Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2016)

FYI COX Communications users:

We received reports back from their Ondemand techs that the missing shows should now be available.

Thank you,
-Mo-

1 Like

Eastlink TV

Feb 25
All Received

Mar 03
All received

Mar 10
Still missing:
Hayate 21

Mar 17
Missing:
Gatchaman Crowds insight 09

Other issues: Iā€™m curious about To Love Ru Darkness 2, the last episode (12) has a preview for another episode (and the story doesnā€™t finish). Is this the way itā€™s supposed to be?

1 Like

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

3/17/2016 UPDATES:
All updates received.

1 Like

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back:

@gymanime

2 Likes

Cox San Diego CA

Missing episode

To Love Ru Darkness #11 - this is the last week Not much time left !

Received

Monster Musume #3

@gymanime

Why didnā€™t you report this episode missing when you reported Monster Musume (theyā€™re from the same update)?

Or did you receive it and it disappeared?

The April Schedules are now live.

2 Likes

Iā€™m late asking this question, but Iā€™m also behind schedule in my viewing ( and Crowdfiller already asked the question )

I thought To Love Ru Darkness 2 would be 12 episodes, like most other seasons, but ep. 12 ends with a preview for ep. 13. A quick Wikipedia search shows the series has 14 episodes.

Is there a reason why the last two episodes arenā€™t shown ?

===============

Speaking of being late : Full update received for 03/17

===============

While Iā€™m at it : Is the current Utawarerumono show a prequel or remake of the original show that ADV had ?

===============

Ok, Iā€™m done.

1 Like

Iā€™m checking on this.

EDIT: Episodes 13 & 14 are OVA episodes.
While thereā€™s no official word, I would guess that AN doesnā€™t have permission to show them at this time.

Itā€™s a retelling of the original series.

1 Like

COX Users,

Our COX contact responded back that all of the scheduled content has been delivered.

-Mo-

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 3/24/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

Letā€™s seeā€¦
[sounds of rummaging around through the listings]
Yep, theyā€™re all here.

The long version:

Received:

Akame ga Kill 17

Eden of Grisaia 10

Hayate I 23

Is It Wrong, etc.? 4

My Love Story!! 8

My Teen SNAFU Too 3

Nobunaga 12

Personna IV 23

Say I Love You 7

Super Sonico 11

Triage X 10

Missing in Action:

None

Appearing Incongruously:

None

Notes:

None

Thanks!

1 Like

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for March 24, 2016:

Akame ga Kill! 17 - "Kill the Curse!"
The Eden of Grisaia 9 - ā€œThe Seed of Blanc Aile! Part 6ā€ (FINAL EPISODE)
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 23 - "A Non-Kiddy Genius Teacher Appears!"
Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 4 - "(Supporter) / WEAKLING"
My Love Story!! 8 - "My Friend!"
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! 3 - "Quietly, Yukinoshita Yukino Makes a Decision!"
Nobunaga the Fool 12 - "The Fool!"
Persona 4 23 - "In Order to Find the Truth!"
Say I Love You 7 - "I Really Love You!"
Soni-Ani: SUPER SONICO The Animation 11 - "A Saint Comes to Town!"
Triage X 10 - ā€œHowā€™s the Water?ā€ (FINAL EPISODE)
(all received)

1 Like

DirecTV 46544 Indiana

Nothing received for 3/24 as of 09:30 EDT.

Edit: Still nothing as of 18:00 EDT. Also, second FKā€™s observation of the change in channel 1889ā€™s home screen. Havenā€™t checked to see if the prior weeksā€™ programming is still available elsewhere within the DTV VOD labyrinth.

Edit 2: DirecTV-centric content follows, Iā€™ll keep it as brief as I canā€¦Got an explanation for the ā€œLocal Categoryā€ menu entry. Right now itā€™s on roughly half of the VOD channels. Suffice it to mention that it really doesnā€™t belong on a VOD-only programming source such as TAN, and itā€™s presence removed the menu entries that were necessary to access prior-weekā€™s programming. You can, however, access that programming via Smart Search. Iā€™ve reported this as a problem to DTV, along with the missing 3/24 programming. DTV subscribers following this thread should probably do likewise.

Edit 3: As of 20:00 EDT, still no 3/24 content. In addition, the 3/17 content has disappeared from the ā€œMissed it? Watch now!ā€ tab, which means that no content is currently available via ch. 1889. Programming from 3/3, 3/10, and 3/17 remains available thru Smart Search, and possibly other avenues.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

Nothing received from the 3/23 update. It also seems the Anime Network VOD Channel has gone through a slight change. As something called ā€˜local categoryā€™ has been added, while the former stuff like ā€˜Action Zoneā€™ and the others have been removed.

1 Like

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Interesting note: Fate/Stay Night 20 which was suppose to expire didnā€™t today.

Recived from 3/24/16 update:
DRAMAtical Murder 9
Gatchaman Crowds insight 10
Gate 12
RIN-NE 19
Saiyuki 34
Ushio & Tora 12
Utawarerumono The False Faces 4
La Corda dā€™Oro ~ Blue Sky 1
MONSTER MUSUME Everyday Life with Monster Girls 7
Say I Love You 7
Food Wars! 24
Haikyu!! Two 2
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 1) 23
Himouto! Umaru-chan 8
Persona Four 23
Space Brothers 64
The World is Still Beautiful 5

1 Like

If Oprimum/Cablevision is like DirecTV, the shows that expire with this update wonā€™t actually expire until 8PM tonight. I noticed this with all of the dub episodes I have been watching on demand, at least.

Anyway, here is my report for this week. I canā€™t really check for any missing episodes from previous weeks, though, since AN only has a local category that is empty and only has the last weekā€™s updates listed in the Missed it section.

DirecTV 32117
No new episodes were posted today so far and it is already 4:51 PM on the East Coast on Thursday March 24ā€¦

1 Like

DirecTV zip 55433 Minneapolis MN

No new updates for channel 1889. As others have reported the categories section is totally messed up. The ā€œLocal Categoryā€ selection never returns and I have to shut down to get back to normal. But it looks like the oldest shows have rolled off on time instead of a day later. At least according to the Android app.

1 Like

Actually I think it is a sequel to the original story. If I understand correctly Kuon is the daughter of the protagonist (Hakuoro?) of the original series.

1 Like

Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC J2S 5L6

Thank you for the answers.

Full update received for this week.

1 Like

So I am looking at the DirecTV schedule and next week (April 7) we are getting all 12 episodes of Diabolik Lovers 2?? Is that a error? Usually when we got a show with short episodes it was typically 2-3 shows a week.

1 Like