Books You've Recently Read

Currently Reading Hidden Empire by Kevin J. Anderson. The book doesnt seem to get interesting til about midway through, and it’s a series, so it’ll probably end ina cliffhanger. O_o

shankajew wrote:

[quote]I liked that part when the dark lord Flood goes to the goth club, and everyone there looks more like a vampire than him. Also I loved it when they shaved Chet the huge cat, sucked his blood, and gave him a big red sweater…

Just finished reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter today. It’s an amazing book as well, and I’ve also never seen any of the TV series. I love the way the book is entirely written in first person, following the everyday life and confusion of a monsterous serial killer who fakes being human just so that he doesn’t draw attention to himself. That way he can let his dark passenger go into auto-pilot after he focuses it on his target of choice, usually someone who is a serial killer themselves. Like I love the way the book begins with him slipping a noose around a priests neck as he’s getting into the car, forces the priest to drive out to some cabin, where it’s revealed that the priest kills children and buries them in the garden there. He sure does love the children. So deep and psychological… Now time to read American Psycho.[/quote]

Lol and how he describes the music in the club as “robots f**king”.

Yeah, I watch the show and it is pretty amazing. It blows my mind that Michael C. Hall hasn’t won more accolades for his role as Dexter.

The last actual book that a recall reading through entirely was probably… Idk it’s been a few years… Maybe, the first Chronicles of Narnia? That was like over three years ago… Is that bad? lol

Get… get out of this thread.

The last book I read wos Anasi Brothers by Neil Gaiman
I recommend it to everyone

Read it.

you did, how did you like it?

Fine I’m leaving… -.- hmph Not my fault I don’t like to read much…

It was okay. Not my favorite of his works. I’d say that honor goes to Neverwhere.

And awe there there. -pats shoulder-

you read American Gods?

I have read the comic version of neverwhere perhaps I should read thebook, I’ve seen the film too…

Wait, other than the book, I thought there was only a TV show. I have all the episodes of that, but I’ve only seen the first episode.

I really wish the bookstore near me would get some more Neil Gaiman, they only ever have the same books that I’ve already read. They don’t even have Neverwhere. I’ve been wanting to read MirrorMask, Anansi Boys, and A Graveyard Story for awhile now. Maybe I’ll order a few online and have them shipped to the store, and have them get a copy of A Dirty Job.

Read a Book, Read a Book, Read a motha f***in’ book.

go for it shak

Actually shak, it’s The Graveyard Book and it’s wonderful. I enjoyed it. The ending was so sad yet fitting.

And yeah, I have American Gods.

Ah, I knew it was one or the other. I still refuse to see the movie until I read the book, even though the movie sounds amazing for completely different reasons.

Finished “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Across_the_Nightingale_Floor” yesterday while waiting in the doctor’s office. Its a good fantasy book heavily based on Japan and part one of a trilogy.

Just finished reading good old “Necronomicon” by Simon. Ahhh, a classic from the late 70’s. Just can’t get any better than that.

Almost finished reading “Dead Until Dark” again. My my my…

I just read Breakfast of champions by Kurt Vonnegut.
It was pretty good.
._. Like all of Mr. Vonnegut books, :3
Thats about it…
And “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy.
:confused: It was not as epic as I thought it was going to be.
eh,:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

TaylorRoxs3 wrote:

[quote]
And “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy.
:confused: It was not as epic as I thought it was going to be.
eh,:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:[/quote]

Yeah, but it’s hard to write a fun book where there’s basically only two characters. For what it’s worth it was a good read.

I too was also kinda disappointed with “The Road”. It’s good and all, just not what I was expecting.