Blog Archive: 2009-2014

Planzet, ef: A Tale of Memories Subbed - This Week on Anime Network Online

Link to the blog

Movie month concludes this Friday! Check out what we’ll have for you this week at the blog.

Originally posted: July 23, 2012 @ 9:49pm

1 Like

Say, since the whole dub of Ef is up, can’t the whole sub just be uploaded in one go, instead of uploading one ep/week?

In almost every case, our titles have a specific release schedule. That goes for the subtitled and dubbed versions of a series.

Some of the factors that go into Anime Network Online scheduling are:

• availability of streaming rights (not just for a title, but also a particular language versions)
  • the release strategy approved by the licensor
  • coordination of release with other services, platforms and providers
  • contracted periods of exclusitivity by another service, platform or provider
  • production workflow
  • materials delivery
  • marketing plans
  • maintaining the availability of newly released content each week

In short: There is a reason behind it all.

Hope that answers your question.

1 Like

Wednesday Wabi-Sabi Presents: Prefectural Earth Defense Force

Link to the blog

Some old-school coming your way for this edition of Wednesday Wabi-Sabi. Check it out today!

Originally posted: July 25, 2012 @ 10:22pm

1 Like

Looking at the picture, this is really old school. Wonder when I’ll find time to watch it? I got like two other series on my to watch list that I plan to watch first.

1986 so yes a little bit old school and I believe the oldest Anime available on the OP. It was one of the few obscure titles to make it to DVD from the VHS era. The ADV DVD release was a limited web-only release. Originally supposed to be online retailers only , then it switched to ADV site store only , and then it did make it to at least Rightstuf eventually. It’s a parody of if I remember correctly Ultra Seven. It’s kind of like a short Excel Saga of the 80’s.

Discussion thread is here

The picture links in the blog entry are incorrect.
They point to the last Wednesday Wabi-Sabi we had, Popotan.

Thanks Coffee, fixed that.

1 Like

Planzet, ef: A Tale of Memories Subbed Premiere

Link to the blog

Closing out our movie month will be the sci-fi action flick Planzet. Catch it before August Anime Flood hits, or else you won’t have time!

Originally posted: July 27, 2012 @ 10:33pm

1 Like

Anime Network App v2.1 Now LIVE!

Link to the blog

New version is out now, check the blog for what’s new in the Anime Network app v2.1!

Originally posted: July 30, 2012 @ 11:06pm

1 Like

…and meanwhile, we Android users are as dry as the Great Plains! Please, please, PLEASE hurry up the Android app! :huh: :frowning:

Still no android? :frowning:

Gotta say that there was a lot of room for improvement on the app. I don’t often use my iDevices, but I’ll have to check this out.

Hopefully this will start to catch TAN up to Funi, which despite not competing in mobile app streaming for years, has blown TAN away.

Arcana Famiglia & Tari Tari Premiere

Link to the blog

Today our August Anime Flood begins with two brand new special releases, La Storia della Arcana Famiglia and Tari Tari! Both shows premiere today, check out our blog post for more details.

Originally posted: August 1, 2012 @ 10:40pm

1 Like

The Planzet Watch & Answer Giveaway is a GO!

Link to the blog

This month you’ll have a chance to win an awesome full size poster of Planzet, autographed by the Director! More details in the blog. Good luck!

Originally posted: August 2, 2012 @ 10:55pm

1 Like

No. 6 English Dub Now Live

Link to the blog

New dubbed show for you guys to enjoy, plus some departures, new arrivals, and a contest update. More details in the blog. Later days!

Originally posted: August 3, 2012 @ 10:20pm

1 Like

Campione: Now Playing

Link to the blog

Show number 3 of our nine special releases this month just went live. Watch the first episode NOW and mark it on your calendar for the next couple of weeks!

Originally posted: August 6, 2012 @ 9:21pm

1 Like

Anime Network Selects iN Demand to Handle VOD Transport

Link to the blog

We’re changing the way we deliver our content to our VOD fans, more details in the blog.

Originally posted: May 22, 2012 @ 10:18pm

1 Like

and this means what exactly?

im getting that the thursday update for TAN this week might not happen at all…such as transitions often have problems. that is about all i can read into that gibberish.

what does it mean to TAN viewers?

What’s this mean? Well, for Comcast subscribers ( yes, shocking that there are still peeps out there with said service), it means they can finally see anime that’s not from Funi. Now they can have a taste from both companies.

[quote=“shadzar”]
and this means what exactly?

im getting that the thursday update for TAN this week might not happen at all…such as transitions often have problems. that is about all i can read into that gibberish.

what does it mean to TAN viewers?[/quote]

It means Slowhand may have nothing to do on Thursdays from now on. I wouldn’t worry about Thursday’s delivery-the people at iNDEMAND invented VOD. The company is owned by Comcast, Cox, Time-Warner Cable and Brighthouse Networks, so they know what they’re doing.