Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2018)

Time Warner/Spectrum Phoenix, NY 13135

I just checked and received the missing episodes from last week though Canaan 3 is messed up. It is listed as episode three but came up as episode 2. Have to fast forward to the end and on the recently viewed menu both 2 and 3 showed up.

Other than that I have not received any episodes for this update.

3 Likes

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Recieved from 3/22/18 update:
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 3 and 4
Black Bullet 8
Brynhildr in the Darkness 5 and 6
Canaan 4
Fantasista Doll 9 and 10
Celestial Method 5 and 6
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 12
Godannar 13 and 14
RIN-NE 3 19
Engaged to the Unidentified 7

2 Likes

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for March 22, 2018:

Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 3 - “I’ll Fight, Too!”
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 4 - “It’s a Barrel! It’s a Tail!”
Black Bullet 8 - “The Monument on the Border!”
Canaan 4 - “Lingering Sunset!”
Celestial Method 5 - “Flowers of Light!”
Celestial Method 6 - “Real Friends!”
Engaged to the Unidentified 1 - “It’s Important to Start Off on the Right Foot!” (FIRST EPISODE)
Engaged to the Unidentified 2 - “It’s Not Bad Having a Loli Sister-In-Law!”
Fantasista Doll 9 - “Kagami Kami Kami? Confusing Feelings!”
Fantasista Doll 10 - “Poked Poker: The Director’s Challenge!”
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 7 - “The Seventh Dish ‘Sizzle & Pop.’!”
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 8 - “The Eighth Dish ‘Warm and Chomp.’!”
Guardian Ninja Mamoru 9 - “Koganei UFO Warning!”
(ALL MISSING)

Disappeared from March 8 update:
Canaan 2 - “Worthless Games!”

2 Likes

DIrecTV Phoenix, AZ

3/22 update is perfect. I really like being able to say that.

Worksheet at http://tinyurl.com/yckwpnrs is updated.

3 Likes

Verizon Fios - 13027

The missing update from 3/8 was received.
Godannar 8

Godannar 10 is now missing.

None of the 3/15 updates were received.

None of the 3/22 updates were received.

1 Like

Verizon Fios - 13027 (update)

Missing 3/8 update.
Godannar 10.

3/15 updates received.
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 1 & 2
Black Bullet 7
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 11
Brynhildr in the Darkness 3 & 4
Campione 13
Celestial Method 3 & 4
Engaged to the Unidentified 6
Fantasista Doll 7 & 8
Godannar 11 & 12
Hiiro no Kakera (Season 2) ~ The Tamayori Princess Saga 12 & 13
One Week Friends 11 & 12
RIN-NE 3 - 18

3/15 update not received.
Canaan 3

3/22 updates received.
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 3 & 4
Black Bullet 8
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 12
Brynhildr in the Darkness 5 & 6

Canaan 4 (This in folder “season” instead of “season 1” and has the episode naming issue which is probably why episode 3 is still missing)

Celestial Method 5 & 6
Engaged to the Unidentified 7
Fantasista Doll 9 & 10
Godannar 13 & 14
RIN-NE 3 - 19

Thanks

2 Likes

@anime2461 :heavy_check_mark:

Did you ever receive Gingitsune, Ep 11 from 3/1/2018?

@Renton721 :heavy_check_mark:

Did you ever receive the following:

Godannar, Ep 6 from 2/22/2018 update (now expired)
Campione, Ep 11 from 3/1/2018 update

@Lord_Shameless

Did you ever receive Godannar, Ep 6 from 2/22/2018 update (now expired)

@shadzar

Did you ever receive the following:

Blue Spring Ride, Ep 12 from 2/22/2018 update (now expired)

March 1 - complete update

1 Like

@Slowhand

No, none of the episodes listed have appeared. Still missing as of Sat, 10:50am, 3/24/2018.

2 Likes

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

Yes, Gingitsune Ep 11 has appeared on the Frontier menu this week. There is only 1 episode missing from this week’s update - Brynhildr in the Darkness Ep 05.

2 Likes

Frontier VantageTV
Trumbull, CT 06611

As of Saturday 3/24/2018 @ 11:45pm all 3/22 updates have been received.

2 Likes

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/22/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

The 3/22/18 update is still AWOL.

Thanks!

2 Likes

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:
@shadzar

2 Likes

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/22/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Huzzah! The 3/22/18 update has arrived…almost. All but one episode has arrived on Cutting Edge. The one exception is Celestial Method #5, which is still missing.

Nothing has gotten to the On Demand side yet. But then, they almost always lag behind in cases like this.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Entire March 22 update came today.

Still missing Canaan, Ep 2

2 Likes

Another Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/22/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

[Okay, Celestial Method #5 has shown up in Girl Power, an everything has arrived on On Demand. So the 3/22/18 shipment is complete.

And now, as promised, here’s how you get it back. (It’s actually the name “Canaan 02” that’s missing and the episode Canaan #3 that’s hard to find, but that’s probably being over-precise for our purposes.)

But first the usual terminological stuff, so that it’s comprehensible: I’m using boldface to indicate the episode itself, as opposed what the episode is called in the listings on Cutting Edge, or the On Demand Portal; I use quotation marks for those names. I.e., boldface is what episode you actually see when the episode content plays, and “quotation marks” is the name you see in the listings.

Here’s Ye Olde Kludge for Cutting Edge:

Kludge for Cutting Edge

Step One: Play “Canaan 03” from the listing under Action Zone; this will actually start Canaan #2;

Step Two: Stop the episode anywhere; this gives you the regular Resume/Restart/Exit menu; choose Exit (or escape via the Exit button on the remote);

Step Three: This should take you to your In Progress menu, with a “Canaan 02” in your list (after all, that was what was playing); select “Canaan 02”, but not by using the Select button (using Select just resumes the episode directly)-- instead use the Info button, as though you wanted to look at the description; this gives you a menu with the unusual “Other Viewing Options” choice; choose that;

Step Four: This in turn gives you a menu with a “Play SD” option; choosing that should start Canaan #3 , and when you exit the episode, you’ll have a “Canaan 03” in your In Progress list to go along with “Canaan 02”.

Note: Once you’ve done this, be prepared for menus with one or more odd options when you select the episode from your In Progress list, or by going back into Action Zone. Generally, you get two sets of Resume SD and Restart SD choices, one set for #2 and one set for #3, but they both look the same. The episode descriptions will usually tell you which set of selections goes with which episode. Regardless, you can usually find something amongst them that will straight up play the episode you’re looking for, or at least starts up Canaan #2 so you can go through Steps One through Four again. And, of course, after 24 hours everything resets and you’re back to square one.

And now for On Demand:

Note: As they sometimes do on the On Demand side, they left the numbers off the episodes for Canaan, so all you have to go on is the title.

Kludge for On Demand

Step One: Access the Canaan folder–which is now, in the upgraded program, a colorful tile or box–via On Demand. There’s lots of pathways to access a show via On Demand–at least half a dozen–but it doesn’t really matter which one you use, eventually you drill down to the list of Canaan episodes. I usually go in by Network=>Anime Network=>Canaan. However you get there, once you’re there,

Step Two: Select “Worthless Games”, which is #2’s title , using the Info button and not the Select button (the Select button will just start playing one of the episodes directly, not giving you any ability to get to the other episode);

Step Three: This brings you to the episode’s Info screen, where you have a menu box with two choices, “Watch” and “All Airtimes” ("“All Airtimes? But this is On Demand, Jababbi–any time is airtime.” I know, just roll with it–it actually makes more sense than it sounds…) Like “Select”, “Watch” just starts up an episode directly, so instead you…

Step Four: …choose “All Airtimes”. This will give you a list of two identical lines. One of them will get you to Canaan #2; the other will get you to Canaan #3. There’s nothing to tell you which is which, but with only two choices, it’s no big deal if you guess wrong the first time through–just stop the episode and go back and choose the other one. (I think the top line starts lower-numbered episode, and the bottom one starts the higher-numbered one, and I’m pretty sure this is constant, but YMMV. Let me know.)

Step Five: Watch.

Sorry, I know this is almost a week later than I promised. My apologies.

(Now for two of my other commitments-left-hanging, the show suggestions and the long-unanticipated–or long-dreaded–dub stuff.)

2 Likes

Looks like I got the mar 22 update too. Even though Caanan ep 3 needs a little work to get but I got that too.

2 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 3/29/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Fantasista Doll #11 announces its arrival. The rest is silence…

Thanks!

2 Likes

DirecTV, San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Report at midnight: No new episodes.

2 Likes

Looks like I received this weeks updates without a problem here.

2 Likes

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Recieved from 3/29/18 update:
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 5 and 6
Black Bullet 9
Brynhildr in the Darkness 7 and 8
Canaan 5
Fantasista Doll 11 and 12
Celestial Method 7 and 8
HaNaYaMaTa 1 and 2
Godannar 15 and 16
RIN-NE 3 20
Engaged to the Unidentified 8

2 Likes