Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2015)

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

12/3/2015 UPDATES MISSING:
Punch Line 01

1 Like

Direct TV FL 33563

Missing everything from last week still except Love Stage and never got Ruin Explorers 4 from 2 weeks ago. Then again, the schedule for December wasnā€™t put up until last week, doesnā€™t surprise me that the shows are even slower to go up. Iā€™m not as angry as the other dude, but heā€™s absolutely right when he says this is pathetic. Direct TV gets their check every month, this is unacceptable. I donā€™t know if the problem is on ANā€™s end, DirecTVā€™s end, or everyone involved is screwing up, but enough is enough. Someone needs to sort this out.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

From the 12/3 update, these episodes were uploaded sometime this afternoon: DD Fist of the North Star (04), Devils and Realist (03), Fate/Stay Night (09), Gourmet Girl Graffiti (05), Hamatora the Animation (04), Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) (07), Hozukiā€™s Coolheadedness (07), Love Stage (10) and Persona 4 (07)

From the 12/3 update, this is the only episode missing: Akame ga Kill (01) [Which still doesnā€™t make sense to me, since itā€™s being aired on Toonami/Adult Swim at the moment]

And Ruin Explorers (04) from 11/26 update is no longer missing.

1 Like

I know this might sound like a very stupid question, but is there difference to this Akame ga Kill from the one thatā€™s being aired on Toonami/Adult Swim.

I already know itā€™s subtitled. I also know itā€™s unedited and uncut. I am just wondering if the one thatā€™s being aired on Toonami/Adult Swim is same or not.

1 Like

The one on AS is in english and looks edited so thereā€™s that right off the bat.

1 Like

I donā€™t see how Akame no Kill being broadcast on AS has any bearing on whether it is available on SVOD. But typically AS puts shows on their VOD channel while airing them,so I think it is nice to have the subtitled option on AN.

1 Like

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Note: Iā€™m still waiting for answers to all your questions. As soon as I hear something, Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

Regarding Akame ga Kill! for FREE VOD:

Akame (Subtitled) is being sent out to Free VOD users - SVOD users got it last December.
Itā€™s a coincidence that itā€™s airing on Toonami at this time.

Admin is checking into why it hasnā€™t been delivered (along with all the other reports).

Same here. Everything else shows as lisedā€¦ Schedule is screwed up with NovemberAFTER Decemberā€¦

Only reason I can figure Akame ga Kill didnā€™t show up is Adult Swm still had it airing English dubbed episodes on VOD. I even checked there for it, but only 12~15 appeard in the AS VOD section.

Errors often occur when the same title program is airing on more than one channel for VOD with TWCā€¦ worst possible scheduling conflictas far as I can tellā€¦especially when AS and TAN VOD are both on CEOD channelā€¦

1 Like

If you read the post right above yours, I clearly stated that Akame ga Kill should be airing and that the Adult Swim airing is a coincidence.

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

12/3/2015 UPDATES:
Punch Line 01 showed up today, completing this weekā€™s updates here.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, but ā€œairingā€ is NOT VODā€¦ when Encore and TNT both had LotR and TNT was supposed to have it on VOD, it never showed up because Encore already had it and TWC said the same show will only appear on 1 VOD due to airing rightsā€¦

So if Akame was only airing LIVE on AS, then it might not be the same problem since TAN has no live airings, but both happen to be on VODā€¦

So as I said, poor scheduling. It isnā€™t a coincidence since AS has beena nouncing Akame for several months and is reairing it.

The coincidence then would be someone scheduling it for TAN while AS is already done airing its first run and second run, and is on its 3rd run airing Akame ga Kill. No matter that SVOD got it last year this time, most people have already seen it on ASā€¦ so it is kind of pointless now to air on TAN VOD jsut for FREE-VOD users cause they could hae already seen it dubbed or bought home video to watch it subbed by now.

I can see it as Sentai wanting the most traction for future possible airings on AS and allowing it to run as long as AS wants it to and can like InuYasha, DBZ, CowBoy Bebop, GitS, and so many others to take the wind out of the sails of Funimation and anyone else to get Sentai more general public notice. So it is better Akame to be on AS than TAN VODā€¦

again coincidence or not on the scheduling, TWC probably figured it was an error since they may have already looked and notice Akame is on AS VODā€¦and we all know how inept TWC is at accepting fault with themselves and fixing things, not to mention they donā€™t care since they are waiting to be fired if Comcast shold have been alt to buy them or now if Charter and John Malone is allowed to buy themā€¦

I still donā€™t think it could be called a coincidence since EVERYONE in the anime community knew Akame was airing on AS, how did the one scheduling TAN VOD not know? You still post the anime on TV thread to my knowledgeā€¦so it is even on the TAN forums that AS is airing Akame right now. :confused:

1 Like

Movies are a different animal altogether - and licensing rights are different for every series/channel.

Also, since AgK is airing different versions (Dubbed/Subtitled) on these two channels, there isnā€™t any crossover between the two.

AS had Akame ga Kill 15 as of last night. Now it also has Akame ga Kill 15 HD added today. So TWC possibly messed up on more than one episode. I checked and both episodes on AS are the EXACT same. Only other thing I figure if TWC didnt mess up pushing both, is they pushed TAN show into AS, and linked it and named it the old Akame episode from last week for AS.

(:confused:/)

1 Like

Admittedly I just checked last night so I donā€™t know when the update took place but things have been updated. Hopefully tomorrow morning when I look the new updates will be there; fingers crossed.

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 12/10/15 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version: Everything but Hayate I #8 and La Storia della Arcana Famigilia #1 has arrived; Akame ga Kill #1 still missing from last week.

The long version:

Received:

Akame ga Kill 2

DD Fist 5

Devils & Realist 4

Fate/Stay Night 10

Gourmet Girl Graffiti 6

Hamatora 5

Hozuki 8

My Teenage SNAFU 1

Persona IV 8

Missing in Action:

Arcana Famiglia 1

Hayate I 8

Still Missing from 12/3/15:

Akame ga Kill 1

Appearing Incongruously:

None

Notes:

None

Thanks!

1 Like

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Missing from 12/10/15 update:
Eden of Grisaia 9 and 10
Fate / Stay Night (TV) 10
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 11
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia 1
Punch Line 2
RIN-NE 4
Saiyuki 19
To loveru Darkness 11 and 12
Triage X 10
Wish Upon the Pleiades 3
Food Wars! 9
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties (Season 1) 8
My Love Story!! 11 and 12
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! 8
Persona Four 8
Space Brothers 49
Utano Princesama Revolutions 1

Still Missing from 12/3/15 update:
Punch Line 1
Persona Four 7

Still Missing From 11/26/15 update:
Ruin Explorers 4
To loveru Darkness 8
Triage X 8
Elfen Lied 12
Space Brothers 47

1 Like

Time Warner cable Phoenix, NY 13135

seemed like i am missing Akame Ga kill episode 1 from the December 3rd update. From the December 10th update I am missing La Storia Della Arcana Famigilia 1. Everything else checks out.

1 Like

DirecTV Indiana 46544

Nothing from the 12/10 group received yet. AgK still missing from the 12/3 group.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

I can also confirm that not a single episode from the 12/10 update has been uploaded. Akame Ga Kill (01) from the 12/3 update is still a no show.

1 Like