Prefectural Earth Defense Force (OVA)/Kenritsu Chikyū Bōeigun

###Prefectural Earth Defense Force / Kenritsu Chikyū Bōeigun (OVA)

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, science fiction
Themes: parody
Number of episodes: 4
Vintage: 1986-03-21

Plot Summary: The nefarious Phone Pole Team has one goal - world conquest. However, this has proven difficult, so they’re revising their strategy and taking over the world one prefecture at a time. When the mayor’s office of their current target learns of their plans, they recruit every member of the high school baseball team (all three of 'em) to combat this threat. Over the course of this one-shot OVA our heroes must contend with Faceless Minions™, rampaging cyborgs, desperate attempts at undercover work, and perhaps even a touch of romance, all in their efforts to protect their neighborhood…and justify the stipend given to them by the city council.

ANN Info Page

[quote=Slowhand]
Number of Episodes: 4[/quote]

Available for viewing here on TAN’s Online Player.

I wonder if this will be re-released on DVD soon.

[quote=blakdragon7]
I wonder if this will be re-released on DVD soon.[/quote]

Highly doubtful.

Even when they released it on DVD the first time it did not receive to big of print run. It was originally supposed to be exclusive to ADV’s online store ,but some did end up at Rightstuf and The Anime Corner Store. I think some managed to make it to a very very few Best Buys to. I’d watch it online or VOD while you can.

[size=6]http://www.theanimenetwork.com/20120725471/wednesday-wabi-sabi-presents-prefectural-earth-defense-force[/size]