Blog Archive: 2009-2014

[quote=fillet]
This, of course, would happen the one week I don’t have Live. Stupid three month cards!!! They intend to put any more up in the future?[/quote]

Hopefully they will. I’m not sure if I understand you, but you don’t need LIVE Gold to access it, even the free Silver will do.

1 Like

Um, correct! (I always forget about that)

It’s great that ADV is moving towards Xbox, wherein the target demographic is spot on. Hopefully big sales will act a vote of confidence, and they can branch out towards the heavens.

1 Like

Anime Network Premieres Full Metal Panic, others

[quote=“dragoon”]
Just posted on my blog some cool developments…

Anime Network Premieres Full Metal Panic, Ghost Stories, Rune Soldier for Subscription, adds Best Student Council, Angelic layer for free Online

Anime Network, today, adds and Premieres Full Metal Panic Season 1, Ghost Stories and Rune Soldier Online (coming soon) for the first time legally online, as exclusives for Anime Network Online Subscription members. In addition, Anime Network has also recently made Best Student Council and Angelic Layer available for Free, via free Registered members. Earlier this week, on the launch of the new Online Player subscription system, Anime Network premiered: Clannad, Princess Resurrection, Azumanga Daioh, Elfen Lied, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and several other titles.

http://advnation.blogspot.com/[/quote]
Originally posted: May 21, 2009 @ 4:28pm

Anime Network has recently added more new episodes for Clannad and Princess Resurrection, as well as Online premieres and complete episodes for Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok and Cyberteam in Akihabara for Anime Network Online Player subscription members.

Source: http://advnation.blogspot.com/

1 Like

Rai just posted some more information about some of the new stuff in today’s update on the Anime Network homepage.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=New-Update-to-the-Online-Player-Clannad-Kiba-and-more-.html&Itemid=64

[quote]Hey guys, here comes the first of many updates to our Online Player. We have some new shows and episodes for our Premium members, as well as made more of our shows free to Registered users. So everyone gets a little love this week. ^_~

Full series Available to our Registered members:

Angelic Layer
Bastof Syndrome
Best Student Council
Chance Pop Sessions
Diamond Daydreams
Divergence Eve
Gilgamesh
Magical Play
Nurse Witch Komugi
Saiyuki

New stuff for our Premium users include:

Princess Resurrection - added 2 more episodes
Clannad - 2 new episodes up!
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok - FULL series now up!
Cyberteam in Akihabara - FULL series now up!
Kiba - episodes 13 to 16 are now up!

Sweet! There’s more coming down the pipeline, so stay tuned everyone! [/quote]

1 Like

Anime Network launches on Nokia Ovi and DirecTV’s new VOD service

[quote=“dragoon”]
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=AN-launches-on-Nokias-Ovi-and-DirecTVs-New-VOD-Service.html&Itemid=64

AN launches on Nokia’s Ovi and DirecTV’s New VOD Service
Written by Rai Thursday, 28 May 2009

Tired of not having ANY anime on your awesome new Nokia phone? Well, we’ve got your solution right here! Nokia has just launched it’s new Ovi Phone Service, which allows you to watch tons of great shows right on your phone! For now we’re offering the first 5 episodes of Kiba, Mezzo, and Azumanga Daioh, but as the service grows, we’ll be adding more and more for you guys to watch on the go.

For those of you who’d rather cozy up on your couch at home comes the new DirecTV VOD Service. All you need is a new HD DVR box and a broadband connection, and you’ll be watching your favorite shows in no time. We’ll also be adding more shows as demand grows, so watch out for that!

If you still crave some anime goodness, there’s always our new Online Player, just in case! :wink: [/quote]
Originally posted: May 29, 2009 @ 3:28pm

ATTN: Comcast Users

Originally posted: May 29, 2009 @ 5:18pm

1 Like

Wah? Really? No joke? Ahh. Now I’m upset. I’m very, very upset! I’m sure it’s out of your control, but I want my Anime Network :(. Is there any reason why that you can tell us? I was pumped to be able to see Utena finally (the entire thing too), and now I can’t! Plus I loose all the great stuff that ANime Network has on, and will be playing soon too? Ahh! WoW Comcast is really lame :frowning: . I don’t blame you guys at all for this though. But please try and come back to Comcast asap.

I’m ganna go cry myself to sleep now…

1 Like

Well this is very sad and bad news indeed.

And so my prediction last year happened. -_- Thank you the two companies that shall remain nameless.

I will be looking for another Cable provider as soon as I can. Comcast has long been doing one thing after another to tick off this long time customer, this is the final straw.

1 Like

Yeh I’d rather Anime Network, then the “other” channel that we recently got on Comcast that I’ll keep nameless in this thread. I liked Anime Selects and Anime Network over the new channel. Although it be nice to keep that channel, and this one too. I see no reason why we couldn’t, but Comcast thinks otherise sadly.

1 Like

I’m not happy about this.
Sad as the Anime Network on Comcast is what got me back into anime.

I have more to say but I think its best to not say it here.

1 Like

If its any comfort guys, Charter is not much better but now I admit I think I’ll hesitate on using Comcast in the future once I move out of the area. I don’t get it why do the cable companies do this to us? We just want anime. That too much to ask? :angry:

Yeah, I’ve about had it with Comcast too. After all the problems I had with DirecTV, it takes a lot to get me to consider switching back, but this was the final straw. Comcast can kiss off.

Actually, I’m complaining to Comcast right now about this. And I suggest everyone who has Comcast either call to complain, or go through their online customer service.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and enough people will get upset about this and drop their service with Comcast to make a difference. Lets show em what we’re made of anime fans!

1 Like

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
Yeah, I’ve about had it with Comcast too. After all the problems I had with DirecTV, it takes a lot to get me to consider switching back, but this was the final straw. Comcast can kiss off.

Actually, I’m complaining to Comcast right now about this.[/quote]

Yeah it’s a shame Comcast feels they only need one partner now that they made that deal earlier this month with that other company.

I guess Anime really is contracting to the point where, variety and competition is dwindling at least in the mainstream space and that the other players in the field won’t have the same access they once did.

1 Like

It seems the last thing these cable companies care about is what their customers want. I hope the same thing happens to them that happened to the gas and oil companies who were raising prices on gasoline and wound up almost going bankrupt cause people found a way to avoid paying the high prices. Would be perfect karma if you ask me.

1 Like

I had an update yesterday and still have TAN here, is it just going to run out in June, or will they just drop the channel soon? I always said I hated Comcast, this is why.
Slick

Likely when the episodes expire or on June 1.

1 Like

Looks like I will be getting Direct tv then. I hate disloyalty, and Comcast has shown that they have loyalty to no one. TAN was great for them when VOD was just starting out, but now they don’t need them anymore, so they’ll drop them.
Slick