Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2016)

Ushio & Tora #29 has been added with a modded date of 12-1-16 removal date so BIG Thanks to all who worked to resolve this issue/problem.

All updates are so far loaded and playing fine except for a few that have yet to be added but I will keep an eye on the lineup over the few days to see if hopefully that they are added and not skipped over.

Happy Thanksgiving and safe Hunting for those who hunt whenever hunting season is open.

1 Like

Updates Received/Not Received 11/24/16 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The short version:

This week’s scheduled episodes are complete! “Some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent.”

The long version:

Received:

Gate 16

Gunbuster

Haikyu!! II 8

Hayate II 6

High School of the Dead 7

Locodol 5

Norn9 11

Patlabor 21

Re:Hamatora 8

Rin-ne 20

Strawberry Marshmallow 4

Utawarerumo II 7

Wake Up, Girls! 3

Missing in Action:

None

Appearing Incongruously:

None

Notes:

1. Name changes, name changes: This week, they have discovered the forward slash and the period, so now we have “High School/Dead”, “Patlabor/Police”, and “Utaware./Faces”; bored with slice-of-life schoolgirl antics in a marsh, the Strawberry Marshmallow girls have decided to become a science fiction show, and moved from “Strawberry Marsh” to “Strawberry Mars.04”;

2. Being a Locodol is hard work: the girls found adding a manager and stuff and putting it on exhausting, and tried taking it off; [Translation: the titles for Locodol #3 & #4 on the On Demand Portal say “We Tired” instead of “We Tried”–but that’s because it’s this way in Anime Network’s episode list on the website];

3. The On Demand Portal has now updated, and Norn9 #10 & #11 did not undergo gravitational collapse as expected…but that’s because the On Demand Portal added Norn9 #11 as “Episode 12”, thus keeping the it distinct from Norn9 #10/“Episode 11”. This actually answers some questions I had about what’s going on–but I’ll save that for another post…

4. OK, we started this post with another Dragnet quote, which seemed appropriate, thanks to thboyd29’s information upthread about the possible connection between Stan Freberg and the original Dragnet quote that kicked this off. While I later learned of Freberg’s multitudinous accomplishments, my first encounter with his name goes back to when I was a kid, and I watched a TV show with my folks that outlined how he had changed the face of TV advertising by introducing humor and satire. The exact details are hazy after all these years, but I vaguely remember them showing some of his Chun King ads, and very clearly remember them showing one of his Sunsweet commercials, which I thought was quite funny (still do). So I grew up thinking of him as an adman, and all the funny commercials on TV as “Stan Freberg ads”. Then, in the seventh grade, I discovered my parent’s old LP (yes, vinyl!) of “Stan Freberg Proudly Presents the United States of America, Volume One: The Early Years.” I listened to that old record alot in junior high, along with their old Bill Cosby comedy records. (More innocent times…){sigh} It made quite an impression, so much so that I need to give proper credit where credit is due, since I recently realized my unconscious had probably lifted the whole “nobunagapunchlinenobunaganobunaga” chant straight from Freberg. Specifically, from the part of his record where Christopher Columbus refuses to believe his officer’s report that there are rumbles of mutiny amongst the crew, and the officer tells him to hear for himself:

[CREW:] Rumblerumblerumble mutinymutinymutiny rumblerumblerumble mutinymutinymutiny…

“All so very [yawning], very fascinating, Jababbi. But what [yawn] has any of this got to do with laconic nonsense?”

Ah! That’s for the finale, next week.

“Promises, promises…”

With apologies for the wasted bandwidth, and thanks for your kind indulgence,

Jababbi

1 Like

@AnimeSniper

Please let me know by Monday @ Noon if you are missing any episodes so I can get them on the report.

Looks like I have all the episodes for this update so no problem here.

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

The following episode is missing from today’s update.

Trinity Seven Episode 07

The following episodes remain missing from earlier updates.

Elfen Lied - Ep 07 (should have been added on November 17)
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Ep 09 (should have been loaded on November 10)

Thank you.

1 Like

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

I hate complaining about this but this is getting crazy the number of times that certain the way certain shows are listed on vod. You have episodes all of the place in one section. Like Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle which 5 and 6 under Undefeated Bahamut and 7 and 8 under just Bahamut. Confusing sometimes when reporting and hard to watch episodes back to back when they all split up.

No Longer Missing from 11/24/16 update:
Another 6
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 8
Elfen Lied 8
High School of the Dead 7 (No number)
Onigiri 1-13
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 21
Perfect Insider 7
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation 11
Trinity Seven 7
Ushio & Tora 33
When They Cry Kai 3
Young Black Jack 9
Flying Witch 8
Hatenkou Yugi 7
Nurse Witch KOMUGI R 2 (No number)
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 6 (No number)
Space Brothers 99
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless 4
To loveru 7
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace 8

Still Missing from 11/24/16 Update:
RIN-NE Two 4

1 Like

@Supermutant

Please DO complain. Providers are supposed to put the episodes up the way AN lists them. When they do not, it causes the episodes to show up in unlikely places (or out of order).

Please tell me which anime have this issue and the titles that are showing.

We’re having the same issue on Spectrum/TWC and I’ve been sending them in to Admin.

1 Like

DirecTV FL, 33563

Everything is caught up and good to go…it’s a Thanksgiving miracle!

1 Like

Oprimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.
When they cry kai has 1 under cry kai 2 01. Episode 2 before episode 26 of season 1 of WTC and 3 is after it.
Undefeated Bahamut mentioned in last post also has the problem being listed as Undefeat Bahamut for 06 and 05 is listed under as Undefeated Baha.
Phantasy Star 2 Onliine 08 and 09 listed as Phanstay Star 2, You have ep10 under Phantasy Star. Then 11 under PhantasyOnli.2 11
Patlabor 18, 19, 21 listed as Patalbor Poliec and 20 listed as Pat Labor TV 20.
High School Dead has 04. episode 05 is HS Of The Dead. ep6 with HOTD. Episode 7 is just without the number High School Of The
Flying Witch 6-8 and then FlyingWitch 05
NWKR episode 1 listed as Komugi R 01 and then episode 2 has no episode # showing just Nurse Witch Komugi
Hayate has 03 and 04 under Hayate Butler 2 with the 0 infront of the number. 5 has Hayate Butler 2 without the 0. 6 is listed as Hayate The Combat B without the number.
Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto has 10 as Heard? Sakamoto, 11 as Im Sakamoto, 12 just as Sakamoto
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace has 6 as Spnatural Battle, 5 and 7 as Supernatural, 8 as Whe/Commonplace
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless has episode 1 as Tanaka-Kun, 2 Tanaka-kun is Always without number, 03 and 04 as Tanaka-Kun

1 Like

Time Warner/Spectrum - Los Angeles - 91367

All 11/24 updates received.

The missing episodes from 11/10 were also added.

1 Like

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

11/24/2016 UPDATES MISSING:
Another 06
Elfen Lied 08
Flying Witch 08
Hatenkou Yugi 07
Hayate II 06
High School of the Dead 07
Nurse Witch Komugi R 02
Onigirl 01-13
Patlabor 21
The Perfect Insider 07
Phantasy Star Online II 11
Rin-Ne II 04
Space Brothers 99
Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless 04
To Loveru 07
Trinity Seven 07
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle 08
Ushio & Tora 33
When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace 08
When They Cry Kai 03
Young Black Jack 09

1 Like

Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 91910

Still Missing from 11/3 :slight_smile:

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Ep. #5 !

@gymanime

What about all these episodes? Did you ever receive any of them?

Verizon Fios - 13027 update

All 11/24 updates were received.

The following updates are broken.

• Flying Witch 8 - no picture/choppy sound and it stops playing after about 1 minute.
  • Another 6 - no sound and it stops playing after about 1 minute.
  • Another 3 - had the same issue as Another 6, was recently deleted and is still missing.
1 Like

Eastlink TV

Nov 3
All Received

Nov 10
All Received

Nov 17
All Received

Nov 24
All Received

1 Like

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:

@waff2010
@Keeper1st
@BelArmach

2 Likes

Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 91910

Yes, all updated, except for,

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, #5.

1 Like

Frontier Vantage TV (formally AT&T U-Verse), Trumbull, CT 06611

Verified as of 11/29/2016 at 07:35AM (EST) all episodes for 11/24 updates have been received.

As a side note to add to the recent complaints. Even though all episodes have been received, the displaying of several shows are not displayed in the shows group, in sequence order. Groups are broken apart making it appear that an episode is missing until you scroll down and there it is. I also have started to see the renaming of show titles due to their length to “visibly” fit the episode number in the listings. Case in point, “When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace” have been listed as the full name but episode 08 is now listed “When Supernatural Battles/Commonplace 08”.

2 Likes

CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136

11/24/2016 UPDATES:
All updates received…

…but Flying Witch 08 is only available in HD and is otherwise unavailable without a HD receiver (which naturally, I do not have).
:unamused:

I’m also experiencing the same issues as others with some series episodes given different names or abbreviations almost every week, causing them to be listed pretty randomly in their respective folders, causing a fair amount of hunting for them.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I noticed that the image icon for Flying Witch 08 had the HD in the bottom right corner. I watched the episode and found no issues. I do have SD and HD channels, probably why I had no issues viewing.

1 Like