Aria the Scarlet Ammo / Hidan no Aria

Thanks Shady! I owe you one.

Finished up eps. 11 & 12

What did I tell you?!

This series had some fun fight scenes and a nice soundtrack, but really, those are truely the only redeeming qualities of this show.

Other than that, the story is a complete train wreck, the characters are horrible, even the animation was kind of sub-par for what I expected from J.C. Staff from the other stuff I’ve seen by them.

-edit-
I had a good laugh when this popped up as well.
The author is basically begging people to buy more so they can do a second season of this series.

Hidan no Aria Author: 2nd Season Needs More BD/DVDs Sales

Really?!
You want to make more of this horrible show?
REALLY??

I have to completely agree with that. The last two episodes were groan inducing but I still feel it wasn’t a complete waste of time. It did have it’s moments.

From what the majority have been saying about this, both here and there, it’s a good thing I dropped it afer ep. 4. I think 4 eps. is more than enough for me to decide whether a show is worth continuing or not. In a 12-13 episode show, the first 4 episode amounts to the first act.

If the first act of either a movie, book, etc. isn’t compelling or interesting enough, whether that be through character, setting, style, atmosphere, story, then I’m not gonna spend anymore time on it. I mean, there are more than enough entertainment out there to watch/do/record/whathaveu… :evil:

Maybe Funi thought this be a cool Angel Beats/Shana-esque show.

Naw…it wasn’t it.

TALLY-HOOO!!!
I’m off to save the world

[quote=Tonka]
From what the majority have been saying about this, both here and there, it’s a good thing I dropped it afer ep. 4.[/quote]

It has it’s moments (like Hysteria Mode) but on the whole, it really went down hill after ep. 04.
So it probably is a good thing you stopped at that point.

I honestly think this show is being way underrated. Sure it’s not Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but a lot of things aren’t.

And truth be told, Hidan no Aria is an anime that’s stupid in all the right ways. Sure, there’s fanservice, but it at least infrequently has a point, meaning that time spent not furthering the plot actually is used.

Given what I’ve heard I was expecting something incredibly disjointed but wow, the build-up for the story was a lot more coherent than I thought it was going to be. The foreshadowing for a motive in the final arc during the first one, or a comic relief scene at the end of one episode which creates a scenario to further the relationship between the characters in the following part.

Speaking of which, they’re one-dimensional but the show is more cast-driven than character-driven, moved along by the promises or problems between anyone rather than any single motivation. The individual drives still exist, but sometimes it overlaps, making the distinction between personality and circumstance somewhat blurred. However if there’s one exception to make, it’s for Riko, who’s pretty much the driving force for the entire story and as far as I’m concerned the most rounded character from the show in more ways than one. Honestly you could remove Shirayuki’s arc and almost nothing of value would be lost, but I digress.

While it isn’t going to be withstanding the test of time, I’ll be damned if I didn’t say this wasn’t surprisingly entertaining, and dare I say good for the kind of show it wanted to be. The only things I can really fault it for are the need for character improvement and below-average animation, and the only genuinely idiotic thing about this show being Vlad’s true identity.

Overall, Hidan no Aria doesn’t aim high but shoots right where it needs to.

[size=16]Funimation Adds More Aria the Scarlet Ammo[/size]
posted on 2012-06-30 20:56 EDT

UUGHHHH!!!

Why for Spaghetti Monster’s sake?

Why!!??

:sick:

[quote=“tonka”]UUGHHHH!!!

Why for Spaghetti Monster’s sake?

Why!!??

:sick:[/quote]

Sentai licensed all the good stuff except Eureka 7 AO? :wink:

[size=20]Aria: The Scarlet Ammo’s English Dub Cast, Trailer Revealed[/size]
posted on 2012-08-21 11:45 EDT
Leah Clark leads cast in Funimation’s October 23 DVD/BD combo

Funimation revealed the English dub cast and trailer for its upcoming release of the Aria the Scarlet Ammo television anime series on Tuesday.

ARIA - Leah Clark
KINJI - Todd Haberkorn
SHIRAYUKI - Brina Palencia
SAYONAKI - J. Michael Tatum
RIKO - Luci Christian
MUTO - Ricco Fajardo
SHIRANUI - Chris Cason
JEANNE - Colleen Clinkenbeard
DURANDAL - Chuck Huber
REKI - Jad Saxton

Funimation is also streaming an English-dubbed clip:

Funimation will release the anime in a Blu-ray/DVD combo on October 23.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-14/aria-the-scarlet-ammo-novels-inspire-new-project
[size=20]Aria the Scarlet Ammo Novels Inspire New Project[/size]
posted on 2013-12-14 19:43 EST

Light novel creator Chūgaku Akamatsu revealed on Thursday that a new Aria the Scarlet Ammo Project is in the works. Akamatsu posted an image on Twitter of the novel’s 16th volume that will ship in Japan on December 25. The volume’s wraparound jacket band announces the project and asks fans to wait for more news.

The series already received a television anime adaptation that debuted in Japan in 2011. North American anime distributor Funimation streamed the series as it aired.

The story takes place in Tokyo Butei High School, a special school where armed detectives — “Butei” — are trained to use weapons. Kinji Tōyama is a second-year-student who has a special ability, but he keeps it a secret to maintain an ordinary, peaceful life. However, when he gets caught in a bombing on the way to school, he encounters H. Aria Kanzaki, the most powerful S-Rank Butei student in Assault Studies.

A second season of this would be interesting. It might be Bolton’s only shot at having a second great this dub in this decade lol.

Perhaps this one will explain how one can get the monicker “the butei killer” without killing a single butei? Or it could answer the zillion and one plot threads left hanging in the end of the first season.

Considering the content and how much this series pissed me off, I’d rather they just let this particular series just die and fade off into obscurity.

So how’d this series annoy you?

Read this thread.
I posted my thoughts in it.

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]

Read this thread.
I posted my thoughts in it.[/quote]

but all those posts predate the release of the dub… :ohmy: :ohmy:

And you think I’m dumb enough to actually watch it a second time around??

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]
And you think I’m dumb enough to actually watch it a second time around??[/quote]

LMFAO XD

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me…

Makes me glad that I waited for the dub to watch this. Even though I saw FMA subbed back in the day (back when XVID was standard, H.264 was new and too powerful for most machines and the suck of a Funi dub was a foregone conclusion…and before they dubbed it) but even so the thought of watching this subbed is one that I’m still having trouble wrapping my mind around. It didn’t even occur to me as an option.

Watching this subbed has got to be almost on par with watching Ghost Stories subbed…with the “real” subtitles in terms of terribadness.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-12/aria-the-scarlet-ammo-novelist-teases-franchise-new-project
[size=20]Aria the Scarlet Ammo Novelist Teases Franchise’s New Project[/size]
posted on 2014-01-12 14:41 EST

Writer Chūgaku Akamatsu reported on Sunday that the pachinko game that was just announced for the anime of his Aria the Scarlet Ammo novels is not the new project that he had mentioned earlier. He added that something big is waiting to be revealed.

According to Akamatsu, the pachinko machine will feature brand new anime footage. The pachinko machine will be unveiled at an opening event at Akihabara’s Belle Salle pachinko parlor on January 26, and 100 people will be allowed to attend the event. Those who wish to attend can apply to attend until January 20.

Akamatsu’s original novels were adapted into an anime in 2011. Funimation licensed the series for simulcasting and home video release.