Anime Requests for VOD Channels

Put all your requests for VOD titles here.

2 Likes

Excellent point–but the the question should not be “when?” but “why?” As I’ve suggested before, if AN simply did single episodes instead of doubles, they’d double the number of series shown at one time, almost automatically upping the chances that each of us would find something we wanted to watch. It’s a better strategy, if you’re aiming to satisfy more customers of varying tastes and viewing histories. Couple that with some of the old-to-SVOD-but-new-to-FVOD shows…

Nominations, anyone? (This time I’ll let someone else go first…)

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, I would agree with you. I prefer having more series with 1 episode listed than doubled and less shows. Frontier shows are limited compared to Xfinity. They have a library to choose from.
Need some new series to watch than the same ones repeated a year or so later.
Here’s an few series suggestions to possibly add:
Moribito
Blood+
Ergo Proxy
Last Exile
Black Lagoon
Witch Hunter Robin
Trinity Blood
Spice and Wolf
RahXephon
Shuffle!
Aria the Animation series

This is just a small list. I can add more if requested.:grin:

1 Like

That’s a nice list there @Renton721 - only problem is, Sentai doesn’t license any of those shows, so it’s impossible for them to show them.

2 Likes

A good place to start is the list at TV Tropes: :http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/SentaiFilmworks

or the offerings at HDIVE (though they do list RahXephon there, so I guess they’re not just Sentai. Thought they were…Live and learn.)

Anyway, Renton, what looks good from the Sentai Filmworks list? And anyone else want to play? I suggest a limit of six per customer, so this doesn’t clog the thread too much. That OK, Slowhand?

1 Like

Oops, sorry, I didn’t see RahXephon, that is a Sentai title (at least at the moment)

3 Likes

Aaarrrggghhhh! You guys, AN, are my main source for anime besides HiDive. Forget TOKU now, they’ve flipped to mostly live action shows with a few hours of anime on Sun and Monday night’s. It’s like watch the old Gozilla shows from the 70’s. Some guy grows large in a silver suit fighting monsters through a miniature film set town. I’ll pass on that please :joy:
How many times can you watch Green Green, Yosuga no “sora” ,Saber Rider and Ju-den Chan Charger Girls.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll bounce this off my master list and see what falls out.

1 Like

So far, 4 times. I love Bow Ditama’s designs. Now his eccentric fetishes, not so much…

Can us Comcast folk join in on this one?

1 Like

Yes, “more input Stephanie”

“Even if a question has a proper answer, sometimes one cannot simply give it away.”

Anyone know who and what series?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Okay, you’re correct. But i should have been more specific. The quote I was referring to was:

“Even if a question has a proper answer, sometimes one cannot simply give it away.”

Who said it and what series.

1 Like

Ok. Here’s my list of what I’d like to see:
Hidamari Sketch
Hidamari Sketch 365
Hidamari Sketch Hoshimitsu
Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb
To Love Ru Darkness 2
Dream Eater Merry

1 Like

Ah, Hidamari Sketch and Dream Eater Merry. Good choices. How about:

Chobits
Hell Girl
Shigofumi

2 Likes

Chobits and season 1 of Hell Girl are Funimation.

Hell Girl season 2 and 3 and Shigofumi are fair game though.

Wouldn’t mind seeing HG either:
O pitiful shadow; wallowing in the darkness.
Bringing pain and torment to others.
A damned soul, devoid of retribution.

Perhaps; It’s time to die.

(Shivers)

Edit
Maybe give “A Channel” a final run before Aniplex takes it back.

2 Likes

I’d like to see Nan Nan Biyori Repeat, Squid Girl, Girls und Panzer de Movie.

Make my request be anything that has shown on SVOD45 that has not been shown on FVOD30.

Also Classicaloid, _Mahou Sensei Negima! _, Parasyte

1 Like

Additions to the list:

A Certain Scientific Railgun series
Amagami AS
Angel Beats
Ben-To
Big-O series (a classic!)
Blood+
Blood-C
Blood, the last Vampire OVA
Blue Drop
Brighter than the Dawning Blue
Trigun
Trinity Blood
Witch Hunter Robin
Witchblade
World of Narue
You’re Under Arrest series
Yozakura Quartet
Eureka Seven series
Read or Die OVA
R.O.D the TV series
Inuyasha series (177 episodes)
Ghost in the Shell series

That’s all for now. I’ll add more later

1 Like

Bolded titles are Sentai / Aseir. I’ve included companies which currently own the rights to all other series.

A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun (Funimation)

Amagami SS /SS+

Angel Beats (Aniplex) (Sadly this one was Sentai until a few months ago.)

Ben-To (Funimation)

Big-O series (It will most likely be the sub version though…:nauseated_face: )

Blood+ (Funimation)

Blood-C (Funimation)

Blood, the last Vampire OVA (Manga Entertainment)

Blue Drop

Brighter than the Dawning Blue

Trigun / Trigun Badlands Rumble (Funimation)

Trinity Blood (Funimation)

Witch Hunter Robin (Funimation)

Witchblade (Funimation)

World of Narue

You’re Under Arrest series

Yozakura Quartet (Only the original series. The second season hasn’t been licensed for overseas distribution)

Eureka Seven / AO / Good Night Sleep Tight Young Lovers (Funimation)

Read or Die OVA (Aniplex)

R.O.D the TV series (Aniplex)

Inuyasha series (177 episodes) (Viz)

Ghost in the Shell series (Manga Entertainment)

Many great choices here, but since we’re trying to get AN to show some of these, we’re restricted to Sentai series. As in Sentai Filmworks the company (as opposed to sentai the genre, which–like you–I have next to no interest in seeing), since AN only has rights to show Sentai’s shows (or most of them, anyway), and definitely can’t show Funimation’s. (They’ve got their own VOD channel on some providers–or at least they did at one time. Just not on ours.) So, much as I’d love to see your #1 choice, A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun on AN, it just ain’t happening in the foreseeable future. 'Tis a pity. [sigh]

Therefore, while I’m always interested in what shows people like and dislike and why, to inform my own viewing, I’d like this discussion to result in some better choices on AN. So we need to limit ourselves to things owned by Sentai. Does that sound OK? (The page listing Sentai’s shows in TV Tropes I linked to above, and the offerings on HDive are a good places to start.)

Assuming this strikes the rest of you as the way to go, what are your thoughts as how to proceed? Should we aim for a relatively short combined list, say a top ten, complete with how many votes each got? Or do we want to do it by categories? E.g., (1) Old shows, since they may be more willing to dust off their old catalog (e.g., Phi Brain, where there’s a whole second season they’ve never shown) than, say, their brand-new premium offerings on HDive. (2) Newer shows that–as SpaceCobraJoe pointed out–they’ve shown on SVOD but that never made it to FVOD. Hopefully the shine is off them at this point, and AN might be willing to let us nonpremium FVODers see them. Lastly, (3) since AN is going to rerun shows anyway–after all, they’ll be new to new viewers–should we include a separate section for shows they’ve already shown, but which we wouldn’t mind seeing again?

I’m working up a list along those lines that I’ll post later: (1) Old shows I haven’t seen on FVOD but would like to, (2) Newer shows they’ve shown on SVOD a while back but not on FVOD, and (3) reruns I wouldn’t mind. I’m thinking maybe six per category.

But what say all of you?

1 Like

I’m in process of updating my list of watched shows and series. If I watched it and it had a good story or plotline, I would by a personal copy on DVD. And about 90% of these watched/owned series I have a mp3 library of open, closing themes and various scene music I liked.

2 Likes