thread

Official Announcement info: Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network

Rai wrote:

Cool! Been waiting for something like this for ages.

Just wrote a story on it on my ADV/Anime Network blog (shameless plug) :lol:

Full story: http://advnation.blogspot.com/2009/05/anime-network-debut-new-online-player.html

[quote]Anime Network debuts new Subscription service and Online Player with tiered content (Free, Registered member and Subscribed) system. Since Anime Network’s Online Player debut, the service has continued to grow in popularity and has become increasingly busy – with the launch of the new player, Anime Network has also transitioned to a new back end system that promises major improvements in content delivery for its customers and viewers.

The new $6.95/month (plus tax) subscription service grants members full access to the latest ADV Films releases, including the Online Premieres: Clannad and Princess Resurrection, Mahoromatic Season 1, 2 and Special, Kiba, Tsukihime, Cool Dimension - established fan favorites of ADV’s that are Premiering online for the first time: Azumanga Daioh, Elfen Lied, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World as well as classic older Out-of-Print titles like Sakura Wars and Orphen Season 1 that are rare finds. Exclusive new titles like Clannad and Princess Resurrection start out with several episodes and like their VOD schedule should get more new episodes in a future update. Other titles coming to Anime Network Online Player in the near future include Appleseed (2004 Movie), Lost Universe, Soul Hunter, and others.

For more information on the new Online Player and new shows check out their site at www.theanimenetwork.com [/quote]

So Anime Network has released several tidbits over the weekend and early this week of the new Online Subscription system. There’s a lot of data to sift through and I’m sure a lot of you have a lot of questions… This is the thread to do it in.
I will be making a FAQ very soon to cover a lot of these.**

If you have further issues, questions or things you want to know about this is the thread to do it.

Like I said, this is a very big deal for ADV and Anime Network for a whole lot of reasons. Some of you might be thinking about this narrowly for your own needs and of course that’s fine, but let’s discuss a few of the highlights that may answer a few of your questions.

• Anime Network new back end and Online Player
    Since Anime Network’s Online Player debut, the service has continued to grow in popularity and has become increasingly busy – with the launch of the new player, Anime Network has also transitioned to a new back end system that promises major improvements in content delivery for its customers and viewers.

This is not just making old content into subscription. This is the first major update to the Online Player since 2007, since the beta player’s debut earlier this year.

As you all remember the beta transition switch earlier this year… this new system in place is a result of months of hard work rebuilding both the back end and servers from the ground up to facilitate the growth and bandwidth surges over the last few months. They have a lot in store coming up.

• SVOD content for free Anime Network VOD viewers is now possible

For years, a lot of Comcast, Time Warner, Bright House, DirecTV viewers have been asking for SVOD content. Free from the limitation of Cable providers, Anime Network is now able to provide a lot of those exclusive SVOD and new content for everyone. You only need broadband internet. You’re not at the mercy of cable provider’s VOD anymore.

• New Online Premieres: Clannad, Princess Resurrection, Mahoromatic Season 1, 2 and Special, Kiba, Tsukihime, Cool Dimension - established fan favorites of ADV’s that are Premiering online for the first time: Azumanga Daioh, Elfen Lied, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World as well as classic older Out-of-Print titles like Sakura Wars and Orphen Season 1 that are rare finds. Exclusive new titles like Clannad and Princess Resurrection start out with several episodes and like their VOD schedule should get more new episodes in a future update. Other titles coming to Anime Network Online Player in the near future include Appleseed (2004 Movie), Lost Universe, Soul Hunter, and others.

• The beta site launched earlier this year has gotten a lot of new fixes both for the website and the forum, with new features in the works for future updates.

When I clicked comfirm my credit card info it had an error. Nothing is wrong with my credit card.

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

chrisc1978 wrote:

[quote]When I clicked comfirm my credit card info it had an error. Nothing is wrong with my credit card.

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)[/quote]

I’ll ask them to look into your account.

Anyone else experiencing any problems today with the processing?

I just tried it myself and it did not work.

I also had difficulties-- the first time I got the same error as everyone else, then I tried a second card and got this:

Error: 3-2-13-P—(TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

We’re trying right now to work on this issue, which will be fixed hopefully very soon. Thanks for the feedback everyone, we’ll be working hard on this til we can get it going again.

Would new videos be offered often, or the entire anime that only shows a few episodes right now? Any chance of an annual subscription soon? I would rather pay for a year then each month, like I do for Cruchyroll. Also when will Clannad be dubed?

Looking forward, thanks Rai! :slight_smile:

giapet wrote:

Welcome to the forums Gia! You’re everywhere! :wink:

I’ve had readers theorize that I was originally a forum spambot that eventually grew into an Internet-based otaku hivemind, or something to that extent. Always kinda liked the idea. :wink:

giapet wrote:

LOL. You are prolific. :slight_smile: I don’t know where you find the time to do everything you do! :laugh: Ever since starting my outpost on the net, ADVNation, it’s been quite time consuming and my topic reach is narrower by default, perhaps luckily for me.

The issue in question should be fixed now, one of our guys tried with a live Credit card and it went through. If anyone has anymore problems feel free to post in this thread. Thanks again!

Thanks it now works, I hope you have an annual payment option soon.

Thanks for your input chrisc, I’ll try to bring it up at our next meeting.

It helps that someone pays me full-time wages to do it! XD

giapet wrote:

Green is certainly a nice incentive!

Oh ADV… hint. LOL

I finally decided to register and when I got to the page where you enter your credit card, Firefox says that it is only partially encrypted. Is this something that they are going to change so that it is a totally secure transaction?

batou01 wrote:

Actually, this is what I’m waiting to hear about. Is this transaction going to be secure. I will usually see a “Trusted Site” icon on the page, but I see nothing. I do worry about online transactions, so let me know.
Slick

I’ll inquire what’s going on about the security again tomorrow as top priority.