Brain Drain

These last two weeks have been draining . Last weekend I did get to go to NJCC and this weekend Dover Comic Con .

2 Likes

Texas needs to put in more Solar panels and wind farms . Well everyplace should really .

3 Likes

Dream Cruise time again, need to avoid Woodward this weekend.

1 Like

Solar and Wind are only useful as supplemental sources, you need Hydro, Gas, Coal or Nuclear to provide base line and Gas or Coal for surge supplies. Solar and Wind have issues, Cloudy Day or No Breeze will always impact them.

Florida is the ā€œSunshineā€ State, but even with all the State incentives you donā€™t see very many solar home installations. The Sun doesnā€™t shine enough. Some of my neighbors have Solar water heating, but they complain that it doesnā€™t work all too often.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Texas could always resort to buying emergency power from Mexico again?

Seems odd to me that a state that was front and center in the energy boom is having energy issues. Ex-gov of TX is the energy secretary now, maybe itā€™s time for Austin to call in a favor from DC?

NASA-based research from a while back of existing TX wind farms showed that they create localized warming, which might be undesirable.
https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/tx-wind-farm.html

1 Like

So, on the way home today, I saw driving a carā€¦ while it was on fireā€¦ Iā€™m assuming the driver didnā€™t know their car was on fire, but knew something was wrong (hazard lights were flashing.

1 Like

Ugh! Just what your Monday needs. :roll_eyes:

Did they have marshmallows?

3 Likes

This is my current favorite thing. Shipping information on something I ordered from Sentai, shipped from Houston.

It arrived in Austin 13 minutes before it left Houston???

Obviously some sort of space/time continuum problem here.

3 Likes

Often the times reported are dependent of the accuracy of the computers that are handling the scanning, so the time could be off on the machine in Houston ( a rare event ) and you would get something odd like this. Doesnā€™t happen too often. Also, Iā€™ve seen UPS re-use tracking numbers which resulted in all sorts of confusion.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

TARDIS Express when it absolutely has to be there before you mailed it.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s this? Ah yes an appropriate question. What other secrets do they know?

2 Likes

Interesting, the one time I chose to buy something from Sentai, it shipped from RightStuf.

2 Likes

RightStuf is Sentaiā€™s warehousing contractor. It makes sense to use RightStuf since they are already comfortable handling & shipping Anime. They also serve as AofAā€™s & Pony Canyon USā€™ warehouses.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Iā€™m taking a survey and I want to know how they know that was my LAST birthday!

5 Likes

Oh the joys of English, no wonder the poor Japanese kids have to struggle. I think I would decline to answer that one.

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

Lol yā€™all, it canā€™t be that badā€¦ right? :wink:

Never have I wished more for a channel.

1 Like

Itā€™s annoying how you never get the ones you want.

1 Like

Now thatā€™d be worth watching!

1 Like

Straight from Japan . Well it had a customs stop over ,but even the newspaper it came in was Japanese .

5 Likes