Black Bullet

I had the opposite thought, that Ep 2 started out strong but ended on a meh. They undid the poignant scene in the episode when they didn’t follow through.

So why are you waiting a week before starting episode 3?

Because ep. 03 isn’t up on TAN yet?

Is Blade and Soul up on TAN yet? :dry:

Apparently, you seem to be under this misconception that I watch ALL of Sentai’s titles on CR, never bothering to pay attention to what I post and when.
And not even noticing that I actually split my watching between CR & TAN for the Sentai titles.

So you’re disappointed that I’m not cyber-stalking you? :unsure: :wink:

Wherever you watch Sentai shows is your prerogative. That said, watching some on TAN and some on Crunchy is highly illogical. Hence my question.

Supporting both TAN and CR is illogical to you?
Then I guess this discussion at its end.

Moving on…

I love the OP for this series though!
It’s actually a toss up between this one and the Kawai Complex OP as best OP of the season for me.

I see what you tried to do there (said in the CL4TP voice).

They changed it for some reason mid way through.

Congratulations Rentaro on :

Adding Tina to your Harem.

Meh.
That sucks!
I wonder what made them change it, since it’s only one cour long.

I double checked, it seems they just changed the animation (and maybe change the small segment they use for the song if there’s a longer version) of the OP.

It seems they changed to keep in sync with the new arc that started.

That would make a bit of sense if that was the reasoning behind it.

Still makes me a sad panda to know I’m going to miss the hell out of that song in later episodes though.

The song is the same, they just changed the animation for the second half of the season.

My bad!
I misread what he typed.

Yay for keeping the song in!

Episode 03 is now live at ANO

Episode 04 is now live at ANO

Episode 7 –

spoiler

Enju is in the hospital and will be okay in a couple of days. Thankfully, Tina didn’t kill her. Rentaro and Kisara are relieved that Enju survived. Rentaro finds out that there is to be another meeting between Seitenshi and Saitake, but passes out on Kisara before he can leave. He’s just that exhausted.

While he gets cleaned up, Rentaro realizes that Tina is trying to avoid unnecessary killing, which is probably why the policeman and Enju survived. Despite that, Tina is ranked at ninety-eight and that makes her very dangerous. Rentaro thinks it might be time to quit this job, but if he does that, Seitenshi will still be in danger and most likely killed. So, how does he fight Tina?

Yasuwaki comes to get Rentaro for the meeting and seems quite happy that Rentaro without Enju won’t be of much use this time. Yasuwaki tells Rentaro that a new protection plan is in place and Rentaro tells him to create a fake one, as he grabs Yasuwaki. Pulling him out of the car, Rentaro tells him that he will be continuing his job as bodyguard. That just puts Yasuwaki into a bad mood again and he gets angry. Rentaro has to pull his gun on him to get Yasuwaki to listen to him. Once again, Rentaro tells Yasuwaki to send out false information. Rentaro will take care of the rest.

Rentaro thinks he’s found a way to defeat Tina, but I wonder if he can really kill her, since he knows the other side of her. After a simulation, Rentaro is strong enough on his own, but Tina is still a lot stronger then he will ever be. Meanwhile, Tina is going over the protection plan and notices that it seems a little on the strange side. Her master mentions that the police officer and Enju are still alive, although he ordered her to kill them. She lies, and it turns out that her master is Professor Rand. If her mission fails this time, Rand orders Tina to kill herself. On the way to fulfill her mission, Tina hopes that Rentaro isn’t there.

Rentaro gets a call from Tina, telling him that she knows the location is a false one. However, she does know where the meeting is and she says that she will target Seitenshi as she leaves. Rentaro will not let Seitenshi die by her hand. If Tina wants to kill Seitenshi, she will have to kill Rentaro first. He invites her to try. And the fight is on! But it turns out that Tina isn’t even there. She’s firing the guns by remote control from another building. I hope Rentaro can get to her. He is finally able to get to her location and then it’s hand to hand combat.

Tina defeats Rentaro and he asks her why she kills people. She tells him that it’s to prove that she has a purpose in life. There is nothing else for her and Rentaro tells her how sad that is. Tina aims the gun at Rentaro and he thinks he’s finished. But the flash grenade finally goes off and Tina is blinded. Rentaro ends up beating the heck out of Tina, but when he finally holds a gun on her, she tells him to kill her. Rentaro drops the gun and thanks Tina for not killing Enju. Tina cries.

Rentaro carries Tina out of the building and tells her that she will not get a harsh sentence. She tells him that fighting was all she had and now she’s lost everything. But Tina is suddenly shot! And Yasuwaki is holding the smoking gun. He’s a real piece of work. Two more guards hold Rentaro back as Yasuwaki approaches Tina. He’s doing this as much to torture Rentaro as to kill Tina. As he goes to shoot Tina again, Seitenshi stops him.

Seitenshi tells Rentaro that since he saved her life, what he would want from her. Rentaro asks for power to protect others. With the guards as witnesses, Seitenshi officially raises his rank to 300. His key to secret info is now level five and he’s also considered Yasuwaki’s superior. That part didn’t go over well. LOL Rentaro takes out his gun and approaches Yasuwaki. Yasuwaki backs away as Rentaro shoots the gun from his hand and injures his finger in the process. Rentaro tells him to leave and to never go near Tina again or the next time, Rentaro really will shoot him. Rentaro just made another enemy! I’m sure Yasuwaki will be back at some point for revenge.

A week later and Rentaro says that since Seitenshi left the meeting early, Saitake went home angry. Another enemy to be wary of. No evidence was found to connect Saitake to Rand. Tina is in the custody of Seitenshi and is still being interrogated. He hopes that Tina is shown mercy. As Rentaro enters the office, Enju greets him. It’s good to see that she’s back to her old self. And Tina is there! Kisara tells Rentaro that she just hired Tina. Rentaro just wonders how everyone can be smiling. But Tina is just so cute!

Episode 8 –

spoiler

Rentaro and Kisara end up being teachers for the Cursed Children at a makeshift elementary school outside of the city. How did they ever get roped into that? LOL The little girls are very inquisitive about the personal lives of their new teachers. I only hope they’re that enthusiastic when it comes to actual lessons!

The girls are delighted when Seitenshi visits the school on its first day. But she also has another reason for coming. A Monolith has been destroyed by a Stage Four called an Aldebaran that uses Varanium corroding fluid. Not good since the Monoliths are made of Varanium. Another Monolith is being built to replace the destroyed one, but the Gastrea will overwhelm Tokyo before it can be completed.

Seitenshi is controlling the information that goes out to the public, but once the Monolith turns white, people will know something is wrong. Seitenshi also tells them that around two thousand Gastrea are already gathering around the Monolith, waiting for it to fall. They are being commanded by the Aldebaran. But Rentaro wants to know how a Stage Four got past the Monolith’s magnetic field. That field should repel Gastrea up to a Stage Five. There’s no information on that yet.

Seitenshi wants Rentaro to form an “adjuvant” and work with the JASDF. She has named him team leader and wants him to fight. His job will be to fight the Gastrea and protect Tokyo while the new Monolith is completed. Those three days are going to be an absolute hell! Rentaro goes home to find two magical girls in the form of Enju and Tina. Very cute. Tina has made pizza, but it’s all she can make. At least it’s wonderful pizza.

That night as Enju sleeps, Tina talks with Rentaro and thanks him for saving her and giving her a new life. She even considers him her big brother now. Tina instinctively knows that something is bothering Rentaro and he tells her about the Monolith. She is ready to fight with him. Rentaro tells Tina a little about himself, Kisara, and Enju. Later, Rentaro ends up sandwiched between two sleeping girls. Looks like he won’t be getting much sleep. LOL

The next morning, Kisara comes to pick up Tina and from the way Tina wakes up and the things she says, it sounds like Rentaro had a very interesting night. Rentaro tries to warn her about what she’s saying, but it’s too late. Enju is in shock and Kisara pulls out her phone to call the police. Rentaro tries to explain, but it just makes things worse, especially when Tina stands up and she isn’t wearing much. Poor pedophile Rentaro! LOL

A news report claims that the leader of the group that wants to expel Cursed Children has been murdered by a Cursed Child. This is going to have an adverse effect on the law of equality that Seitenshi is advocating. Rentaro takes Tina with him to recruit members for his team. Tina considers it a date with her big brother. And they do have fun together.

As they walk along, Tina hears a beautiful song. They see a blind Cursed Child singing. Rentaro asks her about her eyes, saying that Cursed Children are immune to disease. The girl removes her blindfold and tells them that she poured lead into her eyes, because her mother hated her red eyes. This is too sad. Rentaro is just disgusted and angry. Tina is just shocked. The girl reaches out and touches Tina’s face. She can tell that Tina is a Cursed Child as well.

The little girl isn’t treated well, and Rentaro tells her not to come there for a few days, but the girl is supporting her sister. Rentaro gives her money and makes her promise to stay away. Rentaro and Tina leave and the child hears a protest going on regarding the Gastrea and the Cursed Children. In addition, Seitenshi’s proposed law has been rejected.

Rentaro begins his recruitment. He ends up at Katagiri’s place, and Katagiri knows exactly why he’s there and the fact that everyone else has turned him down. Once Katagiri and Yuzuki hear the rest of what they didn’t know, Katagiri also turns Rentaro down. Rentaro tells them that Tokyo is about to be destroyed and they will die. Well, if Rentaro wants him to face Aldebaran, Katagiri wants to know what he gets out of it. He doesn’t like what Rentaro is offering either, and even ends up laughing.

Well, Katagiri won’t work for anyone weaker than him, so it looks like Rentaro and Tina will have to fight to get his help. Rentaro apologizes to Tina for having to make her a part of this. But she intends to win regardless. However, Katagiri and Yuzuki have a few tricks and it’s going to be hard for Rentaro and Tina to win. Even with his tricks, Rentaro defeats Katagiri and the guys watch the girls fight. Katagiri lends Rentaro his sunglasses so he can see all of Yuzuki’s spider threads surrounding Tina. At the last second, Tina uses those threads to trap Yuzuki. And it’s a win for Tina! Tina makes a new friend and the Katagiri team joins Rentaro. But he’s still going to need many more pairs. And the Monolith is starting to turn white!

Get ready for the super cuteness of Fuse in ep. 9

Episode 05 is now live at ANO