Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2010)

Newshawk wrote:

That has actually been going on for the rest of us for a couple updates now, except, we didn’t even get category bumpers, it just jumps right into the episode.

And while I’m on the subject, it’s not really all that much of an issue, but since we’ve been missing all the TAN specific bumpers and commercials, the first .5 to 1.0 seconds of each series is cut off from the begining. It’s really only noticeable on series that immediately start singing in the OP when it starts (Maid-sama!, Kimikiss: Pure Rouge, etc…).

Let’s take Kimikiss for example.
It starts singing with ‘Kiss kiss koishiteru yo’ which you see with the subs.
But audibly, ‘kiss kiss’ is being cut off and it jumps right into ‘koishiteru yo’.

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]And while I’m on the subject, it’s not really all that much of an issue, but since we’ve been missing all the TAN specific bumpers and commercials, the first .5 to 1.0 seconds of each series is cut off from the begining. It’s really only noticeable on series that immediately start singing in the OP when it starts (Maid-sama!, Kimikiss: Pure Rouge, etc…).

Let’s take Kimikiss for example.
It starts singing with ‘Kiss kiss koishiteru yo’ which you see with the subs.
But audibly, ‘kiss kiss’ is being cut off and it jumps right into ‘koishiteru yo’.[/quote]

For what it’s worth, just checked KimiKiss ~ Pure Rouge ep. 2 (the only one presently with bumps in front of the episode) against ep. 4 (last week’s episode without bumps), and both episodes’ video and audio start at exactly the same point. It should be the same for all other episodes in all other series as well - haven’t noticed any missing content at the front of any non-bumped episodes.

What does happen is that, when an episode is ordered, sometimes the audio and video take a short amount of time time to actually appear on the screen - usually only a second or two, but sometimes up to 5-10 seconds - in that time, you see the “Thank you. Enjoy your show.” screen. In the meantime, the episode has actually already started playing - it starts as soon as it is ordered. So once it actually appears on-screen, it is already that amount of time into the episode.

So while it seems as though the episode itself is incomplete, it isn’t - it just takes time for the box to start showing content from the stream on-screen. This happens with bumped episodes as well - if the delay is especially long, it may start showing on-screen several seconds into the Anime Network bump.

If this happens again, rewinding to the beginning of the episode should allow you to see the content that got skipped - it should start playing as soon as it hits the beginning of the episode. There may be some minor audio/video glitches/stutters as the sync catches up, but you should be able to see everything. If that doesn’t work, of course, there may be something specific happening locally or even regionally - definitely post back if that’s the case.

Full update received! :cheer: Maid-Sama! 16 hasn’t been fixed yet, though. :frowning:

[size=5]December 2, 2010: TWC, 79925[/size]

[size=3]Received: All (16)[/size]

[size=2]Action Zone[/size]
[size=3]

• Canaan 09 - “Flowers of the Past”
  • Demon King Daimao (subbed) 07 - “The Legendary Hero Emerges!”
  • Ghost Hound 18 - “Holographic Paradigm”
  • Ghost Sweeper Mikami (subbed) 01 - “Here Comes the Super Sexy Exorcist!” >>NEW!<<
  • Golgo 13 23 - “Jet Stream”
  • High School of the Dead (subbed) 08 - “The DEAD Way Home”
  • Tears to Tiara 25 - “Merkadis”
  • Tears to Tiara 26 - “Power of Words” >>FINAL!<<
  • Tytania (subbed) 17 - “A Too Costly Ransom”
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories 14 - “Cerulean Skies”
  • You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious (subbed) 07 - “The Return of Strike Man”[/size]

[size=2]Girl Power[/size]
[size=3]

• KimiKiss ~ Pure Rouge (subbed) 05 - “Jump Up”
  • La Corda D’Oro ~ Primo Passo (subbed) 16 - “The Lying Violin”
  • Maid-Sama! (subbed) 18 - “Maid-Sama is a Footman”
  • Uta~Kata (subbed) 01 - “Early Summer of Chance Meeting” >>NEW!<<[/size]

[size=2]Super Happy Funtime[/size]
[size=3]

• Hidamari Sketch x365 (subbed) 04 - “March 16 to 23, Mellow Tuna Flavor / October 31, Gagagaga”[/size]

The Anime Network 12/02, 15 episodes; 2 premieres, 1 finale on http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV Channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Canaan (09) Talk of the Past
Demon King Daimao (sub) (07) The Legendary Hero Emerges!
Ghost Hound (English dub) (18) Holographic Paradigm
^ Ghost Sweeper Mikami (sub) (01) First Appearance of the Exorcist! (premiere)
Golgo_13 (23) Jetstream
Hidamari Sketch x365 (sub) (04) March 16-23: Mellow Tuna Flavor / October 31: Gagagaga
High School of the Dead (sub) (08) Act 8 - The DEAD Way Home
Kimikiss: Pure Rouge (sub) (05) Jump Up
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo (sub) (16) The Lying Violin
Maid-Sama (sub) (18) Even The Maid is Footman
Tears to Tiara (English dub) (25) Merkadis
$ Tears to Tiara (English dub) (26) Power of Words (finale)
Tytania (sub) (17) Overpriced Ransom
^ Uta-Kata (sub) (01) Early Summer’s Encounter (premiere)
Xam’d:Lost Memories (14) Cerulean Skies
You’re Under Arrest 2nd (sub) (07) The Return of Strike Man

Notes:

*) Episode 20 of Tears to Tiara from 11/11 never arrived.

^ Ghost Sweeper Mikami (sub) (01) First Appearance of the Exorcist! (premiere)
^ Uta-Kata (sub) (01) Early Summer’s Encounter (premiere)

*) One finale

$ Tears to Tiara (English dub) (26) Power of Words (finale)

*) The http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV has been updated for December.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Ch1889_12_02.jpgNote: Two images are swapped; upper right is Canaan and lower right is Uta-Kata.
https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/dodMovies.jsp?category=Interests&subcategory=Animation (broken link as of 12/01) 1w A Canaan - - - - - - - - - - - 06, 07, 08, 09+ 1w A Demon King Daimo (sub)- - - - 04, 05, 06, 07+ 1w S Eyeshield_21 (sub)- - - - - - 24, 25, 26 "finale" 1w A Ghost Hound (English dub) - - 15, 16, 17, 18+ 1w A Ghost Sweeper Mikami (sub)- - __, __, __, 01+ 1w A Gintama (sub) - - - - - - - - 26 "season finale" 1w A Golgo_13 - - - - - - - - - - 20, 21, 22, 23+ 1w A Hell Girl: Two Mirrors (sub) - 24, 25, 26 "finale" 1w G Hidamari Sketch x365 (sub) - - 01, 02, 03, 04+ 1w A High School of the Dead - - - 05, 06, 07, 08+ 1w G Kimikiss: Pure Rouge (sub) - - 02, 03, 04, 05+ 1w G LaCorda dOro PrimoPasso(sub) - 13, 14, 15, 16+ 1w G Maid-Sama (sub) - - - - - - - 15, 16, 17, 18+ 1w G Shigofumi (sub) - - - - - - - 12, 13 "finale" 2x A Tears to Tiara (English dub)- 19 -20"*" 21 22 23 24 25+ 26+ 1w A Tytania (sub) - - - - - - - - 14, 15, 16, 17+ 1w G Uta-Kata (sub)- - - - - - - - __, __, __, 01+ 1w A Xam`d:Lost Memories - - - - - 11, 12, 13, 14+ 1w A YUA 2nd Season (sub)- - - - - 04, 05, 06, 07+
Updates arrived sometime before 11:45pm; previously they were at 12:01am local time.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6893/500.gif

AniMite wrote:

It’s not an error, Charter SVOD has been bumped up to 45 hours a month, as Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network in the Announcement section.

For those that have already had a higher monthly allotment (Cablevision, AT&T, etc…) these are series that have been scheduled for them. So we were bumped up to that schedule, sadly that means that we will be coming into these series in that schedule cycle, but we will catch all series that start later from this point on from the begining.

Exactly like what happens when we first subscribbed to TAN.

AniMite wrote:

I tested the rewind theory with this weeks YUA:F&F Ep. 07, and it actually worked!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/thecoffeegod/smilies/biggthumpup.gifThanks for that!
It wasn’t really a major issue, but it did make me curious. Glad to see it’s something as simple as lag between the stream and the box.

Charter Glendale, CA 91205

[size=4]Update Received On Thurs. 02 at 12am[/size]

Looks like December schedules are not up yet.
With the inclusion of all the new series this week for all Charter customers, http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,3/func,view/id,69006/, I’m actually quite surprised I’m not missing stuff.

Kimikiss: Pure Rouge Ep. 05 got moved though, instead of being in Super Happy Funtime like the begining of the series, it moved to Girl Power

Received 7 New shows this week:

[size=4]Uta-kata (Subbed)
Ghost Sweeper Mikami (Subbed)
Azumanga Daioh
Angelic Layer
Get Backers
Ghost Stories
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
[/size]

[size=4]Received (December 02)[/size]

• Uta-kata (Subbed) Ep. 01 ___(New)
• Ghost Sweeper Mikami (Subbed) Ep. 01 ___(New)
• Ghost Stories Ep. 03 ___(New)
• Lunar Legend Tsukihime Ep. 09 ___(New)
• Get Backers Ep. 35 & 36 ___(New)
• Azumanga Daioh Ep. 09 & 10 ___(New)
• Angelic Layer Ep. 23 ___(New)
• Golgo 13 Ep. 23
• Kimikiss: Pure Rouge (Subbed) Ep. 05
• You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious (Subbed) Ep. 07
• Hidamari Sketch x365 (Subbed) Ep. 04
• Xam’d: Lost Memories Ep. 14
• La Corda D’Oro ~primo passo~ (Subbed) Ep. 16
• Tytania (Subbed) Ep. 17
• Maid-Sama! (Subbed) Ep. 18
• Demon King Daimao (Subbed) Ep. 07
• Highschool of the Dead (Subbed) Ep. 08
• Ghost Hound Ep. 18
• Canaan Ep. 09
• Tears To Tiara Ep. 25 & 26

[size=4]Did Not Receive (December 02)[/size]

Cablevision In Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

:frowning: A bad a week as nothing is up and since it’s seems to be a cablevision problem I have no idea when they will be up. WWE’s vod has only two had things up in 27 plus hours. Who knows maybe will be up by morning or who knows. Of course no schedule for December either. Also Maid!-Sama episode 16 that cuts off is gone and replacement hasn’t come up.

Missing that I know of:
Angelic Layer 23
Canaan 09
Demon King Daimao 07
Get Backers 35 and 36
Ghost Hound Dub 18
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 01
Ghost Stories 03
Golgo 13 23
Highschool Of The Dead 08
Tears To Tiara Dub 25 and 26
Tsukihime 09
Tytania 17
X’amd 14
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious 07
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo 16
Maid-Sama! 16 (correct version) and 18
Uta~Kata 01
Azumanga Daioh 09 and 10
Hidamari Sketch x365 04
Kimikiss Pure Rouge 05

Cogeco, St-Hyacinthe, QC, J2S 2Y1

There are two episodes missing :

• Ghost Sweeper Mikami 01
  • Hidamari Sketch x365 04

The Coffee God wrote:

Ah, thanks for that, CG. Usually only get here to post reports and check on outstanding issues, so missed that (great) news.

Also, Hidamari Sketch x365 ep. 4 has finally appeared, and did find Kimi Kiss ep. 4 hiding away in Girl Power as mentioned, so at this point looks like the (hopefully temporarily) missing Maid-Sama! 16 is the only issue. The report has been updated with all of this new information.

[quote]For those that have already had a higher monthly allotment (Cablevision, AT&T, etc…) these are series that have been scheduled for them. So we were bumped up to that schedule, sadly that means that we will be coming into these series in that schedule cycle, but we will catch all series that start later from this point on from the begining.

Exactly like what happens when we first subscribbed to TAN.[/quote]

Fortunately, already own Azumanga Daioh (original box set) on DVD, and unlike when first subscribed, have previously seen Tsukihime and Ghost Stories on TAN. So only Get Backers and Angelic Layer are “casualties” of the increase. As mentioned, really hard to come into a series part-way, especially as far in as those two series currently are.

[quote]I tested the rewind theory with this weeks YUA:F&F Ep. 07, and it actually worked!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/thecoffeegod/smilies/biggthumpup.gifThanks for that!
It wasn’t really a major issue, but it did make me curious. Glad to see it’s something as simple as lag between the stream and the box.[/quote]

Excellent! Great that it wasn’t something else, and also that the explanation made sense - was super-late and was super-tired when typing it up. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are actually benefits to, and most likely the reasons for, the beginning and end bumps. The beginning bumps ensure that, by the time the episode starts, things are totally synced up and you don’t miss anything. And the end bump (logo) gives you the chance to rewind the content before it drops you back to the selection menu (assuming there aren’t any extra credits at the end of the episode).

AniMite wrote:

[quote]Eyeshield 21, ep. 27 did not appear this week, though since ep. 26 likely meant the end of a TV season, new episodes may not yet be available - similar to the situation with Glass Mask. As such, it will be assumed that this was not an error.
[/quote]

You are correct, Eyeshield 21 finished the season with Ep 26.

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for December 2, 2010:
Canaan 9 - "Flowers of the Past!"
Demon King Daimao 7 - "The Legendary Hero Emerges!"
Ghost Hound 18 - "Holographic Paradigm!"
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 1 - “Here Comes the Super Sexy Exorcist!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Golgo 13 23 - "Jet Stream!"
Hidamari Sketch x365 4 - "March 16-23: Mellow Tuna Flavor / October 31: Gagagaga!"
Highschool of the Dead 8 - "The DEAD Way Home!"
Kimikiss ~ Pure Rouge 5 - "Jump Up!"
La Corda d’Oro 16 - "The Lying Violin!"
Maid-Sama! 18 - "Maid Sama is a Footman!"
Tears to Tiara 25 - "Merkadis!"
Tears to Tiara 26 - “Power of Words!” <FINAL EPISODE>
Tytania 17 - "A Too Costly Ransom!"
Uta~Kata 1 - “Early Summer of Chance Meeting!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Xam’d: Lost Memories 14 - "Cerulean Skies!"
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious 7 - “The Return of Strike Man!”
<>

AT&T Fort Worth, TX 76107

December 2, 2010 - Full update received. (Demon King Daimao 7 was a day late)

Received:
Angelic Layer 23
Azumanga Daioh 9
Azumanga Daioh 10
Canaan 9
Demon King Daimao 7
Get Backers 35
Get Backers 36
Ghost Hound 18
Ghost Stories 3
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 1
Golgo 13 - 23
Hidamari Sketch x365 - 4
High School of the Dead 8
KimiKiss~Pure Rouge 5
La Corda d’Oro~Primo Passo 16
Maid-Sama! 18
Tears to Tiara 25
Tears to Tiara 26
Tsukihime 9
Tytania 17
Uta Kata 1
Xam’d 14
You’re Under Arrest 2 - 7

[size=4]DirecTV Customers: Concerning Tears to Tiara![/size]

Please thank SpaceCobraJoe for suggesting it, I just passed it along. :slight_smile:

Some stuff is up but most are still missing. Really no idea if all be up by midnight or tomorrow. WWE vod still been slow updating so cablevision still having problems. Sorry about this but just explaining what I think the problem is and why I think there is no update.

Came up so far:
Angelic Layer 23
Canaan 09
Get Backers 35
Tsukihime 09
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious 07
Azumanga Daioh 10

Missing:
Demon King Daimao 07
Get Backers 36
Ghost Hound Dub 18
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 01
Ghost Stories 03
Golgo 13 23
Tytania 17
X’amd 14
Maid-Sama! 16 (correct version) and 18
Uta~Kata 01
Azumanga Daioh 09
Hidamari Sketch x365 04
Kimikiss Pure Rouge 05

Supermutant wrote:

[quote]Cablevision In Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Some stuff is up but most are still missing. Really no idea if all be up by midnight or tomorrow. WWE vod still been slow updating so cablevision still having problems. Sorry about this but just explaining what I think the problem is and why I think there is no update.[/quote]

This is perfectly fine, I find this interesting, so continue on with it. :slight_smile:

Good news is that most of the stuff is up except for Ghost Sweeper Mikami 01 (got the first dvd today too) and full episode of Maid-Sama! 16. Weird thing KimKiss 05 came up and Girls Power instead of the usual Super Happy Fun Time where 1-4 was. Also i’m not sure what to make of what your said slowhand.

No Longer Missing:
Demon King Daimao 07
Get Backers 36
Ghost Hound Dub 18
Ghost Stories 03
Tytania 17
X’amd 14
Kimikiss Pure Rouge 05
Maid-Sama! 18
Uta~Kata 01
Azumanga Daioh 09
Hidamari Sketch x365 04

Still missing:
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 01
Golgo 13 23
Maid-Sama! 16 (correct version)

Supermutant wrote:

I just meant that I enjoy seeing how the process works in all the different providers, so I don’t mind when you post and explain how you know how stuff is working (or not working).

Okay. Just wanted to make sure and not mis understand something. When several vods are slow updating it’s probably cable company. Not hard to figure that out.

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]However, if you go here:
https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/dodMovies.jsp?category=Interests
and then filter to “Anime Network (1889)” you’ll get just the offerings for Anime Network on Demand on DirecTV CINEMAplus.
[/quote]

That link stopped working on December 1st, which was the main point of my http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,33086/limit,10/limitstart,1380/#69355.

-Joe

P.S. Over 500! No longer a “Junior Boarder”.

Edit: This post was number 501; I did not notice at the time for http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,33086/limit,10/limitstart,1389/, but Slowhand was looking out for me.

[size=4]DirecTV Customers: Concerning Tears to Tiara![/size]

Please thank SpaceCobraJoe for suggesting it, I just passed it along. :slight_smile: