Anime Network Online Community Help & Technical Support

Reported spam group. (TELEVISION)

Reported user for inappropriate avatar.

Okay here’s the scoop on what just happened when I tried to login just now. –

When I first loaded TAN and hit ‘Login’, immediately I was logged in as rish11. I tried logging out and back in, using my username and password, and it said I was then logged in as BlackLagoons. At this point, hitting ‘Logout’ did nothing right away. After a few tries, I was finally able to login as myself. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I know the site has just gone through maintenance, so there might be a bug or something.

Looks like there’s a bug with the group Bulletins that has popped up after the scheduled site maintenance.

I can create a simple one-line Bulletin, but the format editor no longer works at all for me at all.

Bold, Italic, Underline… nothing.
Edit HTML Source button… nothing.
None of the format buttons work.

I’m using IE9 if it matters.

I seem to be unable to post on anyone’s wall, whether at work (IE8) or at home. (Safari) Rish11 has told me that he can’t post on any walls either. I hope this is the right place to report this… :unsure:

MrsRish wrote:

Yes, this is the correct place. :slight_smile:

Someone sent me a message about this a few days ago and I have reported it to Admin.
It seems to have started shortly after the Maitenance.

I’ll check with them again and see if they’ve made any progress, thanks for updating me!

Update: Just checked and they are working on a fix (read upgrade), it’s just taking some time as it has to be tested out.

Hopefully, it will be ready before the end of the month. Keep those fingers crossed! :side:

Thanks! I have lots of annoying things to post on rish’s wall and am falling behind! :stuck_out_tongue:

The advance search option for the forums appears to not be working. I can open up the advance search, but it won’t let me enter any keywords. In fact, the block where the keywords would be entered appears to be missing altogether. The same goes for the search by User Name option.

I was attempting to locate the old Sentai License Wish List thread.

Mac OS X 10.6.8
2.66 GHz Intel i7 processor
4GB RAM
Safari 5.1

I’ve never been able to get the advanced search to work properly for me, though it does seem to be more tweeked than it was.

I usually just use the regular forum search.

Though it tends to not look up old threads.
But the Sentai Wishlist does pop up.

It seems to be working for me.

Cody, what you need to do is start with the word 'Keywords" and highlight the box and you’ll see where the line is to type in. For some reason, your cursor doesn’t go there automatically and the line doesn’t just show up.

Coffee, what you need to do is when you’re searching for an older thread is to go down under ‘Search Options’ and change the ‘Find Posts From’ “A Year Ago” to “Any Date”. Otherwise, they won’t look further back than just a year.

I’ll bring this up again with Administration again, I do so every few months or so.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]It seems to be working for me.

Cody, what you need to do is start with the word 'Keywords" and highlight the box and you’ll see where the line is to type in. For some reason, your cursor doesn’t go there automatically and the line doesn’t just show up[/quote]

I tried this already with no luck. When I highlight it, all I see is a faint line but I can’t select it or type on it.

Also, the thread is too old to use the generalized search.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]
Also, the thread is too old to use the generalized search.[/quote]

Really?
It comes up for me.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/childforums,1/exactname,1/func,advsearch/q,sentai%20wishlist/

And I was the last person to post in that thread too.

The last time I searched, I got 150 hits and none of them were what I was looking for. This time I type the same thing and get 7 hits. Go figure.

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]Looks like there’s a bug with the group Bulletins that has popped up after the scheduled site maintenance.

I can create a simple one-line Bulletin, but the format editor no longer works at all for me at all.

Bold, Italic, Underline… nothing.
Edit HTML Source button… nothing.
None of the format buttons work.

I’m using IE9 if it matters.[/quote]

I wanted to touch on this again, so it doesn’t get overlooked since it’s been a few weeks.

I just tried it again with the new group I made, and even though the editor is back to the normal complex one used before the scheduled site maintenance, it still doesn’t work at all for me.

None of the buttons work.

-edit 9/29-

Since I was putting up the new license/simulcast groups, I decided to try it again.
Still doesn’t work, though since nothing has been posted about it being fixed, I didn’t really expect it to.

However, because I was curious, and since no one else has come forth saying they have the same issue, I thought I might have blocked something important to the usage of the WYSIWYG editor via Tracking Protection for IE9 (though I don’t remember blocking anything recently).

Anyways, to test this theory, I decided to check out the full feature example on the TinyMCE site, and it works fine there.
So it definitely looks like it’s an issue linked to the site maintenance.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]MrsRish wrote:

Someone sent me a message about this a few days ago and I have reported it to Admin.

I’ll check with them again and see if they’ve made any progress, thanks for updating me!

Update: Just checked and they are working on a fix (read upgrade), it’s just taking some time as it has to be tested out.

Hopefully, it will be ready before the end of the month. Keep those fingers crossed! :side:[/quote]

I see that the site was down for maintenance this morning, but walls still don’t seem to work. Obviously, this is not an urgent issue. Just me being hopeful. :slight_smile:

MrsRish wrote:

[quote]Slowhand wrote:

Hopefully, it will be ready before the end of the month. Keep those fingers crossed! :side:

I see that the site was down for maintenance this morning, but walls still don’t seem to work. Obviously, this is not an urgent issue. Just me being hopeful. :)[/quote]

The site being down this morning was a technical glitch… not really maintenance. That screen popped up automatically.

I did hand in a report listing that problem with a few other glitches I’ve found recently.

Administration is gearing up to go to NYCC/NYAF so they are splitting their workload a little bit, it may take a while for them to get to everything.

Please be patient a little longer, thanks very, very much! :side:

Forgot your password is not working. After you attempt to input the token, it kicks you back to the “Lost your password / Please enter your email address” page when you get it right. Fortunately, the old password isn’t changed at this point so you aren’t locked out.

bayoab wrote:

Thank you for the report, we are currently checking it out now.

My wall hasn’t worked in months, is that just me?

fillet wrote:

No, it’s just one of many glitches that I handed in a week or so ago.

Admin is working on them.