Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2015)

[quote=“sarcazm7, post:820, topic:7878”]
hamatora 01 shows up as new, shows up also as hayate the combat butler 11 in graphic/plot summary?[/quote]
You’re talking about the summary that shows up on your TV VOD, correct?

don’t have blue spring ride series at all - used to but it’s gone[/quote]
Blue Spring Ride, Problem Children, Sabagebu & Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! should be for FREE VOD users only, FIOS Providers are Subscription VOD.
You shouldn’t have received any of these.

am 2 eps behind on girls und panzer (rec’d 11 and 12[/quote]
The numbering is off for these episodes. You did received 11 & 12 and that’s correct.
If you were to look at the Online Player, you would see that these are actually episodes 13 & 14.
(Eps 6 & 12 are subtitled only, so are skipped in the Dubbed version.)

It looks as if you’re missing:
Sep 3 - Windy Tales, Ep 3
Sep 10 - Student Council’s Discretion Level 2, Ep 3

1 Like

my print version starts with september 24th 2015. then august 13th. then august 20th. thanks for pointing that out though. though even with the ‘details’ link that’s a lot of back and forth.

mine says i’m only supposed to get girls und panzer 11 & 12?

and yes re: hamatora 01, which shows up in super happy fun time? so either i’m missing hayate 11 or hamatora 01 - one is real, one is not. not watching hayate so i don’t know yet.

also… OY VEY and thank you for the explanation. i own girls und panzer so that doesn’t bug me but i’m gonna go watch my unlimited psychic squad and hope things sort themselves out soon. it’s too early in the morning for me to be confused in three languages.

1 Like

[quote=“sarcazm7, post:824, topic:7878”]
and yes re: hamatora 01, which shows up in super happy fun time? so either i’m missing hayate 11 or hamatora 01 - one is real, one is not. not watching hayate so i don’t know yet.[/quote]
This week you should be getting:
Hamatora - Ep 1
Hayate the Combat Butler: Can’t Take My Eyes Off You - Eps 11 & 12

[quote=“sarcazm7, post:824, topic:7878”]
my print version starts with september 24th 2015. then august 13th. then august 20th. thanks for pointing that out though. though even with the ‘details’ link that’s a lot of back and forth.[/quote]
Not sure why Sept 24 starts at the top, that’s a bug Admin is working on. The schedule should be in Date Order.

Updates Received/Not Received 9/10/15 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Just the short version : Same as Slowhand:

All shows scheduled for this week received;

Still Missing in Action:

Student Council II #2

Notes:

1. Small Title Anomaly of the Week: Student Council II #3 appears in the channel list as Student Council 03"–i.e., they dropped the “2” that differentiates the second season episodes from the first season’s.

This Week’s Comments on the New Schedule Webpage:

I still miss the old, sortable, searchable webpage, but I guess we’ve got to live in this brave new world, so,

1. On the plus side, now that the “Details” link in the calendar actually toggles the display of that series’ episode, uh, details (as opposed to taking you to that series’ webpage under “The Shows”, like it did when I was first playing around with it last week), it’s much more useful…

1)…but it would also be nice to be able to toggle the on/off for the details of just the shows for a given week as well, since it’s at least as likely that’s what someone is interested in. Maybe a “Details” link in the week box at the top of the column?

1. sarcazm7’s point is well taken–those two buttons are small, inconspicuous, and pretty darn cryptic–I only puzzled out what they did last week because I stubbornly and utterly refused to believe there wasn’t some text version hiding somewhere. Making them bigger and labelling them something like “Calendar” or “Calendar View” or “Tile View” versus “Listings” or “List” or “List View” or “Text View” would be a lot more functional. Which leads me to…

2. The Calendar View button on the Calendar page serves no purpose–you’re already on the Calendar page, so clicking it doesn’t take you anywhere. Ditto for the “Listings” button on the Listings/Text page. So you can eliminate those buttons, freeing up the space to make the remaining, useful button bigger, more salient…and therefore more useful to someone seeing the page for the first time. Which in turn leads to…

4)…how about <gasp!> actually putting a line or two of instructions on the page, something like

Click Details to see episode details;
Click Listings for a detailed text-only list;
Click on a series’ icon to go to that series’ webpage;
Select a series from the dropdown box for episode details;

That’s another way to make the calendar a lot friendlier to the first-time visitor. Leading to…

5)…two minor quibbles about the dropdown box:
(a) “FVOD30” is something we all understand and are used to, but it’s pretty opaque to the general public. Why not “Free Video On Demand This Month”, which ordinary folks would actually understand?

(b) once you choose “FVOD30”, there’s no way to untoggle the details except by going through and clicking the Details link for each series–or refreshing the page. This seems suboptimal;

1. And lastly, duplicate the scroll bar at the bottom of the page on the top as well, just under where the dropdown and Text/Calendar buttons are now. There’s no good reason to make a user scroll down to the bottom of the page, scroll over, and then scroll back up. It’s an annoying waste of their time.

That’s it for now; sorry for the long post.

Thanks!

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

I am missing the same episodes as falingtrea and theboyd.

Student Council Discretion Level 2 (02) is still missing from last week’s update.

1 Like

Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC J2S 5L6

Full update received !

1 Like

Cox Cable, San Diego, CA

Still missing episode on Anime On Demand:

“Windy Tales”, Ep. 3.

1 Like

DirecTv IL 60935

1 Like

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

No Longer Missing from 9/10/15 update:
BTOOOM! 11
Saiyuki 6
Unlimited Psychic Squad 10
Devils & Realist 12
Elfen Lied 1
Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses 7
Girls und Panzer 11 and 12
Mysterious Girlfriend X 3 and 4
She, The Ultimate Weapon 13
Windy Tales 4
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 6
DD Fist of the North Star 8
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 3 and 4
Guardian Ninja Mamoru 5
Hamatora the Animation 1
Hayate the Combat Butler! Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You 12
Space Brothers 24 and 25
Student Council’s Discretion Level Two 3

Still Missing from 9/10/15 update:
BTOOOM! 12
Hayate the Combat Butler! Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You 11

Still Missing from 9/3/15 update:
Windy Tales 3

1 Like

[quote=“Supermutant, post:831, topic:7878”]
Labyrinth of Grisaia 2[/quote]
This is a movie - there is no more.

1 Like

Fixed. Didn’t even know that. Confused me by the one next to it on VOD.

1 Like

TWC Carson, CA 90745

Sorry about not reporting this last week - the new TAN schedule went wonky on me when I tried to access it last week, (images flickering as it was designed for a much wider screen than I had, stuttering and stopping when I tried to select details on a specific title). It seems to me that TAN assumes that we had trouble reading and tried to help us by adding images of the various titles. No matter that the pages sop up bandwidth for little gain. If they want images, why not just set them at the top of the page, and bring back the old schedule format (if you click on the printed version, we’ll need to scroll down a lot as the month goes on).

I’m also missing Student Council’s Discretion Level 2 Episode 2 (from 9/3 update). I’ll try to contact TWC about this, but contacting them about missing TAN updates is a LONG exercise in (usually) useless frustration.

1 Like

DirecTV, Palatine, IL 60067

As of 10:55 pm CDT 9/11/15, the following episodes are missing:
Problem Children - 3
Girls Und Panzer - 12
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2 - 2 (from last week)
Windy Tales - 4

1 Like

Charter Communications Bristol, TN. 37620

Received all updates for 9/10

Still missing for 9/3

Windy Tales- 3

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Still no sign of the missing episodes. Come to think of it, I believe Problem Children (03) popped up not too long ago on VOD when it wasn’t supposed to have. Perhaps this screwed up the scheduling. Just a thought.

1 Like

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

No Longer Missing from 9/10/15 update:
BTOOOM! 12

Hayate the Combat Butler! Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You 11

Still Missing from 9/3/15 update:
Windy Tales 3

1 Like

Direct TV FL 33563

Missing these still

Problem Children - 3
Girls Und Panzer - 12
Student Council’s Discretion Level 2 - 2 (from last week)
Windy Tales - 4

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Ditto. Does anyone know if we’re ever going to get these episodes, especially Student Council Discretion Level 2 (02) from the week before.

1 Like

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

9/10/2015 UPDATES:
All updates received.

9/3/2015 UPDATES MISSING:
Windy Tales 03

1 Like

Eastlink TV

Sept 3 Update:
Still missing:
Windy Tales 03

Sept 10
Missing:
Devils & Realist 12
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 4
Other issues:
As I think someone else mentioned, Hayate 11 comes up as Hamataro 01 in the VOD List. but the description info is for Hayate 11, and the actuall video is also Hayate 11. It comes up in Super happy fun time where Hayate is, where the real Hamataro is in Action Zone.

1 Like