Anime Network Website Suggestions (pre-2015)

Take a look at http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,33086/limit,10/limitstart,334/ with Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox, and then IE8 last.

MS IE 8 renders it like this:

Google Chrome shows displays it properly:

The so-called “feature” of making CODE ] sections “pretty” is just not working.
Can we have that function fixed or disabled, please?

-Joe

I was http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,33086/limit,10/limitstart,320/ when I found that the ability to upload images while posting was working again.

But when I tried again on 04/13, uploading while posting failed mysteriously. Trying via Community -> Applications -> Upload Photos, the result was

Uploaded file type is not supported.

It does not accept JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, or TIF. Totally broken.

Also, the “Start Upload” link disappears after being clicked on. The “Upload another photo” link still works, to add another file selection box, but the new selection cannot be uploaded without the start link. (You have to go to the “Select photo album” pull-down menu, reset it to “Select an album”, then re-select the desired album to get the “Start Upload” link to re-appear.)

-Joe

Thanks for reporting this, they are aware of this problem and are working on it.

But I will report it again.

I was http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,33086/limit,10/limitstart,320/ when I found that the ability to upload images while posting was working again.

But when I tried again on 04/13, uploading while posting failed mysteriously. Trying via Community -> Applications -> Upload Photos, the result was

Uploaded file type is not supported.

It does not accept JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, or TIF. Totally broken.

Also, the “Start Upload” link disappears after being clicked on. The “Upload another photo” link still works, to add another file selection box, but the new selection cannot be uploaded without the start link. (You have to go to the “Select photo album” pull-down menu, reset it to “Select an album”, then re-select the desired album to get the “Start Upload” link to re-appear.)

-Joe

i found that out too

i think you should make the site half clannad half mahoromatic with a suspicious background

Add a Jiggle Counter to some select and well deserved shows, like how they were on some of the dvd’s like Plastic Little and New Cutey Honey I believe. Or have a jiggle contest were we try to correctly count the jiggles in a show/series and win a prize, like…body pillows. :blush:

Didn’t know where to put this, but has anyone had problems posting on certain threads? I’ve had a few problems as of late. For instance, I can’t reply/post in the “Some Little Funnies” thread, but can in others.
Slick

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]Didn’t know where to put this, but has anyone had problems posting on certain threads? I’ve had a few problems as of late. For instance, I can’t reply/post in the “Some Little Funnies” thread, but can in others.
Slick[/quote]

I just put in a test… see if you can post now.

I still can’t. I’ll copy and past the page that displays after I try to post.
Slick

Here it is
variable value
$0 " key value
$file “/vhosts/www.theanimenetwork.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php”
$line “242”
$function “trigger_dberror”
[args] Nested Array

"
$1 " key value
$file “/vhosts/www.theanimenetwork.com/components/com_kunena/kunena.php”
$line “581”
[args] Nested Array
$function “include”

"
$2 " key value
$file “/vhosts/www.theanimenetwork.com/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php”
$line “162”
[args] Nested Array
$function “require_once”

"
$3 " key value
$file “/vhosts/www.theanimenetwork.com/includes/application.php”
$line “124”
$function “renderComponent”
$class “JComponentHelper”
$type “->”
[args] Nested Array

"
$4 " key value
$file “/vhosts/www.theanimenetwork.com/index.php”
$line “68”
$function “dispatch”
$class “JSite”
$type “->”
[args] Nested Array

"

Installed version: Kunena 1.5.9 | 2010-01-23 | 1869 Susurrate ] | php 5.2.10 | mysql 5.0.83-log

Is there something in a foreign language that you’re trying to copy/paste into your post?

If so, that could be the problem. You’ll have to edit that out and replace it with regular keystrokes from your keyboard.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Is there something in a foreign language that you’re trying to copy/paste into your post?

If so, that could be the problem. You’ll have to edit that out and replace it with regular keystrokes from your keyboard.[/quote]

Perhaps there was. I quoted a wiki article, so maybe something was in that. Thanks slow, I’ll give it another shot.
Slick

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]$file “/vhosts/…theanimenetwork.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php”
$line “242”
$function “trigger_dberror”
[/quote]

Translation: DB has not been configured to accept UTF-8. Japanese characters will trigger this error.

A real pain to export the database, define a new one with UTF-8 enabled, then re-import all the data. But in the long run, something that really does need to be done.

-Joe

So, just thought I’d ask: Are there any plans to put content up on the video marketplace on xbox live? I see Funimation content galore on there and was wondering if TAN’s gonna do anything there.

Anime Network should have content on there, unless they’ve removed it… I know Best Student Council, UFO Ultramaiden and others have been on there before.

Okay I have an Idea for your little thing…the player.

As you know many people will keep a close eye on the new releases as they come out date by date. well to assist people in their busy schedules while watching anime is to make watching list. This list exists in the profile or a topnav button where a person selects an anime to favorite and added to a watch list and when new episodes are added, there is an email alert maybe a day before the new episode is to be released and a second one sent the day and time the episode is released, this is sent via email. Whad do you think? its hard to track 5 anime times in my head, and keep up with my work schedule, and school work, and the damn neighbor kids won’t stay off my lawn!!! where was I going with this? oh yeah we need a list (makes finding shows we are planning out easier to find if we cannot remember the titles…okay? okay…yeah there done

Is there a chance for a Hardware thread?, maybe a place where people with probs could ask others for help or show off their comps.

MKmods wrote:

Go ahead and make one.
As long as you don’t do any advertising, it’s ok.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]MKmods wrote:

Go ahead and make one.
As long as you don’t do any advertising, it’s ok.[/quote]

Though that kind of goes hand in hand with the Computers & Technology thread that we already have.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,11/func,view/id,330/

Thanks, I completely missed that thread…