Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2017)

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:
@Sensei_Terry_Silver
@MaouSadao
@AnimeSniper
@anime2461

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

No changes to report, 4 episodes reported last week are still missing.

Hayate the Combat Butler 2 - Episode 18
La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia - Ep 03
Patlabor the Mobile Police - Ep 33
Towanoquon - Ep 03

As noted last week, Frontier says they are unable to load the missing episodes since their content provider is apparently not receiving the new episodes from the Anime Network.

1 Like

As of 6:45pm Hakiyu collection 2 is still unavailable.

I don’t know if it isn’t supposed to be shipped to Comcast, however that would be quite strange seeing that all 2cour series have arrived properly before this.

[quote=Jababbi] Girls Und Panzer incorrect episode listings
[/quote]
Sorry shortened it just a little bit

The same problem happened to me when the entire series was uploaded. Did your server upload the proper description of the episode?

It’s kind of funny that once the recap episode appears on the list, all of the episodes including and afterwards have the wrong information.

It does make me wonder what other Xfinity users think if they go by the description on the menu before watching :joy:

2 Likes

Thank heavens!

2 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 2/23/17 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Still only have time for

The short, no-nonsense version (the system is providing enough nonsense on its own, thank you very much):

All scheduled updates received both on Cutting Edge and On Demand; as expected, this week’s episode of Girls und Panzer folded up onto last week’s*; the usual kludge allows you to pry them apart for your viewing pleasure.

Slowhand, would you like me to reprint the kludge here for the convenience of those who might need it, to save them from having to hunt for it in last year’s thread?

*To be more precise, using boldface as usual to to indicate the actual episode, and quotation marks to indicate the “name” of the episode in the listings,

1. As you would see it in On Demand: using the episode numbering as given in Watch Online, #9 was folded into “08”;

2. As you would see it in Cutting Edge: using the numbering as given in Wikipedia, and on Cutting Edge during the initial run–and which is still attached to the episodes on Cutting Edge#8 was folded into “08”, which was actually #7 but renamed “'08” last week.

Confused? That’s how the system feels, too, when you ship it two inconsistent sets of metadata…

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks… and I thought I was done… but turns out I’m not… I’ve noticed that we still seem to be getting updates. I’m curious, is this just a matter of it’s going to stop suddenly at some point? I still haven’t received word from Eastlink about it ethier. Is there the slim possibility that Eastlink really hasn’t been axed? (I can hope)

1 Like

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Received from 2/23117 update:
BTOOOM! 8
Chaika the Coffin Princess: Avenging Battle 7
Den-noh Coil 11
From the New World 7
Legend of Heroes ~ Trails in the Sky
Patlabor The Mobile Police (TV) 34
RIN-NE Two 17
Towanoquon 5 and 6
When They Cry Kai 16
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia 4
Bodacious Space Pirates 8
Girls und Panzer 8
Matoi the Sacred Slayer 4
CLAMP School Detectives 7
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 19
Himouto! Umaru-chan 3
Little Busters! EX 8
Momokuri 8
Softenni! 7
To loveru 20

List errors:
To Love Ru 8 suppose to expire 11/30/16 and hasn’t.

1 Like

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for February 23, 2017:

Aoharu X Machinegun 9 - "That’s Why I’m Cool!"
Azumanga Daioh 11 - "Kagura & Saskaki!"
BTOOOM! 8 - "White Ghost!"
Flying Witch 3 - "Lessons in Gardening and Magic!"
Girls und Panzer 9 - "We’re Fighting Pravda!"
Haikyu!! 2 21 - "The Breaker!"
Hayate the Combat Butler! (Season 2) 19 - "Aim for the King!"
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia! 4 - "Confessioni di una Maschera!"
Legend of Heroes ~ Trails of the Sky
Patlabor the Mobile Police (TV) 34 - "The Battle of the Gate!"
Towanoquon 5 - "The Return of the Invincible!"
Towanoquon 6 - “Eternal Quon!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Utawarerumono The False Faces 20 - "Military Man!"
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace 2 - “Misconception!”
(All Received)

Title Changes for current shows

Complete list here

Aoharu0101
Aoharu0102
Aoharu0103
Aoharu0104
Aoharu0105
Aoharu X 06
Aoharu X 07
Aoharu X 08
Aoharu X 09

Azumanga0101
Azumanga0102
Azumanga0103
Azumanga0104
Azumanga0105
Azumanga0106
Azumanga0107
Azumanga Daioh 08
Azumanga Daioh 09
Azumanga Daioh 10
Azumanga Daioh 11

BTOOOM!0101
BTOOOM!0102
BTOOOM!0103
BTOOOM!0104
BTOOOM! 05
BTOOOM! 06
BTOOOM! 07
BTOOOM! 08

Flying Witch 01
Flying Witch 02
Flying Witch 03

Girls Wasteland 1
Wasteland0102
Wasteland0103
Wasteland0104
Wasteland0105
Wasteland0106
Wasteland0107
Wasteland0108
Wasteland0109
Girls Beyond 10
Girls Wasteland 11
Girls Beyond 12

Girls und 0101
Girls und 0102
Girls und 0103
Girls und 0104
Girls Und Panzer 05
Girls Und Panzer 06
Girls Und Panzer 07
Girls und Panzer 08

Haikyu!! 2 07
Haikyu!! 2 08
Haikyu!! 2 09
Haikyu0210
Haikyu0211
Haikyu0212
Haikyu0213
Haikyu0214
Haikyu0215
Haikyu!! 2 16
Haikyu!! 2 17
Haikyu!! 2 18
Haikyu!! 2 19
Haikyu!! 2 20
Haikyu!! 2 21

Hayate 2 01
Hayate 2 02
Hayate Butler 03
Hayate Butler 2 04
Hayate Butler 2 05
Hayate Butler 2 06
Hayate Butler 2 07
Hayate0208
Hayate0209
Hayate0210
Hayate0211
Hayate0212
Hayate0213
Hayate Butler 2 14
Hayate Butler 2 15
Hayate Butler 2 16
Hayate Butler 2 17
Hayate Butler 2 18
Hayate Butler 2 19

Arcana Famiglia 01
Arcana Famiglia 02
Arcana Famiglia 03
Arcana Famiglia 04

Legend of Heroes

Patlabor Police 19
Patlabor 20
Patlabor/Police 21
Patlabor Police 22
Mobile Pol0123
Mobile Pol0124
Mobile Pol0125
Mobile Pol0126
Mobile Pol0127
Mobile Pol0128
Patlabor TV 29
Patlabor TV 30
Pat Labor TV 31
PatlaborTV 32
PatLabor TV 33
PatLabor TV 34

Strawberry OVA 01
Strawberry OVA 02
Strawberry OVA 03

Towanoquon 01
Towanoquon 02
Towanoquon 03
Towanoquon 04
Towanoquon 05
Towanoquon 06

Utawarerumono The F (this is ep 1)
Utawarerumono The F (this is ep 2)
Utawarerumono The F (this is ep 3)
Utawarerumono 04
Utawarerumono 05
UtawarerumonoFF 06
Utawareru./Faces 07
Utawareru0108
Utawareru0109
Utawareru0110
Utawareru0111
Utawareru0112
Utawareru0113
Utawareru0114
Utawareru0115
Utawareru0116
Utawarerumono 17
Utawarerumono 18
Utawarerumono FF 19
Utawarerumono FF 20

Supernatural 01
Supernatural 02

1 Like

You can report how ever you like, I don’t mind having a log of everything. It’s up to you if you have the time.

1 Like

Cogeco
St. Hyacinthe, QC J2R 2J4

Well there it is : the last report.

Full update received. Still no Chaika 04, but it’s a non-issue.

Post-apocalyptic report coming up next week.

1 Like

[sigh] Hate to see you go.

2 Likes

Quick Update to Updates Received/Not Received 2/23/17 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

1. No change as to what’s here (it all is) or what state it’s in (everything seems fine except for the merged episodes of Girls und Panzer);

2. I’ll repost Ye Olde Samurai Twins Separator Kludge for Cutting Edge Sunday or Monday;

3. Since this merged-episodes scenario seems a little different from the Nobunaga/Punchline stuff, it seemed to me that this time around there’d be a kludge for the On Demand Portal side as well. I gave it a whirl, and found something that seems to work, but I haven’t quite got boiled it down to basics yet. (Being able to run only one experiment before having to wait twenty-four hours for the episodes to reset slows things down alot.) But I should have both kludges posted next week. If I’m right, there’s likely more merged episodes ahead, so anyone watching this show will need 'em…

4. Just to add another layer of confusion to the mix, I noticed the AN schedule is wrong–e.g., it shows Girls und Panzer #8 for this week, as opposed to #9, #7 last week as opposed to #8, etc.

All this fuss and bother for a show I’m not even watching this time around…

Thanks!

1 Like

The initial report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported since the last report:
@AnimeSniper

1 Like

Spectrum - Los Angeles - 91367

All 2/23 updates added.

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

1 of the 4 missing episodes from last week has been loaded (Towanoquon - Ep 03). The other 3 episodes from last week’s update are still missing (listed below).

Hayate the Combat Butler 2 - Episode 18
La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia - Ep 03
Patlabor the Mobile Police - Ep 33

In addition, there are 3 missing episodes from today’s update (see below).

Girls Und Panzer - Episode 08
Legends of Heroes-Trails in the Sky - Ep 01 (new show)
Softenni - Ep 07

As a side item, I informed Frontier their menu still lists an older episode of To Love Ru (Episode 08). This episode should have been removed several weeks ago.

1 Like

Spectrum (TWC) Carson, CA 90745

All episodes scheduled for 2/23 update received (appear on VOD menu).

1 Like

Sorry about the late reply, work killed me this week. Just got a chance to check up on AN On Demand.

Hakiyu collection 2 is still missing.

I guess it doesn’t have the balls to show itself.
Get it? The show is about volleyball
.>>…
<
< …

I’ll see myself out now lol

Comcast Xfinity Intercession City FL 33844

Thanks

1 Like

Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2017) - #251 by Jababbi

It’s not I suddenly got sick of subscribing to the VOD service after years of paying for it. I have received a letter from Cogeco three weeks ago announcing that AN will be removed from my TV package since it will cease its operations nationwide in Canada. It turns out that it’s not the case as it will continue to run on other, bigger, CDN providers ( Cogeco only runs in two provinces, where as I think the other two are nationwide )

Slowhand, God bless her heart, tries her best to get some kind of explanation from administration as to what is going on and gets the silent treatment. I’m aware AN doesn’t exactly have a huge fanbase compared to other anime services, but the fanbase here is very loyal and sticks around for years – you’d think we could hvae something other than one-way conversations when it comes to situations like these, but y’know.

Crowdfiller also seems to be in the same boat with Eastlink. Maybe the VOD service is slowly thinning out from all cable services and the remaining providers are the last of their kind that will hang around for ____ amount of time until they pull out the cord.

2 Likes

Hey, look at that! Chaika ep. 04 has appeared from the February 2nd update!

Cogeco will Cogeco until the very end.

1 Like

Okay, as promised I’m reposting the kludge for how to separate merged episodes, at least if you’re on Cutting Edge. But first some terminological stuff, so that it’s comprehensible–especially since I’ve decided to re-redefine (or un-redefine) something I just redefined in my last set of posts:

I’m using boldface to indicate the episode itself, as opposed what the episode is called in the listings on Cutting Edge, or the On Demand Portal, or AN’s Watch Online listing. I use quotation marks for those names. I.e., boldface is what episode you actually see when the episode content plays. In the case of Girls und Panzer, we don’t have arbitrarily choose who’s “right” between Cutting Edge, On Demand Portal, Watch Online– or Wikipedia, or My Anime or whatever-- because the next episode’s number is actually given onscreen in the preview. So,

Girls und Panzer #7 is Up Next is Anzio!

Girls und Panzer #8 is We’re Fighting Pravda!

Girls und Panzer #9 is Last Ditch Effort!

With that out of the way, here’s the kludge for Cutting Edge:

Step One: Play “Girls und Panzer 08” from the listing under Girl Power; this will actually start Girls und Panzer #7;

Step Two: Stop the episode anywhere; this gives you the regular Resume/Restart/Exit menu; choose Exit (or escape via the Exit button on the remote);

Step Three: This should take you to your In Progress menu, with a “Girl und Panzer 07” in your list (after all, that was what was playing); select “Girl und Panzer 07”, but not by using the Select button (using Select just resumes the episode directly)-- instead use the Info button, as though you wanted to look at the description; this gives you a menu with the unusual “Other Viewing Options” choice; choose that;

Step Four: This in turn gives you a menu with a “Play SD” option; choosing that should start Girls und Panzer #8 , and when you exit the episode, you’ll have a “Girls und Panzer 08” in your In Progress list to go along with “Girls und Panzer 07”.

Note: Once you’ve done this, be prepared for menus with one or more odd options when you select the episode from your In Progress list, or by going back into Girl Power. But you can usually find something amongst them that will straight up play the episode you’re looking for, or at least starts up Girls und Panzer #7 so you can go through Steps One through Five again. And, of course, after 24 hours everything resets and you’re back to square one.

I’ve almost got the matching kludge for the On Demand Portal side; it looks like it’s simultaneously much simpler but subtler. Just give me one or two more resets…

Thanks!

1 Like