Lumis has arrived!

Hey… what’s up TAN!? Some of you guys already know me from my complaining in the VOD thread about some problem driving me crazy. Well, we all have to make a start somewhere… even if it is like a crying infant! Anyway, I felt too much time has gone by without properly introducing myself. Guess I’m kind of shy. :blush::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When it comes to anime, I am a lover of it all. The main reason I got into anime was because of the amazingly believable characters and the out of this world stories that surrounded them. One of the biggest things I look for in and like about anime is that it has to have an awesome ending! Some examples of my favs’ are…

Angel Beats!
Baccano!
Blue Gender
Devil May Cry
Eureka Seven
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic!
Ghost in the Shell
Gun X Sword
The Gundam Series Universe
High School of the Dead
Kurau: Phantom Memory
Shakugan No Shana
Shuffle!
SoltyRei
Soul Eater
Trigun
Vandread
Welcome to the N.H.K.

That was just a quick list, if you could call 20 quick, of some of my top favs’ so far. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please feel free to always share your top picks. I will always check back to see if you guys found some gems that you wanted to share. Nothing makes me happier than discovering new anime and suggesting it to others! What self respecting otaku wouldn’t be… right? :wink: A thank you to all!

I am glad to be a part of the TAN with all of you, and I hope you guys won’t haze me too hard here before too long… LOL! Whenever I have time, you should be able to find me here rambling on about something dumb most likely. Hopefully I can join the ranks of the TAN veterans someday. Anyway… thanx again! :sunglasses:

You’re one of them fake new people aren’t ya?

You can’t fool me! :wink:

About time you made this topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I first got into anime, it was the facial expressions. Ironically, it’s the same reason I love the art style of TF2 and Wind Waker. :wink:

Can’t really say I have the same reason to liking anime now though.

[quote=“Hornet65, post:2, topic:6635, full:true”]
You’re one of them fake new people aren’t ya?

You can’t fool me! :wink:[/quote]

Never! I’m very real. If you cut me… do I not bleed? :wink:

Question, does anyone know where that is from? I am drawing a blank moment and don’t wanna’ just guess… pretty sad right? Let me know.

[quote=“Lumis” post=130943]Never! I’m very real. If you cut me… do I not bleed? :wink:

Question… does anyone know where that is from? I am drawing a blank moment and don’t wanna’ just guess… pretty sad right?[/quote]

The Merchant of Venice. Mods know everything. :whistle:

Seriously, about time you made one of these threads. But now, I don’t know what to say, usually I go on about Rules and such, but you already know about all that.

So, just Welcome and carry on! :slight_smile:

[quote=“miquelfire, post:3, topic:6635, full:true”]
About time you made this topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I first got into anime, it was the facial expressions. Ironically, it’s the same reason I love the art style of TF2 and Wind Waker. :wink:

Can’t really say I have the same reason to liking anime now though.[/quote]

Yeah I know right!? Guess I beat cha’ though. I was determined to start an intro topic before I hit 200 posts. It has been an awesome race of the turtles… wouldn’t you say? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And yes… the art style of anime was another big factor. I mean just look at the eyes of the characters… simply beautiful and surreal! It comes a long way from the traditional black dot.

[quote=“Slowhand, post:5, topic:6635”]
The Merchant of Venice. Mods know everything. :smirk:

Seriously, about time you made one of these threads. But now, I don’t know what to say, usually I go on about Rules and such, but you already know about all that.

So, just Welcome and carry on! :smile:[/quote]

Ah hah! That was it! You indeed are a genius! Thanx… and a salute to you too, Slowhand. :wink:

Like I said to Miquel, if he doesn’t mind me calling him that, it has been a slow way of introduction. Ah well, better late than never I guess.

Welcome to you Lumis! Finally! :silly:

It’s good to have you with us!

A belated welcome Lumis

[quote=“LadyOfWicca, post:7, topic:6635, full:true”]
Welcome to you Lumis! Finally! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s good to have you with us![/quote]

Thank you very much. I guess you can say that I was debating how I should make my entrance… gotta’ be a dramatic one. :stuck_out_tongue:

And Outlander… I will make sure to keep an eye on you too my friend. :laughing: Thank you for the belated welcome. See ya’ around!

EDIT: My… has time went by. I miss you, Outlander. You made this place so entertaining for me. :sob:

Welcome to the Grand Opening of Lumis!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/grandopeningbannerfirst.jpg/http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7359/grandopeningbannerfirst.jpg

That’s what this thread feels like. :slight_smile: A retail store that has been open for a week but has its Grand Opening on a Saturday.

[quote=“MrsRish, post:10, topic:6635, full:true”]
Welcome to the Grand Opening of Lumis!

That’s what this thread feels like. :smile: A retail store that has been open for a week but has its Grand Opening on a Saturday.[/quote]

That is so true! Except at this retail store we sale shrunken heads and other odd wares… care to buy one? Outlander bought three yesterday… needed somethin’ for the old bookshelf. :laughing:

Puns aside… thanx very much. Now that this is done, I need to start catching up on some of the series I want to finish/watch. *Sigh*… being an anime fan is so hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope I’m not late to the party. :stuck_out_tongue:
Hello and welcome to the transpicuous TAN boards!! :3

And here I actually thought you already made an intoduction thread. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I hope you’ve found your time on here enjoyable so far and stay with us for many years to come, posting and all that along the way. :wink:

A Kyouta (TAN) Welcome.

http://www.freewebs.com/sweet_lime/inuwelcomesign.bmp

[quote=“Iron_K_Tager, post:12, topic:6635, full:true”]
I hope I’m not late to the party. :stuck_out_tongue:
Hello and welcome to the transpicuous TAN boards!! :3

And here I actually thought you already made an introduction thread. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I hope you’ve found your time on here enjoyable so far and stay with us for many years to come, posting and all that along the way. :wink: [/quote]

Nope… you’re fashionably late. :wink: Thank you for the welcome, and I do not plan on going anywhere else… this place finds ways to keep it from getting old. I have had some good laughs here and learned a lot. You can never have enough of that. You know what I mean?

[quote=“Kyouta, post:13, topic:6635, full:true”]
A Kyouta (TAN) Welcome.[/quote]

Why thanx very much! :smile: Nice pic’… BTW, I am enjoying watching InuYasha on Toonami again. It’s good to see it come back. For some reason that series never seems to get boring… no matter how many times I’ve seen it. Thanx again, Kyouta!

Youre welcome.

A Kyouta Welcome is Highly Regarded around TAN.
Just so you know.

But.
im a big fan of inuyasha.

well i guess ill be going now.
See you around TAN.

Tykes te Timber! Welcome to the forums… tykes?

Hrm… but you’ve already been here and for a while, too… my brain hurts, tykes… :huh:

Welcome, nonetheless, and enjoy your stay!

You’ve got a grand lot of favorites! And of course, any fan of N.H.K. is a friend of mine. (tykes, tykes)

[quote=“Timber, post:16, topic:6635, full:true”]
Tykes te Timber! Welcome to the forums… tykes?

Hrm… but you’ve already been here and for a while, too… my brain hurts, tykes… :confused:

Welcome, nonetheless, and enjoy your stay!

You’ve got a grand lot of favorites! And of course, any fan of N.H.K. is a friend of mine. (tykes, tykes)[/quote]

Yes… I’ve been lurking around for too long without properly getting my name out there. We already ran into each other in the Brain Drain thread regarding that gentlemanly competition… remember? I guess you could call this the reverse hello since most of you guys already know me… funny right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides that, the N.H.K. was great! I would like to see something like it come out in the future. I have seen a lot of anime, and even though I have a large list of favs’, I still regard them as rare and are precious classics in my heart for certain reasons. Thank you Timber for the most gentlemanly welcome… see ya’ around!

Walking into the TAN dinning room, notices the remains of a large cake and various members passed out wearing the wrong genders underwear. “Seems I missed a party, wonder where Outlander got that lampshade on his head from?” Seeing the sign “Welcome to TAN Lumis” stares at it with a puzzled look “Swear I seen that guy around for some time.” Gives a shrug and heads for the kitchen.

“Hey what happen to my pasta salad in the fridge!”

[quote=“ShawnMerrow, post:18, topic:6635, full:true”]
Walking into the TAN dinning room, notices the remains of a large cake and various members passed out wearing the wrong genders underwear. “Seems I missed a party, wonder where Outlander got that lampshade on his head from?” Seeing the sign “Welcome to TAN Lumis” stares at it with a puzzled look “Swear I seen that guy around for some time.” Gives a shrug and heads for the kitchen.

“Hey what happen to my pasta salad in the fridge!”[/quote]

Hey! That sounds like every Friday… LOL! It’s all fun and games until you wake up in someone else’s underwear… and have no memory of how it happened. :laughing:

Besides that… it’s been fun so far. I have even gotten involved in a couple of “flame war” arguments… good times. Thanx for the welcome Shawn and for the story that was supposed to remain a secret! :angry::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Whew… we’re all still alive after 2012! It looks like you guys will have to put up with me for even longer or until the next doomsday date comes up… *chills.* :sweat_smile:

And, by the way… :no_mouth: