Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2018)

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for March 29, 2018:

Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 5 - “I Became a Senpai!”
Atelier Escha & Logy: ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ 6 - “Which Is the Good Dessert?”
Black Bullet 9 - “The Protectors of the Barrier!”
Canaan 5 - “Friends!”
Celestial Method 7 - “That Which I Lost!”
Celestial Method 8 - “That Which She Believed!”
Engaged to the Unidentified 3 - “I Can Feel the Love Comedy Waves!”
Engaged to the Unidentified 4 - “That’s Just Her Being a Pervert!”
Fantasista Doll 11 - “Komachi Machi Machi? Promised Devotion!”
Fantasista Doll 12 - “Wishes Upbeat, Everyone’s Shining!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 9 - “The Ninth Dish ‘Bubble & Blow.’!”
Gourmet Girl Graffiti 10 - “The Tenth Dish ‘Chewy and Gooey.’!”
Guardian Ninja Mamoru 10 - “Yuna’s Legendary Lost Gold!”
HaNaYaMaTa 1 - “Shall We Dance?” (FIRST EPISODE)
HaNaYaMaYa 2 - “Jealousy Rose!”
(ALL MISSING)

STILL MISSING from March 8 update:
Canaan 2 - “Worthless Games!”

2 Likes

Sorry to be tardy to the party.

Report for March 29th 2018

Received

Gingitsune Complete Series

Diabolic Lovers Complete Series

Diabolic Lovers More Blood Complete Series

Not received

Master box and Mini boxes

Yusibu ep 3

UtaPri S1 ep 3

K-ON Season 2 Subbed eps 1,2, and 3

Girls Und Panzer the Movie

Mini boxes

Nobunaga the Fool 21

Clannad 13

Strange K-ON listings
Season 1 episode 10 is listed as Season 2 episode 16. The actual S2 ep16 can be selected as well, via the “Watch options”.

Season 1 episode 8 (which is now available) still has the incorrect S2 EP 8 listing available under “Watch Options”

Episodes with incorrect runtime
These episodes are all inclusive. X1 App, Master Box and Mini boxes
Chihayafuru S1 ep 10 Exchange Hellos and Goodbyes: 21min
Ika Musume S1 ep 11 I Ink That’s A Doll +2: 16min

X1 app Incorrect runtime
Girls Und Panzer Der Film: 1hr 58min 34se

Notes

Edit
Non Non Biyori Repeat has a folder image now. It’s the same image as NNB S1, but with the word “Repeat” on it. Will post images later this evening when I get back home.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Comcast Xfinity Intercession City FL 33848

3 Likes

Phoenix, DirecTV

As of 5 pm, nothing new has been received.

2 Likes

The April 2018 Schedules are now live.

The Print/Text version of the schedules are out of alphabetical order, will report this.

Also, there seems to be some error on the SVOD pages, will report this also (Charter/Frontier/Optimum/RCN/Rogers/Show/Verizon FiOS)

AT&T/Comcast/Shaw/SVOD Blogs

3 Likes
Thoughts for new shows

Inital D the movie 2: Nice! Hopefully #3 is sent out in May :grinning:

AKB 0048: This is a really cute one! The ending song is super catchy too :wink:

Unlimited Psychic Squad: Isn’t this some relation to Zettai Karen Children?

Busou Shinki: Is this kinda like Frame Arms Girls? That’s what I’m getting from the Wiki description.

The Familiar of Zero: I’m honestly curious about this one. The first season got a dub, but the rest of the series didn’t. Did it perform that bad sales wise?

Little Busters Collection 1: It looks cute, plus it has Shannon Emerick as lead male. (Idk why but I personally think she does male characters better than female characters. IMO She should’ve been Takeru in Squid Girl Season 2…)

Edit
Pictures of the Non Non Biyori vs Repeat folder images I was supposed to upload last night…

NNB is top right, Repeat is bottom right:
Screenshot_20180330-123146

3 Likes

DirecTV, San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Scheduled for 03/22, all missing as of 4pm Friday.

• Atelier Escha & Logy 05+06
  • Black Bullet 09
  • Canaan 05
  • Celestial Method 07+08
  • Engaged to the Unidentified 03+04
  • Fantasista Doll 11+12
  • Gourmet Girl Graffiti 09+10
  • Guardian Ninja Mamoru 10
  • HaNaYaMaTa 01

Missing from 03/22: none
Missing from 03/15: none
Missing from 03/08: none

Current episodes on Channel 1889:

Action Zone

Atelier Escha & Logy             .. 01,02 03,04 -missing-05-06-
Black Bullet                     06    07    08 -missing-   09-
Campione!                        12    13.
Canaan                           02    03    04 -missing-   05-
Fantasista Doll               05,06 07,08 09,10 -missing-11-12-

Girl Power

Celestial Method              01,02 03,04 05,06 -missing-07-08-
HaNaYaMaTa                       ..    ..    .. -missing-01-02-

Super Happy Funtime

Engaged to the Unidentified      ..    .. 01,02 -missing-03-04-
Gourmet Girl Graffiti         03,04 05,06 07,08 -missing-09-10-
Guardian Ninja Mamoru            07    08    09 -missing-   10-
2 Likes

@anime2461 :heavy_check_mark:

Did you ever receive Brynhilder in the Darkness, Ep 5 from 3/22/2018?

@anonymous9999

Are the Canaan episodes still loading on top of each other?

Did Godannar, Ep 10 ever come back?

1 Like

Frontier FIOs 90505 (CA)

Yes, Brynhildr in the Darkness Ep 05 has appeared on the Frontier menu this week. Sorry for the delayed response. It also appears this week’s episodes have been loaded though I’m unable to currently see the Frontier schedule on the website.

2 Likes

@anime2461

Yes, sorry, the SVOD schedules are broken and on a long weekend…

Here's the SVOD update for 3/29

Atelier Escha & Logy, Eps 5 & 6
Black Bullet, Ep 9
Brynhildr in the Darkness, Eps 7 & 8
Canaan, Ep 5
Celestial Method, Eps 7 & 8
Engaged to the Unidentified, Ep 8
Fantasista Doll, Eps 11 & 12
Godannar, Eps 15 & 16
HaNaYaMaTa, Eps 1 & 2
RIN-NE 3, Ep 20

1 Like

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/29/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

None. Fantasista Doll #11 is still here by its lonesome, waiting for the rest of last week’s ship to show.

Hope everyone had a beautiful and blessed Easter. Or happy start to Passover. Or Merry April Fool’s Day. Or Fun Fooly-Cooly Night. Or something.

Thanks!

2 Likes

It is correct that the pictures are the same with just the word “Repeat” being on the 2nd season.

1 Like

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:
@anonymous9999 :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

Verizon Fios - 13027

Missing 3/8 update.
Godannar 10.

The menu for Canaan has been fixed.

None of the 3/29 updates were received.

2 Likes

As April starts, so should a new program removal / abstract programming report (aside from K-ON of course).

Program removal report circa April 3rd 2018:

Haikyu Season 2 Collection 2: 4/6/2018

Abstract programming report circa April 3rd 2018:

Haikyu Season 2 Collection 1 and Season 3 don’t expire until 2019, while Season 1 left a while ago and S2 C2 is set to expire this week.

Both To Love Ru and Log Horizon Season 1 Collection 1 are available until December 1st 2018, but their Collection 2 were deleted in 2017.

Log Horizon Season 2 Collection 2 and Akame Ga Kill Collection 2 are scheduled to be deleted on May 3rd, however Collection 1 have been updated to April 1st 2019.

Motto To Love Ru still has no episode titles.

3 Likes

The alphabetical problem will not be fixed this month, apologies.

The SVOD pages are back up now.

2 Likes

The March 29th update arrived today in its entirety.

2 Likes

Update to Update to Updates Received/Not Received 3/29/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

So did the rest of the 3/29/18 shipment on my end. Fantasista Doll #11 is forlorn no more.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 4/5/18:: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

“And Noah brought all the episodes two-by-two into Cutting Edge and On Demand, even as the Schedule had said.”

Yes, this week’s episodes have all arrived.

This Week’s Irrelevant Aside…

…is even more irrelevant than usual, since it’s not about AN but That Other Place Where I Watch Anime, aka Toonami. Which showed a sneak preview of the third Fooly Cooly series–in Japanese with subtitles–for April Fool’s Day. I wanted to try to untangle my thoughts about it before Toonami starts showing the original next week (according to their online schedule). Since I really don’t post anywhere else, and since you’ve all been so kind about letting me think out loud…er, onscreen…here I go again (hidden away for spoilers, but also so as not to make you waste your time scrolling past it):

FoolyCoolyFoofaraw

I was disappointed. Maybe it was inevitable, given how much I love and adore the original, but I don’t think that’s all it is. Let’s see if I can put it into words…The original FLCL was edgy, crackling with energy and over-the-top, surreal, symbolic, exaggerated events–just check out the first episode and the way Naota goes flying from the collision with the Vespa, or the deliriously demented manga-style dinner, or any of a dozen-plus other things. It was full of smart dialogue and elliptical crosstalk that still managed to be completely comprehensible. It was self-aware and didn’t take itself too seriously, constantly banging on the fourth wall.

In contrast, the first episode of the new series was slow, soft, mostly realistic, nostalgic, and sweet. I think part of this comes from setting the new series in high school. The first series was set in middle school, and so much of the metaphor and subtext–and the phor and just plain text, for that matter–was Naota having to grapple with puberty and sexual awakening, and trying to puzzle out his relationships to Haru, Mamimi and Ninamori, the three women in his life. He also feels alienated from his everyday existence in supposedly humdrum Mabase. However, in the new series, our heroine Kana is in high school, seems pretty happy and well-adjusted, doesn’t seem to be alienated or going through any kind of personal or existential crisis, and has very close friendships with her three friends. Of course, the creators could make things darker in subsequent episodes. Much, much darker. They could tear the circle of friends apart with with jealousy, seething resentments, obsessions, lust, madness, drugs, whatever. But I don’t think that would be very enjoyable to watch. (At least not for me.) Anyway, right now, in the first episode, there’s not a lot going on inside there.

Or outside there, either. The friends meet up at school, attend class, hang out in their clubhouse, decide to build a big bottle rocket, go shopping for the components, and build it, having not-very-memorable dialogue along the way, all depicted in mundane, pretty much realistic style. Oh, sure, in the next-to-last scene a giant pin comes crashing through roof of the clubhouse, and animates some of their junk into a techno-organic monster, and look, Haru shows up and gives Kana the requisite bonk-on-the-conk and pulls–surprise!–a guitar out of Kana’s head, and whales away on the monster. But it’s all stuff we saw before in the original FLCL, and it feels pro forma and safe and familiar, adding to the general sense of nostalgia. It almost seems like a standard, straightforward, all-on-the-surface, take-it-at-face-value shoujo series, where maybe we will get to explore some of the issues facing young women. (They’ve already got obvious setups for boys, body-image and appearance, expectations placed on girls as to proper female behavior, etc.) Or maybe not.

Another thing that–so far–is sharply different between series, is the level of awareness and self-awareness. Naota was very aware of what was going on around him. He might not understand the meaning of it, but he damn well knew it was there, and kept seeking and demanding an explanation. Part of his exasperation was that most people either never thought to question all this strange stuff, or just did their best to ignore it, or simply sleepwalked right by it, oblivious. In contrast to Naota, Kana and her friends seem to be among the sleepwalkers. This alien monster thing appears, attacks them and trashes their clubhouse, a mysterious woman shows up, makes a flower grow out of Kana’s head, pulls it out (deflowering her???), and it turns into a guitar that she uses to beat the monster to death. How do they respond to this extraordinary turn of events? They’re upset that their pretty bottle rocket was smashed. And so they build another pretty bottle rocket. And launch it at the beach. And get drenched, and play in the water. End of episode. Not what I would call a normal response to what they’d just experienced. Not even fictional-normal or anime-normal.

And then, as if to underline all of this, the closing song by The Pillows comes on, and it even sounds like a softer, less-edgy version of Ride on shooting star, their song for the original FLCL, only over much-less-interesting closing animation.

I will certainly watch the second FLCL series when Toonami shows it this summer. (I still have some hopes for it–the promo they showed looks good.) And I will watch this third FLCL series when Toonami shows it in the fall, watch it with considerable interest, and probably enjoy it well enough for whatever it is. But I had been looking forward to the FLCL sequels with intense interest, eagerness and anticipation. And now…I’m not.

Thank you for letting me do this.

2 Likes

No new episodes for two weeks.

DirecTV, San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Scheduled for 04/05: all missing

Missing from 03/22 all

3 Likes

Report for April 5th 2018

Received

Inital D the movie 2

AKB 0048 Complete Series (Is it ok that as soon as I checked ANOD and saw this, I started up episode 2, fast forwarded it to 22:15, and have been playing the end credits on repeat since about 5am? I’m posting this at 5:56am BTW)

Not received

Master box and Mini boxes

Yusibu ep 3

UtaPri S1 ep 3

K-ON Season 2 Subbed eps 1,2, and 3

Girls Und Panzer the Movie

Mini boxes

Nobunaga the Fool 21

Clannad 13

Strange K-ON listings
Season 1 episode 10 is listed as Season 2 episode 16. The actual S2 ep16 can be selected as well, via the “Watch options”.

Season 1 episode 8 (which is now available) still has the incorrect S2 EP 8 listing available under “Watch Options”

Episodes with incorrect runtime
These episodes are all inclusive. X1 App, Master Box and Mini boxes
Chihayafuru S1 ep 10 Exchange Hellos and Goodbyes: 21min
Ika Musume S1 ep 11 I Ink That’s A Doll +2: 16min

X1 app Incorrect runtime
Girls Und Panzer Der Film: 1hr 58min 34se

Notes

1. Got another call from Comcast this afternoon. Even more surprising is the guy I talked to is an anime fan too! First time the technician seemed to actually understand what I was talking about without going into excessive detail. :joy:
    Gave him the updated report of what’s going on with the episodes as well. He even tested the shows on his end to confirm my problems!

2. :notes: Yume wa Reincarnation. Nando de mo Deja Vu no you na tooi kioku :notes:

3. @Jababbi I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a perfect description of FLCL. You’ve astonished me once again. My cheers go to you sir :clap::clap::clap:
    Personally haven’t gotten a chance to watch the April Fool’s episode yet…

3 Likes