Brain Drain

I believe it has to do with the amount & quality of “clay” used in making the paper. If too much is used or it isn’t properly processed then it can clog up a ball point pen’s tip. Of course felt tips aren’t as badly impacted.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Every once in a while when I get on the forums load looking like they did back in the mid 2000’s minus the Tan background .

3 Likes

So I hang out at a gaming site called Pogo, they’re forum boards are almost exactly identical to TAN’s old forum style.

Wrong & Wronger: The Proper Way to Eat an Oreo

July 20, 2017

2 Likes

I gots me one of those bad feelings yo .

:open_mouth:

What’s up?

If you’ve got a bad feeling about something maybe we should head for the shelter?

Mark Gosdin

We seem to have lost psychopuppet.

I have a bad feeling. Have you gone psycho @discobot fortune?

:crystal_ball: Outlook good

Just checked my emails for the first time in a while and saw the Funimation news .
Not a big fan of Sony owning or doing anything . Things don’t go their way they get that we can make it better problem .

4 Likes

Ah, well that would come as a shock. I think the consensus is that there won’t be any changes for a while. However, after reading a bit about SONY’s new CEO I have a feeling that there will be big changes since he appears to view the business as a single entity with LOB’s and not a collection of quasi-independent companies. When he starts to really move on his vision heads will roll and legacies will vanish. At least that how he appears to me.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Also putting this here for people who don’t scroll through all the news in the General Anime thread.

Looks like ANN (Anime News Network) has been hacked.

2 Likes

It went out on me in Mid-Article. I hit the back button and it was gone.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/

2 Likes

Yowzer, that’s terrible!

Darn it looks like they got hit by a group . Hopefully they have external backups .

1 Like

It appears that the target in the hack was actually the @anime twitter ID. All the rest of the chaos is from the hijacking of the animenewsnetwork.com domain, which apparently has ended up in the hands of a Chinese registrar which will complicate the problem considerably. The twitter ID, however, is back in proper hands. So if that was the target then the operation is a failure and all that is left is cleaning up the not-inconsiderable fallout.

On a brighter note, ANN’s back-end servers appear to have not been targeted and remain as they were.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Well it’s good if that’s all they were after. A group, eh? Get a life folks, make your own!

For the 3rd time in the last 15 days, our power has gone out for more than an hour.

No storms, just WHAM!

Theory is that they are rolling blackouts because of the heat and so many people. They really need to do something about this. I have no idea what that might be, but this is crazy.

1 Like

I remember when they had those in southern Cali, but they at least warned us and gave a time frame.