Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra

Who looses any money if I watch this leaked version? I can’t think of anyone. I’m also not giving any financial support to the people who leaked it. If I were to watch the rip, I’d probably watch the televised version regardless. Shoot, I saw the infamous rip of Wolverine:Origins and I still then paid to see that crap in theaters.

Though when I watch the televised version I will do so either on demand or via dvr, and certainly as a group, which minimizes my exposure to commercials.

I quasi-legally streamed the original Avatar series as trying to watch it on TV was so archaic and tedious (especially when I didn’t start it until 2009) and from that I bought the DVDs, which as we’ve heard from Sentai and funimation, are still the most effective way to support the industry.

I’ve streamed/downloaded almost every show that I’ve ever watched. Blind buying DVDs burned me too many times (especially when they don’t have extras). The only time I can remember getting the DVDs before vetting the show and not getting burned was with The Melody of Oblivion in a con grab bag last year. Though from the same grab bag series we were burned by Steel Angel Kurumi. Not even the extras redeemed that. Point being that I can only think of one series that I blind bought and enjoyed, but I can think of several that I despised, and with things like American cartoons and especially anime, I can only blind buy it or stream it first (with limited dvr capacities and limited on demand selection there is a good chance that even the aforementioned group watch will have to be done with a quasi legal version). With Netflix, TAN, and the horrid Hulu I can stream a lot of stuff legally, but they are far from all inclusive.

If I watch it now and it sucks, then I’ve saved myself almost a whole more month of anxiously waiting to see if it does suck. Less time for the show to be hyped means that if it.does suck, I will be less disappointed and more likely to give it a chance to get better.

Besides, is there no chance that the leak of EP 1 was intentional?

Whether or not YOU buy it is a moot point. Your excuses only fuel on the leeches who don’t buy.

Anyway, this is off-topic and I won’t discuss it anymore. I said my peace and you said yours.

That’s the end.

I gave evidence to support my stance on the issue. Rational evidence and reason. No excuses were mentioned, no support of people who don’t buy was given by me. I get the feeling that you believe in the flawed theory that every instance of “piracy” is a lost sale. There are those that won’t ever buy, and then there are those who have only bought because of “piracy”, such as myself. I only see unsubstantiated, irrational hate and intransigence on your side of the metaphoric fence. :frowning:

That’s not the stuff from which civilized conversation is made. Since the rip was mentioned here it seems fair game to discuss it

This is the 21st century; waiting for and watching the show as it airs on TV is archaic and inefficient, and in my case, largely impossible. I can’t make the Luddite TV networks embrace streaming as they should, but I can still support them in my own way, a way greater than watching alone ever would.

If streaming and then buying is wrong, and buying is the best way to support the industry, then TAN is actually hurting Sentai, which makes no sense.

If you wish to continue with the backward practice of watching a show when it airs, sitting through all the commercials attentively (the only really “legal” way to watch until it hits Netflix) then be my guest, but please don’t try and force me to do the same.

So, who saw the episode?

BTW I don’t remember the Avatar having He-Man like strength.

[quote=“celestial_being” post=110907]
Did you happen to see it? If so, what were your thoughts on it.[/quote]

To answer your question, no, I didn’t watch it.
I just made a post about it because it seemed rather interesting and odd, since I’m not quite sure how it leaked.

It’s still interesting that it did, and it’s kind of inspiring to see it almost everywhere on the internet. Since the “genie” is already out of the bottle I might as well ask a wish, to use a thin metaphor.

Maybe it is like the suspicious leak of the press demo of Human Revolution last year?

If none of us watch this, then this thread will sit here neglected, unloved and unclaimed, until April. That’s kinda sad, but if we watch the rip now we can engage in speculation and spirited discussion on the series. We can sort of still do that without watching the rip, but then we run the risk of wasting time speculating and discussing things that could have already been established/disproved by the rip. Why would we want to do that? Ostriches aren’t very cool IMO B)

I will wait for it to air as I have no desire to watch a leaked video. It also might help to lay off the insulting attitude when someone has a different opinion then you. Its starting to get a little old already.

I know, right? :laugh: :laugh: :stuck_out_tongue:

You guys are an odd bunch; if we aren’t supposed to talk about the rip, then it shouldn’t have been mentioned.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=91600]

[size=5]Premieres Saturday, April 14, at 11:00 a.m. (all times ET/PT)[/size][/quote]

SLOWHAND!!! :blink: how did you miss this in the schedules and reminders for tomorrow! :frowning:

Also with Charter it can be found in the Nickelodeon OnDemand section. I really enjoyed the first episode and look forward to seeing more.

:blink: TWC does too! but i didnt see it listed in the on-demand list in the reminders either…

[quote=“shadzar” post=113780]
SLOWHAND!!! :blink: how did you miss this in the schedules and reminders for tomorrow! :([/quote]

It’s not anime for one, and two - no one requested it. ARE YOU requesting it?

its already set for every Saturday now so now need. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, now that we’ve all seen it, can anyone explain how Korra has Olympic weightlifter-level strength and can throw hulking men twice her size around like rag dolls (and is stronger than said men)?

Whatever steroids they gave Korra should have been given to Aang.

Also, does Korra really need air bending? It’s the least powerful of them by far. I’d ask if she really needs anything besides water bending, since water bending is the most powerful and can do almost everything that the other 3 main disciplines can do, but that would be asking for too much from a kids’ show. Know what I mean?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/14-1/san-diego-comic-con-teases-future-of-legend-of-korra
-pics and spoilers at the link-

[size=15]San Diego Comic Con Teases Future of “Legend of Korra”[/size]
A look at what’s to come from Book 2

Last Airbender co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, along with voice director Andrea Romano and cast Janet Varney (Korra), P.J. Byrne (Bolin), David Faustino (Mako), and Seychelle Gabriel (Asami) treated a crowd of enthusiastic San Diego Comic attendees to some secrets of what’s to come in the future of Legend of Korra.

Tragically, there’s no indication of the second series having a deeper conflict or a villain who wasn’t just shoehorned in and then conveniently (ie:poorly) written out. After Azula and Ozai in the first series I expected much more from Amon.

Book One had so much potential, but that ending was horrible. I don’t want to go through that again.

Maybe Book 2 will explain why Korra is said to have “mastered” multiple elements when she is constantly outclassed by other fire, earth, air, and water benders. A better explanation for why Korra didn’t reflexively go into the avatar state when she was in mortal danger, as Aang did, would be appreciated.

Of course, an explanation of how Amon removed bending is downright required.

well…

Since Amon used blood bending to remove people’s bending, he probably used it to permananently damage the pressure points that chi blockers usually hit to temporarily remove a person’s bending.

I don’t think that would work because damaging Chi points would be physical damage to a person, which a normal healer like Katara could have fixed. Katara also said that Amon severed people’s connections to the elements, which sounds spiritual to me.

I don’t enjoy the spirit bending to begin with as even the first series didn’t explain it fully, and it came as a last-second plot device which magically allowed Aang to avoid bloodshed.

[quote=“celestial_being” post=122020]I don’t think that would work because damaging Chi points would be physical damage to a person, which a normal healer like Katara could have fixed. Katara also said that Amon severed people’s connections to the elements, which sounds spiritual to me.

I don’t enjoy the spirit bending to begin with as even the first series didn’t explain it fully, and it came as a last-second plot device which magically allowed Aang to avoid bloodshed.[/quote]

I don’t have a problem with spirit bending and what it does, but the way it was introduced in the first series just screams of “we can’t show people dying on Nickelodeon, so this is how we’re going to fix that.” Which is a clever way of going about it; but with no other explanation other than a giant lion turtle teaching it to Aang for its origins, it’s difficult to take it seriously.

As for Amon…

I guess what you’re supposed to think if you have seen the first series, is that Amon uses spirit bending to take away people’s ability to bend elements. That suspicion is then supposed to be taken away when it is revealed that he is a blood bender. Plus, I believe both Tarrlok and Korra say at some point in the show that he uses blood bending to take their bending away. That’s why you have to figure it has something to do with chi blocking. Think of it as sort of a clogged artery or a blood clot which permanently blocks chi, or something like that. At least that’s how I see it… What I don’t understand about the “he’s using blood bending to take away other people’s bending” is that if he was doing that, then using blood bending should be able to cure them as well. Katara can blood bend, she’s done so before, I don’t see why she can’t just undo what Amon did. I guess what I’m trying to get at is… Why would you need spirit bending to fix something done with blood bending? How is it that bending a person’s blood cuts them off from the elements?