Books You've Recently Read

Nope. Totally unrelated.

Finished Wicked by Gregory Maguire a few days ago.

Now working on World War Z by Max Brooks. Very fun book and very addictive. Read through the first half in about 3 hours, and couldnā€™t put it down. Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.

Two of the people working next to me today had WWZ, maybe Iā€™ll join into the fray. Maybe if I get half way through Lost Symbol and decide I hate Iā€™ll start on that or one of the books pretear recommended me.

Just started Helter Skelter.

Finished ā€œYou Suckā€ by Christopher Moore last night. The man is some sort of genius. -sniff sniff-

Wait, is that that one writer you recommended me?

Rereading American Gods right now, by Niel Gaiman. Basically brought a bunch of books and stuff back from home, and slowly storing stuff up at my newish place. Either way, I think Iā€™m liking this book better the second time, might be because I know more about mythologies the book is based on and get a better understanding from that knowledge, or it could be my love for all things Niel Gaiman.

Also got The Lost Symbol in the mailā€¦ letā€™s hope I donā€™t end up burning it.

Yes.

Yay I got you into Neil Gaiman! Didnā€™t I? -tries to remember- As for American Gods, I swear that book is like a time warp. You read it for 5 minutes and it feels like an hour. I still havenā€™t brought myself to finish it.

Sweet, now Iā€™ll remember his name next I go on a book run. Though that probably wont be for awhile now. ><

I feel like Iā€™ve nearly read an entire bookā€™s worth material, but Iā€™m barely on page 200 of 600ish. Iā€™m surprised Iā€™ve even gotten that far though, Iā€™m usually not the type who can reread books. I canā€™t even get that far into a Harry Potter book the second time around.

I know a couple people reading American Gods. Considering the praise Iā€™ve heard, I may have to pick up sometime. Always looking for new authors.

Fck the sht out of that. Read Neverwhere instead. Trust me.

Niel Gaiman is one of the best, you should check out that or Neverwhere as well.

Haha, I donā€™t think so, Pretear. I remember when American Gods was going around my Japanese class either sophomore or junior year of high school. ><

I did make you read Neverwhere though, and you loved it. See, I know what Iā€™m talking about.

Lol. Okay, maybe Neverwhere thenā€¦

Currently breezing through 'salemā€™s Lot. Man that book is awesome!

Finishing up James Clavellā€™s Shogun. Now hereā€™s a novel worthy of being turned into an anime. The mini-series from the 80ā€™s was good, but worthy of a remake.

Just finished reading American Gods. Iā€™m really surprised and amazed by how much I enjoyed reading that book a second time. Iā€™m normally the type of person who canā€™t stand reading a book more than once. Thereā€™s been countless books where Iā€™ve tried to read a second time, but will forget about it within the first quarter of the book. I guess thereā€™s just so much going on in that book that I forgot enough of it to be able to read again.

Now onto the The Lost Symbolā€¦ I hope this book doesnā€™t begin with Langdon being invited to visit his friend at some random place of much prestige, only to find out when he gets there that the friend is dead, and he starts finding clues to their death in random works of art and historical artifacts around the area, all ending with the friendly handicapped person being the bad guyā€¦

And if you Like Neil Gaiman, which we do, good news! His ā€œThe Graveyard Bookā€ (very good) is being turned into a movie!

Just finished reading You Suck: A love Story by Christopher Moore (or was it Chris Morrison? I seriously canā€™t remember). Probably the first vampire book Iā€™ve finished aside from Bram Stokerā€™s Dracula. Every other vampire book Iā€™ve read has me bored to tears half way through (Anne Rice) or actually make me so angry I rip the book in half (Cirque du Freak).

And I actually really liked the book, the author writes through the view points of the characters, so each time he switches between them, itā€™s a new personality. Like reading from the view point of Abby Normal, where you read about a 16yr old wannabe goth girl, where you get to see how smart she thinks she is, and itā€™s actually pretty funny. Or you get to read about a blue colored hooker, and flannel wearing vampire from Indiana, or the delightful red head vampire who really just wanted someone to spend eternity with. Overall and really fun book to read, thanks Pretear!

Iā€™m also in the middle of reading the first Dexter book right now. Itā€™s turning out to be really good too. Reading from the first person view point of a serial killer is amazing and all the crazy psychological turns this book goes down.

Itā€™s Christopher Moore!
Hehe youā€™re welcome! No problem. Iā€™m glad you liked it so much! I had a feeling you would. :slight_smile:

I especially love the Abby Normal chapters. Sheā€™s hysterical. I love how she exaggerates EVERYTHING and puts her own unique little spin on events. Priceless.

I liked that part when the dark lord Flood goes to the goth club, and everyone there looks more like a vampire than him. Also I loved it when they shaved Chet the huge cat, sucked his blood, and gave him a big red sweaterā€¦

Just finished reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter today. Itā€™s an amazing book as well, and Iā€™ve also never seen any of the TV series. I love the way the book is entirely written in first person, following the everyday life and confusion of a monsterous serial killer who fakes being human just so that he doesnā€™t draw attention to himself. That way he can let his dark passenger go into auto-pilot after he focuses it on his target of choice, usually someone who is a serial killer themselves. Like I love the way the book begins with him slipping a noose around a priests neck as heā€™s getting into the car, forces the priest to drive out to some cabin, where itā€™s revealed that the priest kills children and buries them in the garden there. He sure does love the children. So deep and psychologicalā€¦ Now time to read American Psycho.