Blog Archive: 2009-2014

Step 1: Start With the Corners

Link to the blog

Phi Brain’s big English dub premiere has arrived, and it’s bringing one more new show along with it! Check the blog to get the full details on all of today’s new releases!

Originally posted: March 22, 2013 @ 9:27pm

1 Like

[quote]Thursday March 28
Tamako Market ep. 12 - TBA [FINALE!]
From the New World ep. 21 - The Fire That Destroys the World
Amnesia ep. 8 - VIII[/quote]

That’s not all that showed up on 03/28.

[size=16]Premiere of the English dub of Divergence Eve, which will be shown two episodes per week, and is free (available to guests)![/size]

“Coming April 5, 2013 1:00 am EDT / 10:00 pm PDT - Ep. 3: Necromancer”
“Coming April 5, 2013 1:00 am EDT / 10:00 pm PDT - Ep. 4: Specular”

-Joe

Lol, if Phi Brain is the “granddaddy of all puzzle anime” then it must be doing some paradoxical time travel.

ANO Easter Scavenger Hunt

Link to the blog

Our Easter Scavenger Hunt Giveaway is now LIVE! Try to find as many as you can and you’ll win an awesome ANO Prize Pack! Good luck everyone!

Originally posted: March 29, 2013 @ 5:00pm

1 Like

Scary eyes. One of those bad timing with the pause feature type shots?

Rai, there was no mention of English dub in the Step 1: Start With the Corners blog

Arrived Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:00 am EDT / 10:00 pm PDT - Divergence Eve (episode 12.5)
Arrived Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:00 am EDT / 10:00 pm PDT - Divergence Eve: Quantum Barrier Watch
Coming Friday, April 5, 2013 1:00 am EDT / 10:00 pm PDT - Ep. 3: Necromancer
Coming Friday, April 5, 2013 1:00 am EDT / 10:00 pm PDT - Ep. 4: Specular

I suppose the reason why it was not mentioned in the ANO Easter Scavenger Hunt blog is because there are no new episodes between March 29 and April 4.

-Joe

Ear-Splitting, Earth Shaking, Monster Metal Mayhem: This Week on Anime Network

Link to the blog

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK? Detroit Metal City along with special guest Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 will provide all the Rock-n-Roll you need this week, ONLY on Anime Network! Check the blog for more details!

Originally posted: April 1, 2013 @ 9:29pm

1 Like

For anyone who seen it already, why is it called Detroit Metal City?

[quote=“miquelfire”]
For anyone who seen it already, why is it called Detroit Metal City?[/quote]

Wikipedia claims that: “The series takes its name from the KISS single ‘Detroit Rock City’.”

But it’s not cited, so I don’t know if that’s true. I’m sure it is though.

[quote=“Hornet65”]

[quote=“miquelfire”]
For anyone who seen it already, why is it called Detroit Metal City?[/quote]

Wikipedia claims that: “The series takes its name from the KISS single ‘Detroit Rock City’.”

But it’s not cited, so I don’t know if that’s true. I’m sure it is though.[/quote]

That is an actual KISS title, as is shown here.
Still not really finding anything about the other though.

Having seen Detroit Metal City several times I do not believe that the backstory for the name is given in the show, but the show does make the KISS homage plausible as not only do Krauser II, Jagi & Camus don semi-KISS-esque costumes for their performances but they encounter other groups/people who have based themselves around Western bands & ideas (eg:NYC “gansta” rapper, Sex Pistols wannabe group) throughout the course of the show.

The show cheaps out on the music and the animation of playing the instruments (not to the extent of, say, BGC 2033). I wish they’d done more with that and, of course, that Sentai had dubbed this.

What other studio could take the rape/second count up to 11? :wink:

I’m not a fan of metal, so I might not like the show too much. We’ll see. (Only time I won’t watch the first episode of a show is if it’s a sequel and I hated the first one enough to not to watch anything else of the series. Like Clannad (Saw the Movie))

Luckily the show isn’t really about the music (which I’d call noise) but the non-PC situational comedy.

Make it Rain: New Anime Premieres and Scavenger Hunt Winners Revealed

Link to the blog

This weekend we have a total of FIVE new shows for you guys to check out, some of which are available in full! Also, if you entered the ANO Scavenger Hunt Giveaway, the winners have been revealed, all in today’s blog!

Originally posted: April 5, 2013 @ 7:26pm

1 Like

Surprised that I won :cheer:

Unless I have a doppleganger which is using an exact username! :ohmy:

1 Like

[size=16]Congrats to the Winners![/size]

Sensei Terry Silver
tonka
bs3311

Congrats to the winners. The only thing I’m wondering is if I got them all right or not.

Ah well. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 was ordered by me last Thursday! Currently I’m watching the first episode and I’m waiting for the K-ON! Movie to arrive in the mail. Funny enough it’s the same day as my birthday!

1 Like

I meant to congratulate you guys awhile ago. Way to go guys… hope you got some good prizes! :cheer:

[size=16]Congrats bs3311, Sensei Terry Silver, & tonka![/size]

1 Like

Way to go guys!

1 Like

The Great Guardians: Inu x Boku SS, Hiiro no Kakera English Dubbed Premiere

Link to the blog

Today, Anime Network is overrun with exceedingly handsome males morphing into exceedingly fearsome creatures. PLUS the ANO vault is ransacked again to bring you another old school favorite. Read more about it in our Friday blog!

Originally posted: April 12, 2013 @ 8:35pm

1 Like