Asian Cooking

I think I am watching to many animes that have food I never tried before. Have you walked down the Supermarket’s Asian Aisle and bought different kinds of noodles or sauce mix and spices?
I just really wanted to eat something different.

and how can you not buy Pocky Sticks?

Ah the joys of Asian cookery.

We have dedicated Asian Markets here in Central Florida, so we can get very nearly anything.

I’ve learned how to prepare a number of dishes, but I find myself falling back on Curry & Soba / Udon / Ramen a lot.

Also we get all kinds of treats besides Pocky, some like mochi with red bean paste stuffing are down right addictive.

Mark Gosdin

[quote=“mgosdin” post=149192]Ah the joys of Asian cookery.

We have dedicated Asian Markets here in Central Florida, so we can get very nearly anything.

I’ve learned how to prepare a number of dishes, but I find myself falling back on Curry & Soba / Udon / Ramen a lot.

Also we get all kinds of treats besides Pocky, some like mochi with red bean paste stuffing are down right addictive.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

If I find Red Bean paste Stuffing I am going to makehttp://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/TieQ3_qEAhD5f69O2RNAXQ/l.jpg

[quote=“mgosdin” post=149192]mochi with red bean paste stuffing are down right addictive.

Mark Gosdin[/quote]

I just bought a http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=102970 that http://www.eat-japan.com/recipes/tsubuan.html at the supermarket.

If you ever find yourselves in Houston, there is a store called FIT and it is a Japanese novelty store where you can buy Mochi, and other treats like red bean Kit-Kat candy bars!

-Mo-

Will be in Houston Wed & Thur of next week for a company meeting.

Won’t have time, or a car, to explore. :frowning:

Maybe next time. :wink:

Mark Gosdin

Well if somehow you can make it there it is a grand place indeed.

Below is their information:

9889 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 251
Houston, TX 77036
Neighborhoods: Sharpstown, Chinatown
(281) 201-1360
fitjpstore.com

-Mo-

Been wanting to make Gyūdon and Yakisoba for some time. I used to have a nearby place that made Gyūdon and loved it.

I bought a http://doclibrary.com/MFR3007/PRD/sku_pri_image_RT-1021_iuee.jpg, at the supermarket. I think it was the tastiest food I ever ate even the leftovers 2 days later was still as good. I also bought a http://www.johnnywander.com/files/comicers3/blog/goldencurry.jpg, that was also good.

[quote=“moisme” post=149342]Well if somehow you can make it there it is a grand place indeed.

9889 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 251
Houston, TX 77036
(281) 201-1360
fitjpstore.com

-Mo-[/quote]

Be careful of Bellaire, people drive crazy there. If you want to experience a Japanese store without the traffic, depending on time… On the Intersection of Westheimer and Wilcrest there is a Japanese Market called Nippan Daido, a good place for a sampling of Japanese foodstuffs. while you’re there, you and your buisness cohorts (if you are nearby) could also visit the Pho One, I highly recommend the place. (I am a professional chef) the Pho is divine, I want their broth recipe

My employer is headquartered in Bellaire. Sadly my trip was postponed at the last minute, it’s amazing what impact a misbehaving network card can have in a sensitive machine.

I saw what must have been the Pho One restaurant you mentioned, that name sticks in the memory, on my last trip to Houston. I will have to check it out.

Bellaire drivers are the model of courtesy and friendliness, almost as good as the rush hour drivers in Toronto. As a matter of perspective I used to drive Central Expressway in Dallas regularly in the 1980’s, now those folks were crazy. :silly:

Mark Gosdin

[quote=“Haissan” post=150823]

[quote=“moisme” post=149342]Well if somehow you can make it there it is a grand place indeed.

9889 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 251
Houston, TX 77036
(281) 201-1360
fitjpstore.com

-Mo-[/quote]

Be careful of Bellaire, people drive crazy there. If you want to experience a Japanese store without the traffic, depending on time… On the Intersection of Westheimer and Wilcrest there is a Japanese Market called Nippan Daido, a good place for a sampling of Japanese foodstuffs. while you’re there, you and your buisness cohorts (if you are nearby) could also visit the Pho One, I highly recommend the place. (I am a professional chef) the Pho is divine, I want their broth recipe[/quote]

I know exactly where you are talking about. Will have to check it out sometimes. I still like Fit on bellaire because they have gundams and they have green tea flavored kit-kats.
There are some many places like these in Houston to explore, I guess it helps when you are a huge city.

-Mo-

So I see that I am not alone. It’s now come to the point where I prefer Japanese cooking over all other foods. My family isn’t so into it as I am but I feel that they just haven’t explored the cuisine enough yet.