Another

I didn’t look at your spoiler, but you do have it well defined. Hollywood seems to focus more on actions scenes mixed with gratuitous sex and/or violence while ignoring the story. Now, I’m not saying that foreign works don’t have a fair amount (and some times even a lot) of sex and/or violence in them, it’s just they have an actual story to explain what’s going on and why it’s going on. There are a few good shows out of Hollywood, but the only movies that are actually any good are almost always based on a book written by someone.

1 Like

Episode 01 is now LIVE on AN!

That episode was very good for music, character, story, animation quality. But I’m nervous about if Serephim digital going to make an English dub for this in the future. They will need some good people to voice the characters due to there young looks and attitude’s. Any ideas? I would say get a very good ADR director instead of Steven Foster.

I’d heard of this series before, and it’s definitely seeming like it’ll be worth the watch.

Episode 02 is now LIVE on AN!

Man, this anime is AMAZING!! It’s so suspenseful, and definitely creepy enough :dry: (gotcha looking over your shoulder, if you know what I mean). It kind of reminds me of Final Destination. Anyway, I about died when I saw ep 7 isn’t available yet T_T I even marked in my phone calendar. Okay, this is all very random, but I was wanting to talk about this anime. I just watched episodes 1-6, and already told my friends they need to watch it pronto!! :silly:

I’d probably have to head over to Crunchyroll to see eps 3-6, but I’m behind enough here that I’m willing to wait.

I’m really liking this one, too bad we didn’t get to see what was under the eye patch though, and some how I get the feeling we won’t get to see it for a few more eps. I’m definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.

After watching that episode, I was thinking, “Does she have the Geass?” XD. But back to seriousness, that was very creepy plus with the use of music. This is a high sound quality headphone recommended series. And I like how the other characters played a bigger role.

I just got the CD for the ending theme.

I think the characters are great, I just wonder if they have big back stories or they will play a major role in future episodes.

I’ve enjoyed the couple episodes I’ve seen now, but I’m curious why some shows, (Another and Bodacious Space Pirates) already have 6 episodes up whereas AN only has two.

Also, as far as voice actors for an english dub, I’d be curious if they’d get the girl who voices the girl with the eye-patch in ef-tale of memories.

Because they’re not a simulcast here.
They are being simulcast on CrunchyRoll.

Monica Rial would be awesome as Mei, since Chihiro seems to be rather similar to Mei.
If they do use her as Mei though, I’d be kind of worried about her being typecast for these type of characters.

There are two types of great VA’s. Those who can excel at any role, and those who manage to be the definitive VA for a certain character type. The first have the advantage of being able to work on anything, the second have the advantage of people starting to define what a character is like just from hearing the voice and gain some name recognition outside the industry. The second might have more difficulty finding work at times, but they also tend to be able to get better pay (as odd as that sounds, you’d think the versatile ones would get that) because of just how much they bring to the character.

Episode 03 is now LIVE on AN!

Episode 04 is now LIVE on AN!

Promo for Episode 0 of Horror Anime ‘Another’ Streamed

posted on 2012-03-02 14:30 EST
Original anime DVD bundled with “0th” manga volume to ship on May 26

Episode 05 is now LIVE on AN!

If anyone else is watching this
Episode 9

WHY THE HELL DID THEY NOT JUST ALLOW THEMSELVES TO GET IN TROUBLE. Big deal your caught in the AV room, the school knows about the class 3 curse, you think a teacher will really punish them for a chance to solve it. Also, in episode 8 we almost had a creepy subtle death but instead got a censor, too much gore in this show at times.

Episode 06 is now LIVE on AN!

Episode 07 is now LIVE on AN!

Seems to be a little issue with no subs. Slowhand is letting them know as we speak.

-lol-
Really?
Wow, I guess I need to check more thoroughly from now on.
I usually just click on it, wait until it starts, click HD, and make sure both streams are working before I post.