Aria the Scarlet Ammo / Hidan no Aria

Finished up ep. 03

Can we say… Speed?

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Finished up ep. 03

spoiler

Can we say… Speed?

spoiler

The first episode had the same speed element, though this one had an actual bus.

[quote=redshirt1]

spoiler

The first episode had the same speed element, though this one had an actual bus.

[details=spoiler]It did indeed.

And while I did find it humorous that it had an acceleration bomb, it was this episode that just absolutely screamed Speed to me.[/details]

Finished up ep. 04

Pfft!
What the hell?!

[details=spoiler]I was enjoying this series thus far, but come on… tying the main characters in with famous fictional detective stories??

And Holmes at that!

What kind of lame plot device is that?[/details]

I’ll stick with this series just to see where they go with it, but that, right there, made me lose all hope for this series.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Finished up ep. 04

Pfft!
What the hell?!

[details=spoiler]I was enjoying this series thus far, but come on… tying the main characters in with famous fictional detective stories??

And Holmes at that!

What kind of lame plot device is that?[/details]

I’ll stick with this series just to see where they go with it, but that, right there, made me lose all hope for this series.[/quote]

spoiler

Well, the only thing I would have to say to that is isn’t this a fictional story with fictional characters as well? So, why not have Holmes and such be real in that world.

[quote=redshirt1]

spoiler

Well, the only thing I would have to say to that is isn’t this a fictional story with fictional characters as well? So, why not have Holmes and such be real in that world.

The true problem I have with it, is consistency.

[details=spoiler]Lupin was a sly slick thief, so I could see it as plausible, him meeting up with some girl through his travels, falling in love, and creating offspring, though it was never mentioned.

Holmes on the other hand, never fell in love and distrusted women so much, he never could have offspring.

Tying the main character to Holmes as a direct 4th generation descendant, is truly too much of a stretch to even be considered plausible to me.[/details]

Finished up ep. 05

Lots, and lots of action, but very little accomplished.

Though, obviously Kinji accepted the offer to be Aria’s “partner”.

Finished up ep. 06

Harem ahoy!

[details=spoiler]Shirayuki seems to always take things the wrong way.
Her and Aria fighing constantly will probably grate on my nerves if they keep it up through the rest of the series, but it was rather funny for this episode.[/details]

Finally caught up on this one and I am really enjoying it so far. I love the blend of action and humor. :slight_smile:

Finished up ep. 07

This ep. was a little more interesting, since it was less harem-ish.

Looks like Aria was right, and Durandal does exist.

Finished up ep. 08

Wow… just… wow.

They’re just pulling character links out of thin air now.

[details=spoiler]So, it turns out Durandal is no other than the 30th Jeanne d’Arc (commonly known as Joan of Arc).

And they explain this wondrous inconsistency, by simply saying the Jeanne d’Arc, the teen that was burned at the stake, was simply a double.[/details]

Finished up ep. 09

More harem fun it seems.

Riko is now tormenting Kinji so he can control his ‘hystera mode’.
Kinji accepted helping Riko theiving.

Fait accompli! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Finished up ep. 10

I like the soundtrack for this, but the overall story… is just sad.
And not in a good way.

[details=spoiler]So we find out that ‘Vlad’ is a ‘demon’ and has lived a really long time.
My hunch, with the way this series has been going, is that they’re going to tie him in as Dracula or some such nonsense.[/details]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Finished up ep. 10

I like the soundtrack for this, but the overall story… is just sad.
And not in a good way.

[details=spoiler]So we find out that ‘Vlad’ is a ‘demon’ and has lived a really long time.
My hunch, with the way this series has been going, is that they’re going to tie him in as Dracula or some such nonsense.[/details][/quote]

spoiler

Very good guess! Vlad the impaler. Not a very pleasant guy and is whom Drac is kinda based off of.

Still, would you have liked to have been stuck in that locker?

[quote=redshirt1]

spoiler

Very good guess! Vlad the impaler. Not a very pleasant guy and is whom Drac is kinda based off of.

Hence why I said that.

Any word why the simulcast stopped last week?

[quote=redshirt1]
Any word why the simulcast stopped last week?[/quote]

I just woke up, so I didn’t know about this.
However, looking around at the usual places for info (including FB and Twitter), I have gleaned nothing in the way of info as to why ep. 11 isn’t availible.

So I guess we’ll just have to wait it out.

Wasn’t episode 11 supposed to come out last week, or did I my dates messed up. It has gotten crazy work wise. Maybe 10 came out last week, where am I, who is that, do I need a towel?

Edit: Seems like Funi’s site is having issues.

[quote=redshirt1]
Any word why the simulcast stopped last week?[/quote]

I was wondering about that, too. After looking around for a while with no luck, I found this under the availability notes on Hulu: